main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Casting Call: KIDS (Anthology VIII)

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by EagleIFilms, Jan 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Eaglet Productions, the team (ahem, that would be ME) behind the upcoming Real Life Audio Drama 'Superhero,' is first putting together a 10 minute Star Wars Audio Drama, as part of Nathan Butler's 'Anthology' series. As of yet it does not fit into the 'Established Butlerniverse,' as in incorporating characters or situations that have been in Anthology projects before, however, it may before all is said and done. I will be the vaunted 'third mixer' of the Anthology series, joining such greats as Nathan Butler (Second Strike, ChronoRadio) and Steve Fluharty (No Way Out).

At present, the following parts are needed:

1. Imperial Officer: This 'police officer' is the typical gruff, English, male, middle-aged guy you'd expect to be working in the underground of Coruscant. He's not elite, but he's not bad, either. His is the largest role, being both the narrator and handing a lot of lines in the actual story part.

2. Terence D'Fuul: 16ish, male, maybe African-American, but it's not nessesacy. He has a bit of solidity that is powerful in a kid as young as him. He has probably the third largest role.

3. Friend #1 (as yet un-named): About the same as Terense, but a little bit more 'leadery' than 'solid.' Probably a little older. Has the second largest role, and a few long speeches that need good acting to pull off.

4. Friend #2: Same as Friend #1, but less leadery, and only has like two lines.

5. Shawna: A girl, around 16, accent not specified. Has only a couple lines, but they are very important. Not a throw-away role.

6. Fellow Cop: Basically same as our 'Imperial Cop.' But MANY fewer lines. Must be British.

To audition, provide files (or preferably LINKS to files hosted elsewhere) to Gregory@layertheband.com

Use the following lines, por favor:

IMPERIAL OFFICER: You're a barely mature brat you just got caught with a carton full of deathsticks. The Jedi are gone--and good riddance. Now come with me.

TARENSE: I don't think you understand, 'Officer.' I am a Jedi.

FRIEND #1: The streets are our's, you governmental scum. Keep your highrises and skyscrapers and keep control of everything that happens up there, but these streets are our's.

SHAWNA: You patronizing nerfherder! How dare you talk to me that way?!

2. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    I'll try out for a part. You already have a sample of my voice, but I'll record an audition anyway, once I get over this cold.

3. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    "Fellow Cop" lines

I did them three different ways. If you want to use these lines, go for it. Otherwise, I got nothin'. :p

Rick McCallum loves you!

4. DarkLordofSmith

DarkLordofSmith Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    Hi, I'd be intersted in being involved with this.

If you want a English accent, I think I'll be able to provide that for you, since I'm British.

I think I auditioned for Superheros, as well.

5. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    If you want a English accent, I think I'll be able to provide that for you, since I'm British.

There's a chance, yes. 8-} E-mail sent off to you.

Adam, I will definatly keep you on file, we'll see how the other tapes come in, I'm not promising anyone a spot yet. Except, of course, to Nathan, who informed me that to be part of Anthology I'd have to let him do the opening and closing credits. DARN THE MAN!!! 8-}

I'll be leaving auditions open for at least a week, but be sure to record as soon as you can, before I fall in love with someone else's audition. Oh, and if you want to record, but cannot at the moment (Rich?), let me know, and I'll wait for you before closing down auditions.

I do want this show to go as quick and painlessly as possible, as one of the reasons for doing it before Superhero is so that I can gain experience doing AD on a smaller scale, rather than doing a 50 minute show straight off.

Hopefully this experience will be SO good that it will inspire a Butler-esque (oh how I love creating new, JC-inspired words!) creative explosion...but we'll see.

-Gregory

6. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
  7. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    Alright, so I've got all the roles I need now except for the female role. If anyone knows any females (I know that's a hard one), please see if you can convince them to come on and audition.

-Gregory

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.