main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Ben and Seha realationship

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Allana_Rey, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Who else wants them to get together? I prefer Ben/Seha much over Ben/Vestara

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Maybe he's really into Gungans.

Or perhaps Ben is gay, he marries Valin Horn, and they have a baby through the wonders of Star Wars technology.

Maybe Ben falls in love with Grace, without realizing she's the daughter of his mother's clone.

Ben could also never fall in love or get married, and just have a kid dropped off at the Jedi Temple one day from some random girl he met at a bar many years earlier.

He's young and doesn't need to pair up with anyone, anytime soon.

And, if the Sequel Trilogy does include Ben and doesn't overwrite the entire EU, it's most likely that Ben's main love interest will be introduced in the movies.

Honestly, I think it would be boring if he married another Jedi.

Kyris Cavisek likes this.
  3. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    I read a fanfiction where he hooked up with Jysella Horn.

4. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Nah, Seha/Javon Thewles is a much better pairing. That's a Allston book just waiting to be written.

5. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Tee hee. "Holds a Vader".

6. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    I really like Seha, but I'm against Ben being paired with a female Jedi abut the same oge that him just because she exists. And iMO, a Ben/Seha pairing would be just that. Let him have some friends. Let him be one of the few characters in SW that comes around a little in a postiive way before he hooks up wiht someone finally. I'm against this tencency that you meet the love of your life as a teen - considering many teens do read SW, it's not necesarily a healthy signal to send. I'm not suggesting Ben to play wildly around either, but a couple of friendships plus a couple of relationships that end in a normal fashion (anything but what his poor dad went through) would be nice. I remember Zahn pointing out that we've had alot of dysfunctional families in SW - something normal would be a nice change. That's really what I hope would be the case with Ben - not least as we know chaos will hit the Skywalker family again when Col falls in love.

Only, is suspect chaos and drama sells more tickets... o_O

7. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I'm really hoping that wasn't some kind of euphemism.

Ulicus likes this.
  8. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    I agree with all of this, and must once again say that a new YJK novel would do wonders for Ben Skywalker as a character, providing opportunities for all of this to happen.

9. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    Personally, I am a huge Ben/Vestara shipper. I liked Ben/Seha well enough in LotF, but when FotJ came along, Ves and Ben instantly clicked for me. I felt they had a lot of good potential that ws ruined by the ending of Apocalypse.

10. Hope

Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 1999
    As of 45 ABY Ben is nineteen years old and does not have a single friend outside of his daddy. Since Ben is really nothing more than Luke's little sidekick then I doubt he'll ever really be allowed to develop any real relationship outside of his father. I think Ben will remain alone for the foreseeable future.

11. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Ah, come now. Just because we never saw the crazy "farewell-to-Ben" party his buddies made for him the night before he took off, in Outcast? Since when are the truths of SW showed onscreen? :p

rumsmuggler and Kyris Cavisek like this.
  12. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    This seems more like an appropriate topic for fanfiction more than anything else? Not that I'm frowning down on this topic because I do write fanfiction and Seha Dorvald is going to be a major character in one of my future stories. (Harmless plugging, amiwrite? :p)

That being said I really don't see anything shipping wise coming about from the EU books and honestly? If Ben Skywalker is featured in the movies I highly doubt they're going to use anyone from EU and if they do they're going to ruin the character. What they're most likely going to do is snag a popular actress like Jenifer Lawrence or Chloe Moretz or something and make them a feisty OC.

13. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Well, so far Ben is coming along as a bachelor forever. Just like his old man. All the girls are either lying to them or dying left and right because of evil Force vampires.
    Good job EU authors.

And no, I think it's a valid discussion point for this particular board.

Face it, Think back when Mara first appeared in the Thrawn books. Did anyone see Luke/Mara love at first sight? Just because something hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it automatically belong to Fanfic.

As for Ben/Seha OMG *Support!* ... Although.... Riina Kwaad! Come back! You are Ben's only hope!

14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Ben/Seha/Vestara love triangle will be the new love triangle just like Jaina/Jag/Zekk was!

15. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Come on give the kid a break he is only 16 and a Jedi at that.

16. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    I know she's nearly a decade younger then him but I want to see some more Ben & Allana interacting!

17. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Yeah, but there has no hint at all beside the Sith witch.

18. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    He's already 16 and he has yet to sire an heir to the Skywalker dynasty. Luke should be very worried, the Solo branch's male heirs are all dead, his is the last chance. He should just find some nice powerful Jedi girl, marry them, and get Ben working on producing heirs to become Grand Masters one day. I mean if Ben doesn't get busy we may end up with... a non Skywalker leading the jedi. (shudders)

Honestly all I want is Ben to hang around people who are not 20 years and over all the time.

19. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Man, they should dig up Chalco, he'll set Ben straight.

20. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    I completely agree.
    At first, I would have been okay with them getting together. But after Vestara, I don't think I'd be able to read anything between the two of them without feeling like the authors were forced into it. I think Ben needs some time alone. Especially, as it was noted already, since he's a teen. He's also had a crazy life. I don't think Seha would be right for him.

kataja likes this.
  21. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Actually, I never relly liked both of them.
    Why does every Jedi in the New Jedi Order have to marry?
    They could just leave him alone and let him be a proper Jedi.

22. jedimaster203

jedimaster203 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 19, 1999
    Not if we want Legacy to remain canon.

To clarify, Ben has to have offspring. I guess marriage isn't necessary.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  23. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I completely forgot about Legacy...
    You are right. Ben has got to have offsprings if we consider Legacy as a part of the canon.
    Good point...

24. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Well, in theory he doesn't have to get married to have kids...

Vestara could just turn up one day, hand back the baby, then leave and never be seen again. :p

25. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    Unless Luke had a love child with one of the many flings he had... Which I'd prefer over automatically making Ben sprog.

And for those who say that having Ben pair up with a Jedi would be boring, isn't that what Vestara is? Even if not a Jedi per se, she is a force-user, and that is just about the same as a Jedi.