main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CEII Celebration Europe II July 26th-28th 2013, Essen, Germany

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Sep 4, 2012.

1. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I hope that you guys get some great Ep7 info there!

Dark Lady Mara likes this.
  2. Ulfor-Bombaasa

Ulfor-Bombaasa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2006
    I am really looking forward to going to CEII with my daughter who is studying opera in Cologne.

3. Ulfor-Bombaasa

Ulfor-Bombaasa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2006
    Looking forward to CEII, I thought I would post a video shot at CVI with Daniel Logan and others commemorating our 25th Annivseray that my wife and I recently celebrated. Here it is:

4. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Yeah, the timing of CEII sure was an interesting coincidence. ;) Perhaps there'll be a big announcement for this summer.

5. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I noticed your sig. If some good stuff happens at the celebration, are you keeping spoiler-free or does that debate end?

6. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm one those that are definitely staying spoiler-free. I was hardcore spoiler free for ROTS and don't see why I should change.

7. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm not against any new info, it's not like they're going to give away the entire plot or anything.

I do want to know who is directing it and who is starring and who they will be playing in the films.

8. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Those are points I don't care about, the behind the scene stuff. As soon as it gets into what the characters are doing then I'm staying away.

9. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Sadly I'm no longer able to attend Celebration Europe- my Mum has booked a family holiday over that same weekend :(

10. A.prime

A.prime Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2013
    Can someone please give me some advice

I attended the 2010 event using a VIP Jedi membsership, I got everyones autograph at the time, is it worth me going this time as I live in England.

I will be in USA from 5th July until 23rd July so I need to know to go

11. Drkwndz

Drkwndz Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2013
    So, due to a recent cash flow increase I may be able to make this trip after all. I'm trying to crunch some numbers to see how much $ I'm going to need and I had some questions that I'm having trouble finding answers to in English. So I thought I'd see if there's any helpful locals or people who read German...

- the CEII web site says Dusseldorf is only about 17 away by train but how late/early do the trains/buses run?

- Is it really practical to stay in Dusseldorf instead of Essen? Especially since I found myself walking back to my hotel some time between 2-4 am at least once the last two celebrations I've been to...

- I hate driving do I really need to rent a car or can I get by with public transport and walking?

12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I would so love to go to this but I need something a lot closer to me.

13. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    I'm thinking about going! A great opportunity to visit Germany as well

CaptainRegor and Maximus1138 like this.
  14. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Coming is in consideration for me.

15. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    First of all, I'm not a local, but I have been looking around for some things myself, and I also have some experience in travelling, but still these are just my personal views, and what I'm planning to do.

I would not stay in Düsseldorf. There are a lot of available hotel rooms in all price ranges in Essen, and as long as your hotel is connected to the U-Bahn or S-Bahn (subway/tram system) then it's a lot easier to stay in Essen. Especially if you want to hang out with other fans until late. Still though you can take the Regional Express between Essen and Düsseldorf until 0.21 and the S-Bahn until 3.35 if I read the time table correct.

Overall the public transportation system in the whole Ruhr-area is very good. Just between Düsseldorf and Essen you have both the Regional Express-train and the S-Bahn to choose from. If you want to travel around I would say it seems to be faster to use the different train systems than to rent a car. Also if you rent a car you need to buy an extra environmental fee if you want to drive in the cities. I don't know anything about cost, or if it's possible to get it included in the rental fees.

I hope that helps some.

Maximus1138 likes this.
  16. Drkwndz

Drkwndz Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2013
    Yep. Thanks. I could barely get the net to tell me there are trains, never mind a time table.

17. Maximus1138

Maximus1138 Jedi Knight

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm a local, and will be staying outside of Düsseldorf. Have an apartment there.

You won't need a car, since trains offer very frequent services until late into the night. However, you can expect it to get very full with all the people attending Celebration.
    I'm willing to help out anyone visiting from outside Germany, if you have any questions.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  18. kevinliell

kevinliell Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2009
    Wo der best donner Kebab in Essen ist?

19. Maximus1138

Maximus1138 Jedi Knight

Oct 31, 2012
    It's pratical to stay in Düseldorf actually, but close to the train station. Trains between Düsseldorf and Messe Essen. So it's a good option if you can't find an appropiate accomodation. However, I'm afraid all the youth hostels, if that's your budget limit, will most likely be already booked out for those days.

Everyone, you can also try www.airbnb.com, which rents out rooms and apartments directly from private persons.

No car is necessary, unless you also plan to stay longer and visit the surrounding landmarks.

20. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Well I'm planning to go to Zollverein, the German mining museum and the Gasometer in the area and from what I can figure out it will be easier to use the trains rather than renting a car.

If anyone else is interested in seeing both a very interesting industrial heritage, and how the industrial heritage has been turned into an exciting cultural experience I'm happy to share.

21. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I'm thinking about going. I haven't decided yet, but I know it would be fun. I've never been to Europe before.

22. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Yes you should come! And without a party to plan we can just relax and have fun!

Grimby likes this.
  23. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    I'm very excited for Celebration Europe 2! Were I live I don't know about any other Star Wars fan heck the majority of the people I come in contact with (say, school) hasn't even seen them (which also means I will be attending "alone")... I'm very excited to meet so many Star Wars fans and SW celeberities like Dave Filoni as well as visiting panels focusing on CW season 6 and (hopefully) episode 7! I don't really like to travel and be away from home for long but heck this is going to be fun! Is the Jedi Council Forums going to have a "party" there too I wonder? Who would I meet? How about you Obi anne? :)

24. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm going to be there, a lot, and I'd like to meet up. We are not going to have an organised party for the forum people, but usually we find a spot to hang out around. Communications will be a bit trickier, previous Celebrations we've had a fan table where we could post info about meet ups, and it was also a good place to meet before doing something else. I'm sure we can come up with something though.

25. TheDarkKing

TheDarkKing Jedi Padawan

Jan 28, 2013
    Heading over from Scotland myself. I was hoping I could take my son to his first Celebration but sadly with cost of flights etc can't afford to. Haven't been to a Celebration since the first Celebration Europe where I was lucky enough to perform so very much looking forward to this and meeting like minded fans. Excited to see what panel's & Q&A's are announced and if we get any early info on what to expect from Episode 7.