main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Camping for ROTS

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by Oscar_the_Gungan, Apr 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Adam and I have been talking about camping out for Revenge of the Sith at the theater in Rexburg. We always go at least 24 hours but now I'm wondering if since this is the last time it should be longer than that. I don't know if this sounds nuts or not, but maybe a few days of people in shifts. I'm curious what would happen as an experiment.

2. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    In boise we plan on doing this at the edwards on april 30th as a fan force and have alerted the media they want to do daily updates with us as of now.

3. spiralpadawan

spiralpadawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    I'm game for camping out... I have to do some wrangling but I'm coming.

4. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    Dude, you know I'm down!!! Bring on the sidewalk!!

5. Jedi-Nads

Jedi-Nads Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2005
    Rexburg can be a scary place but I've slept in worse places.

6. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    You mean like that time you (meaning da Nads) fell asleep while we were using you as Loch Ness Monster bait? Now, that was a sticky situation!!

7. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    I didn't think anything could pump me up for this movie more until I went to C3!
    So what would you guys like to do. Even though we all have work and school and other committments, I really think the week before should be a celebration of our own, just not sure what to do. Camping there would be pretty fun.

8. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    I'm okay with whatever. School's out by then and I've got Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday off from work (still working on Thursday). And since I don't have any other ... entanglements (i.e. wife, girlfriend, KKK membership), I can do just about anything I want. The freedom is exhilirating.

9. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    We could also have a big shindig at my house before the movie. My parents will be in Alaska by then.

10. spiralpadawan

Feb 1, 2005
    I'm fine with whatever too, my freedom isn't quite as FREE as Adam's lol, but I've got sitters from about 5pm straight on til morning.

11. nordicgal

nordicgal Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Cool!! Par-tay at Erik's house!! Woo-hoo!! [face_mischief]

12. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    If we have a party at Erik's can I bring "special" brownies? (Ones with marshmallows, you hosers!)

13. spiralpadawan

Feb 1, 2005
    Jenny's got to make that cake again... you guys would have loved it. Very sinful.

14. amazonqueen16

amazonqueen16 Jedi Youngling

Oct 6, 2003
    So Ru all going to Rexburg? why?

15. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    I think the main reason is just because it'll be a little less hectic up in Rexburg. The Edwards is gonna be a three-ring circus that night!

16. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    Yeah, too many have a claim on the Edwards it sounded like AFEC offered us a nice corner to ourselves to play in. Plus we get to spread the geekiness to a place that probably wouldn't have been affected.

17. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    So when are you guys going to camp? Our club starts tomorrow at Midnight....we're totally stoked!

18. amazonqueen16

amazonqueen16 Jedi Youngling

Oct 6, 2003
    There's already a bunch of tents @ edwards today and so I dunno when I'm going to go camp out! I don't really have time to just go and leave school and work.

19. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    We still aren't exactly sure what we will do. I am going to discuss it with some Rexburg members in the next hour.

20. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    Erik and I have always sat in the front row at Star Wars, so we'll be immersed in the film. If we do that (and I'm doing that even if I'm the only one doing it) we won't really have to camp out for a seat in the theater, cuz no one likes the front.

21. Broken_lightsaber

Broken_lightsaber Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2005
    hey i wanna camp! i got nothin better to do lol where do i go?

22. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    Looks like people have started camping in Rexburg. We shouldbe getting our tent out tonight!

23. spiralpadawan

Feb 1, 2005
    ok that was fun! I just left Erik, Adam and Heber at the *campsite* lol... they're all set up with the xbox, tv, gamecube... pac man... food... oh and the air freshner, lol, we might not see them for days, good thing the movie is TOMORROW! I'll be back up there for a few hours with the kiddos tomorrow afternoon and then looking forward to Erin and I driving up tomorrow night.

Dress warm... it's cold out there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.