main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Bubonicon Discussion

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by BrotherHalo, Jan 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Planning for Bubonicons should go here...

2. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Speaking of Bubonicon, varza, you've told organizers we want two tables, right? One for us and one for the Mountain Garrison and Rebel Legion, right? What are plans for procuring funds for the tables?

3. debeautimous

debeautimous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    Forgive my ignorance. What is this??

4. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Bubonicon

The Bubonicon is New Mexico's small Science Fiction Convention. Colorado's 501st Legion wants to "invade" it this year.

It will be held at the Wyndham Airport Hotel this year...which is a step up from Howard Johnson

5. debeautimous

debeautimous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    Thanks good link.

6. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    i haven't done anything about it yet since no offical word. I am working with Gecko on it. I am not sure what the 501st and rebel legion want to do. I still need to speak with the Rebel Legion and find out if they want to come. the plan is to have 2 tables together and just have it as one large table together. splitting the cost between the 3 groups.

it will be 35 for a table by ourselves. 22 for a 2 table split-total for 2 tables is 65 bucks. if we can raise 22 dollars by then we should be good. i have no problem putting money forward but i would need to be paid back.

i will find out more and post later on... i am still working-:p

7. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    is this con the same weekend as dragon con?

8. Lorithavon

Lorithavon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2003
    http://dragoncon.com/

September 3rd-6th, 2004

-lor

9. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    I doubt I would go to dragoncon, I like Albuquerque,I should have a costume or 2 done by then, and I have made the drive there B4 ( its not to far from the dojo where i did my natinal karate tourny). Mind if i join in on the fun?

10. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    COME ON DOWN!!!

But you will have to bring 1 Lg Pizza from Dew Drop Inn and 1 Pizza from Sam & Rays and a Pass Key Sandwich.....oh...and some Green Chile from Rita's! :D

-Jess

11. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    the more the merrier i say! I think Lor said he was going to talk to his commander in the rebel legion about coming down. But she may already know about it. I think she is a member of the fan force in Denver and so are several 501sters...

12. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    GF: How could you forget a paganos super, and tony and joes pizza and any food from the mill stop. [face_shocked]

13. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Hey, this Bubonicon sounds like fun. All this talking about food is making me hungry. Being from California and since Carl's Jr's has invaded Albq, I like those "Double Western Bacon Cheeseburgers."

14. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    okay i made an oopsey on the math for the tables. I was thinking it was a little too low, and i am sorry for it.

1 table + 1 membership = $45
    1 table + 2 memberships = $65
    1 table + 6 memberships = $145
    or
    2 tables + 2 memberships = $90, etc.
    In other words the cost of the table includes one membership so there is somebody to man the table.
    The dealer's room hours are 3:30- 8:30 PM on Friday, 10 AM -7 PM on Saturday and 10 AM -4 PM on Sunday.

I will get the info off to Gecko for the 501st. along with my apologies. Still not that bad of a price I am thinking-course I have never done this before.

15. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Wook and I want to give a shoutout to varza. She's agreed to be our Event Coordinator/Organizer for Bubonicon. We all know how meticuluous she is about details and we know she'll do a great job at organizing us for the con. So hurrah for her!

This will be one of our main public events this year so let's all work together at making this happen and making it a good experience!

16. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    And yeah! Geck has agreed to be my co-organizer. We will be working on a meeting for those who will be willing to work at the convention at the booth. and orgnazing the marketing and etc for the convention.

of course the first thing is coming up with the money for a table... without that nothing else can happen...

17. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    EDIT nevermind. i thought it was the same weekend [face_blush] . if i can afford it, maybe i will go down with my bro.

18. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    I will TRY and help! it all depends on my schedule and what nots :D

19. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    count me in...

As far as the $$.. guess that depends if we need 1 table or 2...

20. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    Hey, just got the email from Lor about this event. I hadn't known about it, but thanks a bunch for thinking of the Legion! I'll talk to the 501st about their plans for this event. We're trying to be more collaborative about our plans for things like this to appear as more of sister groups than two individual entities.

So here is my question to you. What do y'all need from the Legion? I can request to have a banner for a table (unless no one takes the one I have from me, then I'll still have it), I can contribute funds and spread the word about it. Only problem is that I know a lot of people in the RMFF were planning on trying for Dragon Con this year. But I'm sure I can get some people to opt for a drive rather than a flight.

Leah
    Mountain Base CO

One more thing.... Join the Legion! Join the Fight! The Logo Lor designed makes it more than worth it! ;)

21. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    more will come soon. we will be gathering to discuss how many volunteers will be needed. Anyone who will be covering the tables for ALL 3 days will be paid by the group. And that will be limited.

We will have more lateron.

22. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    hey, i just looked at the Sci-fi clubs at the bubonicon site and i did not see you listed there.I was thinking it would be a good idea to ask them to put you on the site.

23. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Funny you should mention that. I'm actually working on that right now with the Bubonicon webmaster. It should be up soon.

24. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    I can't join the Rebel Legion yet. In FACT I wanted to try and work something out for next April. I turn 18 twenty days after Celebration III....could we work something out with that huh?? Pretty pleases??

25. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    Of course! Heck, I'll even take the picture myself. Though if you want it to be a good picture, I recommend having anyone else do it. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.