main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Celebration II around the corner...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jediknightcox, Apr 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediknightcox

jediknightcox Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2002
    So..who all is ready for Celebration II? Let me see...I have my lightsaber packed...my X-wing is gased up :) Forget the meditation becasue I'm too excited to meditate...

2. sabe-oola

sabe-oola Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2002
    YOur description pretty much describes it ALL for me...I have already bitten all my nails (eeww...) off due to unbearable anticipation...just another deep thought by Jack Handey.....

3. Drk Father1

Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    We're ready! Scraped up as many credits as we could and got our gear ready. Now if we can just get these stupid grins off or our faces we'll be fine! (Geez, I'm not going to be worth a squat at work this week....)

4. Unicron

Unicron Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2002
    I'm looking forward to it. Other than the convention exclusive stuff (of course the action figure and probably the poster and a shirt or something), I really don't anticipate buying that much. I'm sure there will be some awesome stuff in the auction, but I'm also sure it will all go for way beyond my price range.

Mostly I plan on attending as many of the presentations/talks as possible, as I enjoy that kind of stuff. What about autographs? Is anybody else bothering with them? I'd like to get Carrie Fisher and Billy Dee Williams, and probably Julian Glover (General Veers), but most of those "Men Behind the Mask" guys I've already met at the Chicago comic con over the past five years. Since I think she's only signing on Saturday, ten bucks says the line for Carrie Fisher are HUGE.

Overall I'm really looking forward to it...this one sounds a whole lot better organized than the last one. And DRIER. :)

-John

5. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    I'm going for some autographs, but I guess it depends on the lines. I've actually set aside enough money for 20! If I have to I'll use their pick up service and pay an extra buck to get them, even though that means I won't be getting them in person. :(

Oh well, I guess it all depends on the crowd. The auction stuff is going to be really high, most of it is starting out at three and four hundred dollars, so I'm definately out of that one. A couple of Jorg Sucals and a t-shirt or two is about it for me too. (Unless Hasbro has some of those other figures I've been looking for). The Hotel costs are bad enough, not to mention whatever parking's going to cost for the weekend. But, Star Wars is definately worth it!

6. jediknightcox

Mar 23, 2002
    I may get one autograph....but I'm looking forward to just seeing everything Star Wars. Man...getting excited just thinking about it....I've been giving blood and plasma for the past 2 months getting ready for Saturday. Anyways...It will be great to be around other people who love Star Wars as much as I do....will probably spend a good deal of my time talking to all the great people that will be there.

7. sabe-oola

sabe-oola Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2002
    LOL! You actually gave plasma? (ouch!) I was actually talking about doing that out of desperation! I am only going to be able to get 2 autographs :( but 2 is better than Z.E.R.O. I reckon :)
    THe only person I am truly worried about getting an Autograph from is Carrie Fisher, because she is my hero, and If I have to spend the whole Saturday waiting in line for it, I would feel that it was justifiable.............I wanted to get Leanna's autograph, but since she isn't showing up...**sigh** ............I am actually thinking about trying for Billy Dee.......hmm...dilemas! Too many choices and not enough money..
    WE actually figured out today that we aren't going to be able to afford a hotel, so we are going to have to drive back and forth all 3 days. Oh well...At least I will be there!

8. jediknightcox

Mar 23, 2002
    Ouch...driving back and forth....I'm staying in Lebanon, IN and it is only $99 per night. It was as close as I could get for the income I get. It is only half hour away too...so not that bad. Better then driving all the way from Elizabethtown. I'm sorry to say, but I am only going on Saturday. It is my wedding anniversary and wife wanted t ogo somewhere for our anniversary. She is not as......excited....as I am about Star Wars, so I am going on Saturday and then going where she wants to go on Sunday. That is fine with me though...hey..I'll take one day over none anyday. I will convert her though....she will love Star Wars...it is her destiny.

9. Unicron

Unicron Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2002
    YOWZA. I can't believe you guys are driving back and forth all three days. Man, that's going to suck! Sure, it's only a two-hour drive or so, but YEEESH! The sad thing is, I seriously considered driving back to Louisville on Friday night just to see "Spider-Man" with my friends, because the theater at Circle Centre isn't going to be showing it.

When is everyone getting there? I'm staying Thursday night so I can just wake up and go on Friday morning. I probably won't leave Louisville until around 6:00 PM or so on Thursday, though. Still gotta work that day.

-John

10. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    We're leaving Thursday morning so we can get there in the afternoon and just laze around the rest of the night (and to watch ROTJ on fox).

We'll talk all about it tomorrow night I'm sure!

11. historyfolks

historyfolks Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 28, 2002
    We were able to get a room at the Hampton Inn in Indy for 89.00! Check rates on the net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.