main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best Star Wars Video Game Score

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Jerran Tankarri, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Jerran Tankarri

Jerran Tankarri Jedi Padawan

Jan 9, 2013
    We have all the great music from the movies, but for some music from the games are just as nostalgic and awesome. What are your favorite SW game themes and music?
    I absolutely love the KOTOR theme :

This beauty from the train level in Shadows of the Empire :
    And the theme:

There are many amazing songs I am missing of course, so hop on the nostalgia train! Post your favorites!

2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    There aren't many Star Wars games with original scores. But my favourite is probably the one from the first KotOR.

3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Republic Commando. The TOR score isn't too bad, either.

4. Yunners

Yunners Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2006
    The Old Republic's score is outstanding. It's renditions of already existing themes were pretty moving. For example:

5. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Republic Commando.

6. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I'd cast in my vote for Commando too. Sounded like Star Wars with it's own raw distinct theme. KOTOR would be my second choice.

DarthBoba likes this.
  7. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Yeah, the flow between bits of music from the films in RC and it's own distinct sound is really quite good. They use the Trade Federation theme alot in that game, and there's never too much of that to be had :p

DeviantSpirit likes this.
  8. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    DarthBoba That is so true. Absolutely love the Trade Federation theme-it's up there with the Imperial March for me.

DarthBoba likes this.
  9. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Yep. It's easily the most versatile theme (besides maybe the Force theme and Imp March) in the films; just gets used for so much, and it's weirdly appropriate for virtually all of those times.

10. El_Machete12

El_Machete12 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
  11. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    Swtor! the music echoes in my ear for days...when I'm not logged in blasting imps to bits :D

12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    What is this? Wut wut wut? This thread has been up over an entire week and nobody has mentioned........

Force Commander had the grooves, baby.

lbr789 likes this.
  13. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    For me, Knights of the Old Republic I and II are by far the best. They're not the most Star Wars-y scores. In fact, KOTOR II contains only a five-second fragment of the Force theme borrowed from Attack of the Clones. I just love these scores as pure music. They have a strong internal consistency and an emotional arc. And that's why The Old Republic ranks lower for me; even though it features hours of excellent music, it doesn't have a beginning' middle and end. That's unfortunately the nature of the game.

darthbarracuda and DarthBoba like this.
  14. 16AndPregnant

16AndPregnant Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
  15. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012

'nuff said

benknobi1 likes this.
  16. Episode Swag

Episode Swag Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    While it's not spectacular, I do have a fair amount of nostalgia for this one:

darklordoftech likes this.
  17. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm quite fond of KotOR I & II's
    especially

and

18. Iefan

Iefan Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 31, 2013
    Alderaan's theme in TOR was one of the best non-movie Star Wars pieces I've ever heard.

19. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Kotor II. For some reason, I just didn't like much music from Kotor I, but the Star Forge battle theme and Bastilla's theme were definitely beautiful, but Mark Griskey really knew what he was doing with Kotor II.

Each of the planets' themes were so fitting, like Dantooine. To me, its theme sounds like wounded, but recovering. Nar Shaddaa, exactly as described, a cess-pool of scum and villainy, but it has a heart somewhere deep inside. And don't even get me started on the rebuilt enclave theme... pure beauty. Other things like Nihilus's theme, the main theme of the game, simply so moving and meaningful.

Griskey could replace John Williams.

20. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I love this one

benknobi1 likes this.
  21. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Well said. Another thing I love about KOTOR2 is the omnipresent theme for the Jedi Exile, or rather three or four "micro-themes." You get all of them in the main title track ("The Sith Lords," I think it's called in game). The themes show up in every single piece of area music, as well as a few others. Whereas John Williams wrote sweeping, long form melodies, Griskey wrote something deliberately against the grain. His themes for KOTOR2 are minimal and fragmentary. As much as I like the Force Unleashed scores and The Old Republic, I don't find the scores as thoughtful and conservative as KOTOR2.

Seagoat likes this.
  22. TheYankee

TheYankee Jedi Master star 1

Sep 23, 2006
    Star Wars: Rebellion. Now that was a game.

StrikerKOJ likes this.
  23. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    KOTOR, Shadows, and TFU have excellent music. I really dig the TFU theme.

Republic Command is excellent as well. I like it when original scores are made worthy of the Star Wars name instead of always recycling the movie themes.

24. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    TIE Fighter. Music that makes the Empire sound like they aren't that bad. Even in midi form it gives me chills.

Underrated music in the Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike games for Gamecube as well.

StrikerKOJ likes this.
  25. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Still gives me chills to this day.

Barriss_Coffee and benknobi1 like this.