main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[C & P] X-Wing Pilots

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by TK-4752, Jun 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Do you need my Enron (sp?)figures :D

2. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    Feudalism: You have two cows. Your lord takes some of the milk.

Fascism: You have two cows. The government takes both, hires you to take care of them and sells you the milk.

Communism: You have two cows. You must take care of them, but the government takes all the
    milk.

Capitalism: You have two cows. You sell one and buy a bull. Your herd multiplies, and the economy grows. You sell them and retire on the income.

Enron Capitalism: You have two cows. You sell three of them to your publicly listed company, using letters of credit opened by your brother-in-law at the bank, then execute a debt-equity swap with an associated general offer so that you get all four cows back, with a tax exemption for five cows. The milk rights of the six cows are transferred through an intermediary to a Cayman Island company secretly owned by the majority shareholder who sells the rights to all seven cows back to your listed company. The Enron annual report says the company owns eight cows, with an option on one more.

:D

3. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I'm going to start this next. I already talked to Becca about doing the vest. Now I just need to start on the rest of it....

4. ChiefsBlow2004

ChiefsBlow2004 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2004
    Heyyyyy everybody.

Just as fair warning -- we're just about done tracking down our material expenses for this project, and should be sending PMs out for stuff. :)

5. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    ...oooOOO[[[TINY UPDATE]]]OOOooo...

Have been procrastinating getting the material costs and stuff for this out, and I actually had it sitting in a message to Becca...

ANYHOO, here's how the breakdown on costs that we agreed on went...

CHEST BOX
    $ 4.00 styrene (can only fit 1 box per vac) :(
    $ 2.50 webbing
    $ 2.00 buckles
    $ 8.00 hose (that's a nice hose, yo)
    $ 2.00 couplers for attaching to suit
    $ 2.00 paint (all the different colors used on every piece)
    $ 2.00 fasteners/glue to put it all together
    $ 3.00 doodads for the front of the box
    $ 1.00 foam for the inside
    ----------------------------------------------
    $26.5 total material cost

HARNESS/BELT
    $ 6.25 webbing
    $ 2 thread for the various junks
    $ 3 snaps to attach harness to flightsuit
    $ 1 buckle
    ----------------------------------------------
    $12.25 total material cost

That's just the MATERIAL cost. The belts ended up taking about 1 hour 15 minutes to make, and the boxes took about 2 hours 45 minutes to make. Since this wasn't exactly a profit project, I guess we'll write that off. Merry Christmas. :p

Anyhoo, the people who got pilot costumes were...

Sith__Chick
    Darth_Hair
    Zoom_Cthooga (me) :p
    RubberDuckTape
    Sarnia
    COS_Vader
    RavLoc_Vos
    Mistress
    JediKnightBirr

A few people have reimbursed us for materials, but a few haven't. Those people have put a considerable amount of time and money into other projects that Rachel and I haven't been a part of (MHC, WOTR2)...

SO...we'll just call it even.

If you send me money for this, I will SEND IT BACK saying, "Oh, and here's my contribution for [insert name of project]." LOL.

6. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Aside from that, this was a really neat project, and I'd like to extend thanks to...

Sarnia...for being as hopelessly insane as I was in working on this, and for doing half of the vests, and picking up most of the flightsuits.

Sith__Chick...for making the mistake of suggesting this project on a night I was bored and looking for something to do, and doing the little leg doohickies.

Darth_Hair...for that crazy night of vaccing and helping get the boxes started, and doing the little phallic silver doohickies for the leg doohickies.

RavLoc_Vos...for coming over that Friday and helping finish the boxes (I really couldn't have finished them withoutchoo).

Cyra_Secura...for coming over and helping get the vests done.

RubberDuckTape...for working on half of the vests.

JediKnightBirr...for your mad pattern cuttin' skillz.

ZOO...for getting pics of the whole project, getting me a few extra research resources, and helping with the startings of the project -- where are they, again?

Mistress...for helping with the vests, and getting that shiney orange plexiglass...even though it didn't work out (shucks).

COS_Vader...for the shiney arm greeblies.

WHOEVER...who ran out and picked up gloves for everyone that one weekend.

Mountain Dew...for helping enhance my motivation during those crazy 7 days.

There. Did I miss anyone?

7. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
  8. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I was thinking of putting the pix up on the website, as their own page :D I'll let you know how that works out AFter this weekend :D And research is my life, so that's like saying, "ZOO, breathe!" Which, right now might be something I'd need to be reminded of, but I digress... You're welcome and THANK YOU!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.