main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra John Williams Concert - Nov 26th

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Oct 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    T_StarFlyer if no one else is in your car then maybe it's best to just have you leave from your house and skip the meeting at Tinseltown part. You have Verizon for your cell phone so we can at least keep in contact that way.

~Doc_Bev

2. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Ummmmmmmmm ok:confused: No really i wouldn't have stopped at Tinseltown, knowing you all had already left:p

3. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Given how these things have happened in the past, there was a slight-to-good chance we might've still been there at 4:30pm. I hope not though... I'm hoping to have Connor dropped off well enough in advance and have the car pre-packed so that we won't run that late. *crosses fingers*

~Doc_Bev

4. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    I just heard back from the BPO about the start time for Saturday. They have asked for everyone to be there at 6. Doors open at 7. Show starts at 8. We will do a quick walk through of where we all need to be to make sure everyone knows their part (walk, stop , stand here.)

Is everyone up for hanging out afterwards? I could look for a good place to hang out afterwards and make sure they will be open and able to accomodate us.

5. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Good. 6pm is what we're planning for.

KnightShade and I are good for staying afterwards.

~Doc_Bev

6. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Same here

7. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004

Directions

From Rochester, Syracuse, etc.

Take I- 90 West to the last exit (42.7 miles). Merge onto NY-33/Kensington Expressway via exit 51W toward Buffalo (33 West). Get off at Goodell Street. Go Straight through to Elmwood Avenue. Turn Right onto Elmwood Avenue. Go up three lights to North St. and make a left onto North. Go around the circle and Kleinhans will be right in front of you.

[image=http://tinyurl.com/cjzmu]

8. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    We are going to take the Mini-Van, We won't be meeting up with you at Tinseltown since we have to drop off the Kids in Henrietta. Anyone who wnats to leave from Henrietta with us is welcome to ride along. We will probably just meet you there at 6:00 Lisa hasn't told me weather she plans to Tusken Raider or not. If no how much are the tixx??

Thanks-
    Duane

9. TD-027

Feb 27, 2004
    BTW- We plan on going out afterward since the Kiddies are staying with Grandma overnite. Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!! we can finally hang out afterward :).

10. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    So, Katie, are you wearing the ANH classic white Leia? Am I? Should I bring both Leia's and decide there? :confused: Hopefully, we'll be over these colds/sinus infections enough too.

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Volunteer List:
    (updated 11/26 at 1:35pm)

Definites
    Meeting at Tinseltown at 4pm
    Avalon
    Doc_Bev - Rebel Fleet Trooper
    KnightShade - Chewbacca

TX or Avalon?
    RSWingnut - Sith Photographer
    MadKidJedi - Luke Skywalker? or Indy?

Dad's car
    JediMaster1610 - Darth Maul

Not Meeting At Tinseltown
    Aztec
    T_StarFlyer - Jedi or TIE Pilot
    DarSolo - Princess Leia

TD-027 Van
    TD-2709 - Sandtrooper
    Lisa M. - Female Tusken Raider

Strawbary-mobile
    Strawbary - Jedi Knight
    Strawbary's Son - Royal Guard

Tentative
    HothGirl
    Diane
    TX4277 - Stealth Trooper

Unable
    Ayka

Unknown
    Akayeon
    TC0620
    SWF-JPB
    Bill
    SCAFencer
    BlueRoommate
    Havok
    Adam R.

Any changes to the volunteer list?

So, Wingnut I'm assuming the Thundertank isn't making the trip to Buffalo? If it's not, where should we be putting you three?

TD-027 I'm not sure how tickets would work for Lisa if she doesn't come in costume. Somewhere further up this thread there was the information to order them with a special discount code, but I think you have to do that in advance - not at the door. And, then I'm not sure that she would be seated with the rest of us.

~Doc_Bev

12. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Thundertank is able to be driven it just sounds terrible.
    Its getting fixed hopefully Saturday morning so it SHOULD be still up and running for Cargo duty. I'm just going to need some $$ help filling the tank.

If anything maybe TX can drive if I cant get the Tank to work?

13. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    We have 2 empty seats- but a very small window of time between when I get out of work & when we have to leave for buffalo so if you need a ride, be at my house & ready to roll by 4pm

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    T_StarFlyer I think you'd better just focus on getting yourself and DarSolo to Buffalo since you'll be having (potentially) a later start. There are 2 spots in the Avalon as well and a larger window of opportunity for people to use them.

~Doc_Bev

15. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Dar -

Hope you guys are feeling better soon! I know the sinus thing is not fun.

And as it stands right now I won't be making the trip, so don't worry about me. Thanks though! :)

16. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Here are some updates:

Song List
    The conductor is trying to use characters from the matching movie for each song as well as make sure everyone makes an appearance.

Yoda's Theme - All Jedi will enter stage. One will turn back to the door and motion for someone to follow fromt he door, pause, walk back to the door, and bring out Yoda.

Princess Leia's Theme - self explanatory

Throne Room and End title - Everyone will walk back on stage and stand until the song is over, then take a bow.

The Imperial March (Darth Vader's Theme) - Stormtroopers will secure the stage. Enter Royal Guards with Emperor. Vader appears from back of hall. Stands near conductor.

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace (Duel of the Fates) - Jar Jar is chased by the Emperor on Friday, and Darth Maul on Saturday

The Flag Parade (Opening to ANH) - Friday - Han, Pilot, Obi Wan / Saturday - Han, Pilot, Obi Wan, Luke, Rebel Fleet Trooper, possibly Chewie

Across the Stars from Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones - Bariss

Battle of the Heroes from Star Wars: Episode III-Revenge of the Sith - PADV and Jedi

Parade of the Ewoks - Friday - Pilot appears holding Ewoks Saturday - Chewie appears with Ewoks

The conductor also requested the Indy costume. Could someone pass that on to Dean?

17. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    MadKidJedi has been informed of the conductor's request.

~Doc_Bev

18. TD-027

Feb 27, 2004
    Lisa will be coming in her Tusken Raider gear. After all looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday.......

19. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Friends, Right now I am unsure if I will be able to make it Saturday night. We took my Grandfather in to Hospital yesterday morning. While he is stabilizing and we expect him to be there a few days I am unsure what things will be like on Saturday. I will let folks know tomorrow morning/afternoon what's up.

Thanks - TX

20. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    TX4277 I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. I hope all goes well and he's out of the hospital soon.

~Doc_Bev

21. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    If you need anything TX, give me a call.
    Ya know I'll help out however I can.

22. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Sorry to hear that Mike. I hope he is well soon.

23. jedimaster1610

jedimaster1610 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2005
    Wingnut, My dad actually wants to go to this event so im not going to need a ride, thanks anyways. Ill still meet up with everyone at tinseltown.

24. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Here are some updates and things we learned last night:

Parking
    Parking is free on the side streets, but the BPO lots are $5 per car.

Where to enter
    Use the Stage Door - Stage exit doors. They will take you directly backstage. We are changing in the Livingston Room. I will have someone at teh door to greet everyone and bring you to the room.

No video whatsoever is allowed during the performance. However, we have permission to take non-flash photos.

Feel free to bring fliers with you. Tonight is expected to be a sell out.

25. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Message recieved about Dar's Ewok Village Leia, just a heads up, she's still not feeling well & possibly won't make it, but i'll try to nudge her into it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.