main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bloodwork: Review

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by DARTHPIGFEET, Aug 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHPIGFEET

DARTHPIGFEET Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2001
    I went and saw Clint Eastwood's new movie today called Bloodwork, and I enjoyed the movie all the way up until the end when it got disapointing.

I just don't know anymore, but Clint is doing nothing but recyling the same story for himself over and over again. It's like he has his own personal team which reads novels and scripts which match up to the following criteria:

1. Has to be either a former Cop/FBI/Outlaw/military personel

2. Is divorced or never married, or dead.

3. Has a health problem or drinking problem of some kind, and of course a attitude problem.

4. Is too old at his job but still has the brains to do it.

5. A big wrong has been done to someone he doesn't even FREAKING know and he has to make things right.

6. The movie can work well with only slow jazz music playing in the background.

7. Must have one scene with Clint taking his shirt off and him hugging another woman.

8. Must have the following line in the script. "Now God****** if you would get off your ***"

9. Drives a piece of **** car.

10. Must have a reporter or writer who bugs him in the movie.

If you look back at every single Eastwood movie over the past 12 years or even further back then you will see that all 10 match the criteria.

Anyway back to Blood Work which is better than True Crime and Absolute Power if you ask me but falls flat at the end of the movie for some reason for me. Eastwood who is one of my favorite Cult iconic figures directed this movie as well and it was well done for the most part. It had it's moments of greatness, but as the movie goes along the audience especially myself knew what was going to happen next. That was something which you couldn't do 30 or 40 minutes into the movie even though the beginning establishes everything right down the middle for you.

I will give this movie a 6 out of 10 but lost 4pts for the ending alone and I would only suggest this movie to those who like Eastwood films and can handle him playing the same role over and over again and still somewhat enjoy it. I think Eastwood is the only actor in the history of Hollywood to ever Typecast himself. The hard nosed/ knows his job better than anyone else yet they think he sucks/only needs a handgun or a few shotgun shots to win. Anyway it's a typical average suspense movie which doesn't pay off in the end for me.

2. DARTHPIGFEET

Jan 24, 2001
    I guess there are no Clint fans on the JC. What a shame.

3. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    Do you feel lucky, punk?....

Well, punk....do ya?

4. neimoidian_85

neimoidian_85 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    "I just don't know anymore, but Clint is doing nothing but recyling the same story for himself over and over again"

PIGFEET: Bloodwork is a novel by Michael Connelly. It wasn't Clint's story, or whatever.

5. DARTHPIGFEET

Jan 24, 2001
    Well did you read the book??? I'm sure some thing were changed in order to make the movie more Clint like.

If you go and see Bloodwork you will see what I mean with the formula. It's not a bad formula but it gets redundant after a while.

Oh and did you read my post. I said he must have a team which searches scripts and books to find one that would fit him best.

6. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Hmmm how does Space Cowboys and Unforgiven match all the criteria??? ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.