main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Brewing (JA) ~Finished 10/03~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Ginger_Jedi, Oct 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    One Apprentice, One Pathway: Brewing

Spoilers: Some to the earlier JA books. None for my other fics.

Summary: Qui-Gon is so wrapped up in the past, he fails to notice the pain he is causing his current Padawan, Obi-Wan.

Archive: You want it just send me a lil e-mail. Faith, it?s yours if you want it :)

Characters are, of course, property of George Lucas ('cept Kyrana and Lena for which I take FULL credit for :p MINE MINE MINE!!!!) I'm making zilch £/$ out of this :(

Dedicated, forever, to Dara, Tessa, Jess and Laura: my close friends. And, of course, the wonderful people who read and feedback! :)

Hmmm, this goes out to everyone who owns a David Hasselhoff (sp?) single? LOL!!! (don?t ask me why, I?m in one of those moods?)

*Brewing: Part One*

Obi-Wan sat in his class, his chin resting in his palm as he gazed out of a rain-splattered window. He was lost in thought. Although he wouldn?t admit it to anyone, he was depressed. He felt down because his Master had been so down for the past few days. In fact, it had been building up over the past couple of weeks. Qui-Gon had been growing increasingly quiet and hadn?t engaged his young apprentice in any kind of conversation. Sparring sessions that Obi-Wan usually loved had become dull and lifeless. Well, except when Qui-Gon pointed out each and every single one of Obi-Wan?s faults, no matter how insignificant it may be. Qui-Gon became quite passionate then which deeply hurt Obi-Wan. It was as if Qui-Gon loved pointing out every single one of Obi-Wan?s faults over and over. Obi-Wan had been as patient as he could with everything but he was starting to feel increasingly unsure around Qui-Gon. Why was he acting like this? Was something wrong? Had Obi-Wan done something wrong?

Obi-Wan sighed heavily and rubbed at his eyes that were unusually damp. Someone tapped on his shoulder and someone nervously cleared her throat. Obi-Wan turned and came face to face with a small, red haired girl who was standing next to him.

?Ummm, I don?t have a lab partner and I noticed you don?t either so would you mind working with me??

Obi-Wan knew he was alone and he had wanted to stay that way as he wasn?t in a very sociable mood but he nodded to the girl anyway and she smiled shyly and sat next to him.

?I?m Kyrana,? the girl said.

?Obi-Wan,? he replied.

The pair sat together and more or less worked in silence on their science work, only speaking when they had to figure out what thing went where or to take down measurements.

Kyrana looked at Obi-Wan. She was adept at reading the emotions of people around her and she knew that this boy standing next to her was deeply upset about something. Working up her courage, she asked a question she knew was quite personal: ?Obi-Wan is something wrong??

He visibly flinched and turned to Kyrana, an unreadable expression on his face. ?No, I?m fine,? he said tersely. ?Why do you ask??

?Oh?I?um?it?s just you seem?sad,? she stuttered nervously. ?And?I?well I thought maybe??

?Maybe I?d want to talk about it?? he snapped. ?No I don?t alright? So let?s just get this stupid experiment done OK so we can both leave.?

Kyrana just nodded, completely stunned. Her cheeks flamed and she blinked rapidly to hold back her tears. She shouldn?t have butted her nose in like that. Now she?d made a fool of herself and he probably hated her for it.

?Sorry,? she whispered but if Obi-Wan heard, he chose to ignore her.

The weather was miserable today, Qui-Gon noted as he opened his blinds and gazed out of the window.

/Matches your mood just perfectly don?t you think?/ a nagging voice asked in the back of his mind.

Qui-Gon sighed and leaned his head on the window. This was not a good day for him. /How many years has it been? Ten? And you are *still* wallowing in self pity?/

Qui-Gon banged his head against the plexi-glass once as if such a move would quieten the little voice in his head.

?Why?? he asked the emptiness around him. ?Why did he hurt me so??

2. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Wow, GJ, this is great! I look forward to more!

3. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    ?I said no. I?m sorry Master but I will not be placed in my room at your convenience.? - Ohhhhh...

?No!? Obi-Wan backed away. ?Stay away from me! I KNEW you hated me!? :( :_|

GREAT JOB GINGER!!!!!!! :D

More, please? :D :) :D

4. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Whoa!
    I would ahve never expected such and outbreak form either of the boys. Great job Ginger_Jedi, I will be following this story for sure!

5. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    The emotions are runnning high, lots of potential for angst. :D Looking forward to the next post.

6. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    [face_shocked]

"I KNEW you hated me!!"

Wow.... [face_shocked]

You're gonna post soon right Ginger? Right?

7. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    OHHHHH that was so good! you have to post more soon please.

8. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    oooooo, I like

9. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    JediCandy stares in wide-eyed awe at Ginger. "Wow," she breathes, "I need more of that angst, please!"

10. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I have reread this story three times.I hope you post very soon.I love this story line!!!!!!PEACE Ewen

11. Artemis_Silverbow

Artemis_Silverbow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2001
    Usually I don't much care for storylines that focus on Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon's rocky early relationship. This one, however, has me very interested. Keep up the good work, Ginger! :D

12. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    oooohhh! [face_shocked]

Defiance. Outbursts. Raging emotions.

This is quite interesting. Can't wait to see what's going on.

Post more please!

13. starlight_kenobi

starlight_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    Wow! This looks great can't wait for more! :)

14. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    *eyes wide* Now where have I read this?

Whoa Ginger.

I didn't read your stories Hidden and Twisted yet, but I just may read them after this one...

15. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    <stares wided-eyed at screen>
    whoa. :eek:

I always love the angish/mush stories. And your's are really good. I saw you were writing a new one and jumped on it. Didn't even care what it was about. (well Obi and Qui of course) I think I've said this before, but you're a really good writer. Can't wait for more.

~Swede :p

16. Obi_Wanna_Cracker

Obi_Wanna_Cracker Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2001
    Poor Obi. Unloved, Depressed...MORE..:D

17. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    WOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

18. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    :eek: Oh my gosh everyone!!! THANK YOU!!!! :D You gys are just the GREATEST!!!

*hugs to all*

[face_blush]

19. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Excellant Ginger Jedi! Absolutely awesome!

Can't wait to see more!

Kithera

20. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    Ginger! :)

You stopped in and no post? :( How about if I beg? PLEASE post......Pretty please with Obi on top?

21. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I see you have another story,please post on this one next.PEACE Ewen

22. Artemis_Silverbow

Artemis_Silverbow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2001
    This is reader-torture Ginger! :( 8-}Please, post more! :DAnd thanks for the hug :)

23. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Whoa....... things seem a tense between Obi and Qui ;)

Great beginning..... I can't wait for more!

24. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Great Story.... Please don't make us wait too long for the next post!!

25. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.