main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "On your left." - Captain America (Brave New World)

Discussion in 'Community' started by gonzoforce, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    You might as well call him "Captain Burger King" or "Captain Wal-Mart" in terms of the kind of foreign box office he will bring in.

2. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Lord knows American Literature and American Films aren't appreciated overseas!
    :rolleyes:
    C'mon now. Saying non-Americans can't enjoy Cap is like saying non-Brits can't enjoy James Bond.

3. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Iron Man made well under half its box office overseas. "Captain America" is practically daring people across the Atlantic not to see it. You might as well name the movie "The Blind Side" and advertise that it's about football.

4. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    I'm really hoping that John Krasinski doesn't get this role. I can't see him as Cap.

5. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Having Krasinski's name on the list seems like a studio exec's idea to me.
    "People like that 'Office' show right? Let's get the guy from that."

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I'm a new fan of the comics and I agree, John Kranski is not Steve Rogers. Just not chisled jaw enough.

7. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    I think the reason his name is supposedly in the running is because he's got that everyman quality. Seems like a nice enough guy, and I mean if he bulked up enough, he wouldn't be my LAST choice for Cap. Not first, of course, but still leagues better than Channing Tatum or some other idiot.

8. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    I really hope they pull it out of left field. I mean, remember all the talk of those guys who were in the running for Thor? And nowhere was Chris Hemsworth's name mentioned until he was actually cast. I hope we get the same deal here,and that it's someone good.

Slimy!

9. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    My two pics for Cap:

[image=http://nerdsoftheroundtable.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/cap_pine.jpg]
    Chris Pine aka Captain Kirk

[image=http://nerdsoftheroundtable.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/mcpartlin_cap.jpg]
    Ryan McPartlin aka Captain Awesome

The guys from The Office just doesn't have the jawline, and I doubt he could pull off the Captain America look.

10. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    I would agree with Pine, he's got charisma.

And though they may be too old, I also like Gabriel Macht and Patrick Wilson.

11. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    meh, pine might do the part justice, but i don't think he'd get the part because of star trek and the avengers movie. i mean, the guy who played kirks dad is already playing thor. can you imagine the jokes that would be made upon them team up?

12. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Looks like we can stop worrying. John Krasinski is not Captain America. I find it hard to believe that Chris Evans is in the running however. One actor being both Human Torch and Cap is even stranger than Kirk and Cap.

13. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    There are rumors about the Jonas Bros auditing for the role... [face_whistling]

14. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    ALL of them?

15. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Actually... yes.

16. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    They better not cast the Jonas brothers... Tho, that's a hilarious rumor.

17. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    they could be like voltron. forming into different parts of cap's body.

18. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007

How bout an actor being Deadpool and Green Lantern?

But I don't know..Pine as the Cap...could be interesting...

19. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Never said I liked that either. But at least Green Lantern and Deadpool don't exist in the same universe unlike the Torch and Cap do.

20. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    The Red Skull for Hugo Weaving?

According to the Heat Vision Blog at the Hollywood Reporter, actor Hugo Weaving is in negotiations with Marvel Studios to play villain The Red Skull in "The First Avenger: Captain America." Weaving is best known to genre fans as Agent Smith in "The Matrix" trilogy and as Elf Lord Elrond in "The Lord of the Rings."

The Heat Vision article states "the dealmaking with Weaving is in a delicate stage that will play out in the next day or so. Agencies grouse that Marvel plays hardball in the negotiating process and also demands multi-movie commitments, though the latter usually applies to actors playing its heroes." Indeed, rumors abound of long-term commitments of up to six films per actor in the various Marvel projects leading up to 2012's "The Avengers.

Full story

Great casting choice if true!

21. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Indeed. I'll keep my fingers crossed for Hugo.

and
    that's exactly what came to mind. lol

22. slimybug

Aug 14, 2001
    As much as I loved Chris Pine in Star Trek, I really can't see him playing Cap. Plus, like someone said, his 'dad' is already Thor! However, I find it interesting that Mike Vogel, who's also up for the part, was apparently J.J. Abram's second choice to play Captain Kirk. So he's probably a damn good actor.
    Chris Evans - I hope not. He's already Human Torch, let's leave it at that.
    Also, that Wilson Bethel guy they mentioned in the article just looks wierd and creepy.

Fixed. Hey,this remindsme.Anyone remember the apparent cameo of N'Sync in Episode II that got cut?

Slimy!

23. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    No, no, that was not the rumor, slimybug. That was the rationalization of the rumor.

24. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    I guess I can give up hope that Weaving would play Namor instead. However, that aside, he would make a teriffic skull!

25. slimybug

Aug 14, 2001
    He's way too old!

And for the record, JointheSchwartz, Spider-Fan and I should really think about getting some treatment for insomnia.

Slimy!