main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho Camp out to begin on april 30th

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Psxjedi76, Apr 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    Considering the tent holds 9 people, you're most certainly invited. We have plenty of room! And it'd be good to have more. You know the saying, "more the merrier" and all that jazz...
    That makes 4 official campers by Saturday. Me, Eric, Ron, Wendy, who else???

2. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    Time tomorrow????

3. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    I swa this on the IF boards, Midnight? is that correct?

4. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Yes, that's about when Ron gets off of work.

5. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
  6. LeiaPadmeSkywalker

LeiaPadmeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2004
    Where are you guys located?

7. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    You can't miss us....huge 9 man tent set up in front of Edwards. Channel 2 news will be there tonight doing interviews...I'm so excited!!!!
    We setup inbetween 11:30-Midnight

8. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    QG, ...see if you can get a copy of the footage!!!

9. LeiaPadmeSkywalker

Dec 7, 2004
    I flew over Edwards the other day and I didn't see you. I was flying a red plane.

10. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    ok boys and girls I got the Jug for katie donations and would like to get it up i do not know if they will allow us to put it in the theater if not i will put a big sign outside the tent.

and have donations put in the jug.

On the night of the premiere i will be handing out some fliers and hopefully getting people to donate i want to try to strive a goal of 500.00 in donations if we can it is a small goal but is also alot for a small fan force.

so please help by spreading the word.

remember people can donate on line at for katie

11. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    I have been out there two nights now, it is alot of fun. Everyone join us!!!!

12. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    I'm fatigued....but having a blast!

13. Darth-Viper3k

Darth-Viper3k Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    if it's at all possible I'll be hangin out with yall over there
    only for tomorrow though b/c I gotta work Sat.

I'll be back up there to camp out Tues. and Wen. though

I just need a ride :(
    lol

edit:
    I understand yall are havin some lightsaber duels... what yall usin for those?
    I hope it's not those weak plastic extending lightsaber toys... if they are then I'll be bringin by my bamboo shinies

14. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    Maybe they'll use PVC pipe... that's what I usually use...o_O

15. danbinks

danbinks Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2004
    Actuly they are Master Replicas FX Lightsabers. Darth Vader and EpIII Anakin to be excat. Very nice detail and effects.

16. Darth-Viper3k

Apr 17, 2005
    those Master FX sabers sturdy?

I'm used to my shinies that have a lil bit of weight to 'em
    you can swing 'em as fast as you want and hit as hard as you want

so should I bring 'em with me or what?

After I'm done mowing the lawn I'll be headed over

17. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    When will the rain stop????

18. Darth-Viper3k

Apr 17, 2005
    hopefully never... I LOVE rain
    lol

19. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Try camping in it...on concrete. IT SUCKS! I thought I liked it to, until recent. It needs to stop.

20. danbinks

danbinks Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2004
    The Death Star should be aimed at Kamino!!!

21. LeiaPadmeSkywalker

Dec 7, 2004
    Hope everyone is OKAY!

I am sipping on Hot Cocoa and thinking about you guys thinking to myself you guys are so funny.

22. Darth-Viper3k

Apr 17, 2005
    you have a point there Quigon

anyways... tomorrow my bro and I are goin apartment hunting for a lil while... then we're gonna get our tent from storage and come camp out
    also show yall our coregraphed(sp?) sword fight

23. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    What's this I hear about everyone ditching Edwards at the last min. and going to Majestic??? That's a bunch of crap! Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

If this is true, here are my thoughts:
    You've worked too hard to get the relationship at Edwards to not follow your original plan through. AND you're sure to have many potential new members by following through at Edwards 1st (where they expect you to be anyway) and then Majestic!

Don't forget what happen with AOTC and don't let it happen again! (I was rather disappointed 3 years ago. I saw a couple of tents pitched on the west side of Edwards in Boise. I was amazed at how dedicated people were. So I went down to Hastings and bought 2 Attack of the Clones novels to bring down there to give to these die hard fans camping out....Yes, you guessed it, there were just tents sitting there with nobody inside of them. I tried for another two days to give them to these so called FANS.....time and time again, nobody was ever there. So I was a little bit upset that these people pitching the tents were nothing more than sellouts. Not really camping out, just pitching tents and leaving....That really sucks!)

If I'm wrong - what's your take. I'll only stay objective for so long...

Don't disappoint each other, the club, or the fans - it will only bring division. Stay true to your word, Jedi.

(steps off of soapbox)

Marc

24. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    I appriciate what you say Malcolm, However....

This new theater has made incredible strides to reach out to us Star Wars fans.

I think it is important to keep both the Edwards and Majestic people happy.

The thought to purchease tickets there should have reequired more thought on our part, a mistake I openly have admitted too.

As for the AOTC thing, I spent 35 DAYS camped out for that movie, I have nothing to regret from that experience.(whoever the orginial person who posted that was)Did he/she even camp? Hard to say sell out when you didn't camp as long as I did that year. In fact I take no stock in it at all.

I'm not alone in going to the Majestic, Ron, Bill, Cody and I have all made this choice. If you could see this theater, you might have chosen it too, after all Lucas did say Digital is the best way to see it.

I still feel torn this morning...There is tradition at Edwards, but like everyone seeing it at Edwards has said, this is the LAST movie they will probably see at Edwards.

There is no easy solution. We will all see the movie at 6:30 the next day.

25. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    correction the same day. not trying to argue with anyone but we are all cool with the choices made, the way i look at this is that we will be able to reach out to both groups of fans and maybe even make our club stronger. We have talked about going to ihop after the movie anyways and we can all share our experience with each other from the first time seeing it. and we might just make some new friends being at both theaters. so no worries lets all just enjoy the movie and each other.

We are still camping out at edwards and not seeing it there does not make me a sell out it is not about trying to get tickets or anything. it is about the tradition, being with fans, having a great time, and seeing the movie. I camped at all movies and glad i am still camped out at edwards for the final one it is just to complete the circle. but movie going days are for sure done there other than imax.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.