main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE in the Media

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Conventions Europe' started by LAJ_FETT , Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've seen my first print ad for CE. It follows the 30th Anniversary Star Wars Salute in the March SFX Magazine, on page 47. It has nothing that isn't on the website already (but it does have a cute pic of a Red Guard doing guard duty at the palace).

Use this thread to post any CE ads/information in the press or on TV/radio! :)

2. CARBONITEKID

CARBONITEKID Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2005
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_6290000/newsid_6296200/6296267.stm

3. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    From that article it looks ike we are getting mostly what the US celebrations have had.

Especially excited about the life size vehicals. So many photo ops lol

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I came across a new ad in the April issue of SFX Magazine. It shows Vader with lightsaber drawn and cape spread standing atop a statue plinth (the one in Trafalgar Square, perhaps?). Most of the attractions we already know but there are a few I haven't seen mentioned:

Jawa swap/meet trading area
    Jedi training arena
    2000 seat theater/special screenings
    'Careers in Film' educational area (of interest to fan film folks, I'm sure!)

5. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    I just spent some days in Ramsgate and was treated to hearing local radio station Invictor FM. Every now and again a radio advert for CE would crop up, with Anthony Daniels doing the voice over.

6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    TFN has details of a new CE press release that details some of the activities:

To mark this milestone year, Lucasfilm Ltd. and Cards Inc. are preparing three days of Star Wars events the likes of which Europe has never seen. Planned activities include:
    ? Special previews of the future of Star Wars entertainment: The Force Unleashed, the groundbreaking videogame from LucasArts; and The Clone Wars, the long-awaited CG-animated television series from Lucasfilm Animation;
    ? Opening Ceremonies on Friday, 13th July, with a centerpiece outdoor screening of the movie that started it all ? Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope;
    ? Presentation of comedian Charles Ross?s acclaimed One-Man Star Wars Trilogy stage show;
    ? The ?Jedi Training Academy,? where young fans can visit a recreation of Dagobah and learn how to wield a lightsaber in true Jedi fashion;
    ? Appearances by favorite actors and personalities who have helped create the Star Wars Saga;
    ? More entertainment, presentations, events and soon-to-be-announced surprises ? including some that won?t be revealed until they happen.

Hit the link above for the whole release. That outdoor screening sounds great - I hope the weather
    co-operates!

7. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    ? More entertainment, presentations, events and soon-to-be-announced surprises ? including some that won?t be revealed until they happen.

Sounds to me like they are going to be making it up as they go along, lol. What a bizarre thing to say! All sounding good though, I fear the screening of ANH may clash with the LSO concert.

8. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Will check, but I think the concert is on Thursday Matt, not Friday. Should be ok.

9. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Concert is defo on Friday 13th Tim: LSO concert
    Then again it's never been part of the official CE events.

Forbidden Planet do have the Gentle Giant event on Thursday though.

10. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    eh, we all know the movie :p
    Americans get to go to John Williams concerts all the time. At least I (we) can say we've actually heard the LSO play our favourite filmmusic and not those local bulk cruis- erm local orchestras ;)

11. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    The free evening London newspaper, Lite, has had CE ads running all week. On Wednesday it was even on the front page. Will do some collecting and photogrpahing for you all, but people can't say this show hasn't been advertsied, which people often do say about other shows :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.