main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey Best of....Jersey

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by LifeSabre, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LifeSabre

LifeSabre Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    New Jersey is known for many things, mostly good....What do you like most about Jersey?

For me its the fact that if you walk or drive 5 min in any direction you find a pizza place.....

2. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    convienence: NYC, Philly, or the shore within 2 hours of each other. Atantic City, ALL NIGHT DINERS, some of the best restaurants around, local to all sporting events and venues.
    I love the history that took place here in shaping the country.

I love it here.

~DG~

3. LifeSabre

Mar 7, 2003
    I agree the fact that you have access to pretty much everything you would want to have access to is def. a big plus

You wanna throw some dice you go to AC

You wanna hang at the beach, take the drive

Plus NYC, is basically a 40 min drive away...its awesome

Plus New Jersey people are the finest brew on EART

4. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    The Famous Five Points Diner on Rt47 in Wash Twp is officially having its "Diner License" revoked. It is no longer open 24 hours. I heard rumors of it being closed and the last time me and my friends stopped by, sure enough, it was.

5. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    I have an appreciation for New Jersey like none other. Live in Colorado for awhile and you get the fricken shakes.

White Castle. 'Nuff said.

6. usher-lover

usher-lover Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2005
    Being close to Philly and NYC is cool. I can't go five miles without seeing a Wawa. I like how we say "water" weird, but that may just be a South Jersey thing. And I like the fact that the closest shopping establishment to me is Cow Town, a giant flee market and rodio.

7. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002
    I actually have to say the best thing about being in NJ is being so close to NYC. I am literally 5 minutes away from Staten Island. But when I go home from here, if leave here too late and end up on 287 around 5pm, I get caught in traffic galore. Disadvantage to living so close to the Outerbridge. [face_plain]

8. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Direct quote from Jim norton's first cd. (he was born and raised in N. Brunswick.)

"You don't realize the 24hr. convience we have at 2 in the morning you can get truck tires a prostitute and a bag or heroine all from the same puerto rican"

9. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Oooh. We must be neighbors. I too am that close to S.I.

The best of NJ is now we have car insurance companies now willing to give us policies. [face_dancing] I had lost mine twice when companies moved out.

And we are probably the state with the most malls. I can access five large malls by driving 20 minutes in any directions.

10. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I say one of the best things about Jersey is all my friends in the NJO. :)

Oh yeah and when I go to Jersey they bring me to White Castle which is does not exist in Massachusetts..execpt the freezer section at the supermarket.

"He didn't mug you..he didn't rob you..he heisted you..and heisting is Jersey son."

"If you aint heisting you aint Jersey"

Beanie

11. latetowork

latetowork Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2006
    The Sopranos! ;)

12. TI-0694

TI-0694 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2004
    Boy am I the only one who thinks this state sucks? Everything's too damn expensive and there's too many idiots living here. I hate Jersey.

That being said, I'll probably never leave having lived here so long.

13. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I like that newegg.com has a warehouse in New Jersey, so that even UPS 3-day ground gets here overnight. I ordered a stick of memory from them yesterday afternoon and it arrived here this morning. I'm going to have to order from them more often. :D

14. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Same as Gary pretty much...diners, convenience, spending the summers at the shore growing up, the loyalty Jerseyans have for each other (it's true, look for it sometime) and of course...

the GIANTS!!!

15. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    The best thing about Jersey for me is being close to NYC to go to for plays and stuff and...the New Jersey....

DEVILS!!!! :)

16. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    The only good thing about the Devils to me is Jamie Langenbrunner. And that's all you'll get outta me on that topic.

17. SithLord-Will

SithLord-Will Jedi Master star 3

Mar 2, 2002
    I've always liked the fact that we, as Jerseyites, get all the advantages of New York and Philidelphia, due to how close we are, and similar in some of our major cities, and yet we don't have to associiate outselves with New Yorkers and Philideplians :p

Also, I think it's pretty cool that we TECHINICALLY should own the Statue of Liberty. (IT'S IN THE JERSEY HARBOR DAMN IT!)

18. LifeSabre

Mar 7, 2003
    Yeah i dont think i could ever leave jersey, unless i retired in Florida with the rest of my brethren...buts thats not for another hundred years or so

19. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002
    Another great NJ thing:

The shore! I was at Seaside the other day, and won a $90 Yankees offical warmup jacket! I only tried once, and won!

20. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Ooh nice Angela!!

21. Cailina

Cailina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 1999
    The excellent pizza that can be found everywhere is definitely one of the best parts of New Jersey.

I'm in Atlanta, GA now for college and all the pizza around here is awful :-(

I miss Jersey...although I'll be back for a little while to visit family and such.

22. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    ok, I have to chime in here sorry ;)

best of Jersey for me when I lived there was always as Marie stated - WHITE CASTLE!!!!
    and of course Bon Jovi, springsteen, seaside heights and the jersey boys accent [face_love]

23. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    you actually went to sleazeside? wow your braver than I thought.

24. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    LOL we used to hang out all over when I lived there. I lived in Jersey city and Hoboken for a while.... yeh, I dont know if brave is the word for it or just didnt know better at the time ;)

Either way Jersey Rocks! :cool:

25. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Aw come on RJ...Sleazeside Heights is the fashizzle! Where else can you laugh as women try to maneuver the slats in the boardwalk in stiletto heals while wearing every piece of jewelry they own? And a bikini LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.