main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

best implied but not seen scene

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by beezel26, Jun 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    I would say the scenes between Luke and Vader. When luke speaks of his former self Vader walks away but you dont see emotion on his mask. Its indirectly implied thru the music and his tone of voice.

And the end when Luke begs for his life. He looks back and forth and the only thing you see is the lightning glow on his helmet and mask. Its almost as if he stares at what is happening and you know what he is thinking. He is torn between serving his master and saving the son he never had but always wanted. At which time he chooses his son. The only implied feeling of pain is the lightning on his body but you dont see his face. Its all implied yet we give Darth Vader all the facial expressions that Luke or anyone would have given.

The youngling scene in ROTS was chilling but only implied with the lightsaber. The cockney youths line does make it tragic though.

Any scenes implied but not seen do it for you.

2. Nytemare

Nytemare Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    I think the whole opera scene and the subtleties of it was great.

Did Palpatine create Anakin? Was Plagueis his mentor? Did he really teach him everything? I think the way the scene was acted gave me a yes answer to all those questions. The way he looked at Anakin when he said "create life" and the way he smiled when he said "isn't it ironic" led me to believe the character was telling a veiled truth. It seemed when he lied, it was bold and flat out, not disguised as it was in this scene.

I thought it would have been a little hokey to have Palpatine just come out like in ESB and say he was his "father", so the way it was played to the mystery of the character well.

[face_mischief]

3. jeajon126

jeajon126 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2004
    i would say the scene in esb when han is tortured to lure luke to bespin. you can almost feel his pain, and it really hits you when he says, "they didn't even ask any questions"

4. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Anakin talking about killing the Tuskens. *shudders*

5. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Leia's tourture scene in ANH.

Vader walks in, the tourture droid floats in...The doors goes clunk, and there is some cool music as a guard walks down the hall.

Plus, it would seem that Leia put up a valiant struggle.

Vader: "Her resistance to the mind probe is considerable. It will be some time before we can extract any information from her."

6. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    I agree with you on this, and I think the Leia torture scene is heavily implied, yet effective.

7. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    Well there are several but like Boba the Tusken slaughter stands out as one of the better ones.

8. OmnipotentSeal

OmnipotentSeal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2005
    I third the Han and Leia tortures respectively. The look of partial fear, partial curiousity on Leia's face is really great, and just seeing Han being lowered down on the interrogation table makes me cringe. You just KNOW that it hot and electrical. Its like an electrician's worst nightmare.

Another really funny implied scene in ANH is when Han and Luke lure the stormtroopers up the Falcon's ramp, only to mug them for their uniforms. Its really great, since it works right into Leia's "Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?" comment.

9. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I always wanted to see Yoda go to Kamino to see the clone army for himself. There could have been a great mobilization sequence where we see lots of clones quickly suiting up and arming themselves and their vehicles, and then the whole fleet jumps to hyperspace in a parallel of the rebel fleet jumping to hyperspace in ROTJ. Yoda could even parallel Admiral Ackbar with lines like "All craft, prepare to make the jump into hyperspace on my mark," or something like that.

10. princethomas

princethomas Jedi Master star 2

Nov 19, 2001
    There is a scene that exists to me that is not seen. Its not really implied at all, but in my mind it must have happened. There is a scene right after the burning of Vader's suit. Some kind of unfilmable dreamlike scene where Ewan McGregor as Obi-wan's ghost goes and gets Anakin from the "nether regions of the force" It could happen anywhere, but to me it happens on Mustafar. I can see Vader standing on the bank of the lava flow in full Vader suit. And Obi-Wan appears and brings Anakin out of the Suit. The Vader suit falls to the ground and sinks into the lava with the mask being the last thing you see. Obi Wan hugs Anakin (which he should have done all along) and brings him up the hill, where they then appear to Luke.

I recognize that this is ridiculously over-the-top. But it happens in my mind. I LOVE the prequels! They made everything so much more significant

11. cbrowns4812

cbrowns4812 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 27, 2005
    At one the time these scenes were unseen. They're implied during Obi-Wan's talk with Luke at his hut. The mater-of-fact mention of the Clone Wars (yeah, the pural "wars") and Obi-Wan's haunted look when speaking of Vader's turn and the death of the Jedi Order. The prequels never matched the mythic power of those subtle allusions.

