main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Blah blah blah

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by blackmamba820, May 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackmamba820

blackmamba820 Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2005
    Whats up RI fnas Im a fan and SW and a documentary filmmaker of e3 yeah I making one bout the fans so hopefully next fanfilms you'll see me. Anywho I just want to say about the peeps who come here, the peeps who run this site, and the peeps on the magazine publications. Look can't you just be happy.

We're all SW fan and I ain't bashing nobody but let the comparing and the hating go. If you dont like the prequel films fine and dandy but they aint gonna go away. They're here they're part of the saga, part of the story. Lucas made em I love em and we all have our opinions but no phantom editor or anything is gonna make these films better than what they are unless Lucas does it himself. So in that right I give props to Lucas where I was once confused and calling it blasphemy whe he changed the OT for the dvd releaes. let the man do it. I would to to my films if I wanted to. And lets hope he does it to the PT too.

Its just i dont see how fans or filmgoers in general can bash the PT they've taken steps in film that revolutionized, the industry. They have paved the way for films that we're released after EI. They've done good, I hope everyone sees that even if they don't like them.

One big rant I have and I'll probably get booed for this (LOL) but is that everyone form the fans, to general film goers, to the creators of this bad a** website ('xcuse the language, but this site rocks!) is that EV "Empire" is the best out of the holy saga. Errr.... No. Its fun to watch I love it as with all of them. But the poorest of the saga it is. Again I aint bashing no one, this isnt menat to hurt anyone I just dont think, EV holds that much in the filmmaking process. It was long, played out, I'll admit the hoth scene bad a**, the yoda training scenes, bad a**, and the luke vs vader, BAD A**! But take those away and you got the blah film in the trilogy. LOL , really just my opinion and I'll probably get slammed, peeps telling me Im attacking them and what not.

If I was Id be a real geek and go to everypost and crack on everyone by name and subject. But Im not like that. I dont care to start arguments, and I know some pees will be like shut up whatever. Saying whatever to me and that;s fine, entertainment. I aint attacking at all IM sharing my opinion with the boards and the creators of the force.net.

I appreciate all you guys for being fans and making this a lively and fun experience the past 28 yrs.

But I leave you with this go see revenge of the sith, like it love it, hate it whatever. But here comes the cold water just remember hate the prequel trilogy or not, this is the last one. all we got left are rehashes (ie 3-d etc.) So enjoy put em together, Stop saying he ruined a trilogy, there nothing like the older ones and so on. He didn't he completed it, you cnat' compare the two trilogies they're different. And thats they way they were made can't do a thing about it. Ony one person can and we thank him for the past 28 yrs. Peace!

2. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Well, that's quite a first post.

"we all have our opinions but no phantom editor or anything is gonna make these films better"
    That's purely a matter of opinion. I've seen Edits of Ep1 & 2 and IMO they come off with a more cohesive story.

I've never heard anyone bash the prequels for their poor technology. If anything, people say the technology made the story take a back seat. Lucas himself has said Ep1 & 2 were mainly character driven and had maybe 40% story, whereas Ep3 will have about 75% story.

"But take those away and you got the blah film in the trilogy."
    Just like if you took out the opening, the cantina and blowing up the Death Star from ANH, yeah it'd be pretty blah too.

I'd consider where/what/how you're posting a little more carefully next time. You're not far off from trolling, but that's not my call to make.

3. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    I smell a rat are you sure lucas didn't pay you off?

you have some interesting opinions. My personal opinion is the ONLY thing *edit* Lucas ever did wrong was not give the fans a choice between the REAL thing and the special special edition. Senses everyone getting worried what he's gonna say next.

You see Mr. lucas sometimes forgets SW fams MAKE SW GREATER than EVERY other movie. That's just my 2 cents.

L.I.C. in 05'
    Get the SLUGGER!!!!

4. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Thank you for your input. I'm really curious as to where you see the prequel and OT hating on this board. If you could point it out, I would apprieciate it. Most if all of my members are strong supporters of OT and the prequels. That doesn't mean that they have to like all the changes made or the entire story in PT.

Not all people are going to like all aspects of a story and people are going to react adversely to changes in a story, once the story has been established. Stuff that makes sence is changed and people have to process that and sometimes, it doesn't jive. Even so, so what. I disagree that he (Lucas) ruined the OT with his changes, though I am not happy with all the changes, but I don't say that those who do feel it was ruined are wrong. Who am I to say that. I have to authority over their reaction to the changes.

I dislike drama on my board, so I must add this: Normally I would have this thread locked due to it being borderline flaming and baiting. However, I believe my members can discuss this maturely and I invite you to do the same if my members choose to engage you in debate. I will, however, have this thread locked and deleted should I feel it is getting out of hand. This is the warning to play nice and behave.

I encourage everyone who wishes to discuss this to do so, just keep it clean and respectful. Thank you.

DarthMoby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.