main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Calgary FanForce meeting... when can YOU attend?????

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Hey all!

Well us Edmontooiners were talking this weekend, and we thought that it might be a fun idea to make a road trip down to Calgary, to see if we can help you guys get on your feet and get a meeting under your belts.

So we need a few things:

- a meeting place

- at LEAST 3 people from Calgary who can GUARANTEE that they will be able to make the meeting, otherwise it wouldn't be an "Official Calgary FanForce Meeting". We also don't want to drive for 6+ hours unless we are going to be meeting some people.

- a set of dates that will work for everybody.

So you guys will have to see if you can nail down a date where you can all meet up, and we will see if we can make a road trip down to meet you.

Post here in the thread if you are interested in something like this, and what dates could work for you.

MTFBWY!

Indy

2. darth-paul-

darth-paul- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2004
    This sounds like a great idea. Any time is good for me. (I have no life).

Maybe the 2nd of October? Its a Saturday. Not too late in the year,(maybe no snow).

And that gives us all time to watch the DVDs at least 3 times.

As for a location, maybe Deerfoot Mall. It is in the North end of town, close for the Edmonton guys. There is a foodcourt and a bowling alley.

We could also maybe meet at my house. No foodcourt or bowling, but I have a BBQ (BYOBeef). I would have to check with my wife. I am the north end.

But I can garantee that I will be wherever.

Paul

3. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Sounds good to me. Any other Cow-towner's available?

4. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Come on! There has to be at least 3 of you... :eek:

5. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    I'm in. I only live a few miutes from Pauls and Deerfoot Mall. I'm game for any day.
    Ryan

6. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    just need one more person :)

7. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    I have been lurking on these boards for years waiting for the Calgary fans to get together. I will be able to attend a fan meeting in Calgary. Just name the date/time/location.

-Dr Haggis

8. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Excellent. Hopefully we have more takers before we finish setting this up. The more the merrier :)

9. darth-paul-

Jan 9, 2004
    So, where are we going to have it?

we could go bowling at the Mall and have a BBQ at my place. Or go bowling and have pizza at the mall. Deerfoot mall, that is.

What do you think?

Paul

10. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I'm up for almost anything. :)

BBQ sounds like a good idea. Assuming you don't mind a bunch of strangers showing up at your place. ;)

11. Aegypticus

Aegypticus Jedi Youngling

Aug 21, 2003
    I'm free evenings and weekends. drop me an email KMBKomhyr at shaw dot ca. I haven't had time to check the boards often, so if someone could keep me updated, that would be good.

12. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Well the weekend of the 2nd isn't good for us around Edmonton, but we will try to come up with a set date shortly... :)

13. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    i can reschedule that event for the following weekend so that the 2nd would work.

14. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    just so we're all on the same page October 2nd is good for everyone in calgary?

15. darth-paul-

Jan 9, 2004
    It is good for me (and my wife).

Paul

16. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    It should be good for me. What time of day. I'll probally be working the morning till about 4:30 or so.

17. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    I would assume we are just coming up for the day so I not sure what time we would head back at, I am going to post a thread about this in our forums to see who's coming what time we'll get to calgary etc.

18. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    we've got four people from edmonton in for sure for the second, we should be in calgary by about noon and we're looking to head back to edmonton at about 9pm, so what are we going to do :)

19. darth-paul-

Jan 9, 2004
    Hello All

I have some bad news. I am going to have to back out of the meeting on the second. I have to leave town for work. I just found out.

Sorry for the inconveince.

Also, October does not look good for me, either.

Paul

20. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Well are there still 3 people who are willing to attend a meet and greet at the mall or something?

I will email Aegypticus to see if he can still make it.

Indy

21. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    does someone want to e-mail Bezo, he doesn't seem to have been on the boards in while?

22. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Yeah, I can do that too, although I don't think that email addy is probably real... ;)

23. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    I'm still free most weekends. If Darth Paul is out, we could convene someplace else. Chinook Mall seemed better for most the last time Calgary tried to get together.

It?s not the same as a BBQ but we could meet at one of the restaurants in the mall. There is a Japanese place and a East Side Mario?s.

I was looking through the Edmonton board and it looks like several of the E-towners are action figure collectors. When you guys come down we should take you all to Chinook and Hobby west. Hands down the best selection of new and vintage SW stuff in Cowtown.

-Dr Haggis

24. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    DrHaggis, does Oct 2 work for you?

25. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Oct 2 is bad for me now. My son has a cub scouts are doing a camp out that I have to goto. Anything after Oct 16th weekend I am free. Sorry Guys. I do want to get this meeting going.

Ryan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.