12. DarthNigel

DarthNigel Jedi Master star 3

Jul 14, 2003
    It would have been nice to see Luke returning to Obi-Wan's hut on Tatooine, building his new lightsaber, hiding it on R2, and sending R2 and 3PO out to Jabba's palace. Perhaps then convening with Obi-Wan's spirit, etc.

"The last charge of Wyatt Earp and his immortals..."

13. Delta_62

Delta_62 Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 20, 2005
    The dinner on Bespin with Vader.

14. crouchingjedi1

crouchingjedi1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    I agree with the poster regarding the clone wars pre-prequels. While I love the prequels, those lines by Guiness were of epic mythical proportions and in some respects best left to the imagination--especially the way he delivered the lines.

Several others come to mind, all from ESB for some reason:

"you should have seen her in the south passage way. She expressed her true feelings for me."

"No dissentigrations"

"The bounty hunter we ran into on Ord Mantell changed my mind"

and of course

"That cave. . . a domain of evil it is"

15. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    i feel that the implied battle scenes on kashyyyk would've been incredible. we really never got a glimpse at the true nature of the battle. just a few choice shots of explosions and wookies, troops, and robots all shooting at one another. a scene that was implied through the merchandise would've been yoda riding on a giant bug. this was allegedly supposed to happen on the battle of kashyyyk. i think it would've been pretty flash to see yoda and some wookies all flying together on bugs to go stomp some seperatist command center or something. but then again, i suppose that's what the toy is for in the first place.

16. Taivasvaeltaja

Taivasvaeltaja Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2003
    Sidious killing Plagueis. McDiarmid told the story wonderfully, and Williams' music was like some sort of mourning fanfare for the murdered Sith Lord.

Plagueis influencing the midi-chlorians to create life would be interesting but I don't think that ever happened; Palps only believed so.

17. DARTH-SODA

DARTH-SODA Jedi Master star 2

Jun 29, 2005
    The Scene with anakin actually killing the Younglings

18. Sanjiro

Sanjiro Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2001
    "you should have seen her in the south passage way. She expressed her true feelings for me."

um. i think we see that scene. he's referring to the first han/leia scene. the one that takes place in the south passage.

19. syferdiasisalie

syferdiasisalie Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2004
    I agree. That must have been SO awkward.

20. dv909

dv909 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    The dinner on Bespin.

What did Vader have for dinner? Was he tube fed? Or did he sit there envying Han's steak or Chewie's veggies? He must've been really pissed when it was time for coffee.

21. OmnipotentSeal

OmnipotentSeal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2005
    ROFL...

Vader: (makes electric drooling sound, everybody at the table looks up. Vadar turns to Chewie, who is busily enjoying his mixed veggies and steak.) Are you going to eat that broccoli?
    Chewie: (roars!)
    Vader: Okay, if you say so... (makes breathing sound)

22. TheCat

TheCat Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    At the dinner table:

Boba Fett: Mmmmm....chewie

Chewie: rrraaagghhhrr

Boba Fett: No...no...I mean this steak, its chewie

Vader: Eat your greens, Calrissian

Calrissian: You said I could eat fries

Vader: I am altering the menu, prey I don't alter it any further

Han: Don't get all mushy on me, peas

Leia does a line of charlie

Vader's catherter goes off

Han: What an incredible smell you've discovered

Yep.....must have been fun

23. jedimaster11

jedimaster11 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 23, 2002
    For me, it has to be Anakin slaughtering the Tuskens. Shmi dying in his arms, the soundtrack as his eyes swell with hate, the Raiders rushing him only to be cut down...then his confession to Padme about what he did as the dark music plays in the background..Out of the entire saga, this is GL's most powerful use of score to enhance what we're seeing on screen. I get the chills every time I watch AOTC during this part, no matter how many times I've seen it. I would have liked to see him actually do the damage in the Raider's village, but the scenes surrounding it are just as powerful without seeing the act.

Anakin's first task as Vader at the Jedi Temple is a close second. The sight of him marching up the steps with all the clones behind him..you really don't need to see them cut too many people down to know what's happening.

I do think Order 66 should have shown more Jedi being cut down so there'd be no posts on this site debating who survived.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.