main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Celebration III

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by fingthething, Nov 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I think this deserves a new thread, after looking at the Niagra boards. There is some serious talk that it will be in Indy again! :) But it will be announced offically some time this month.

Now, for those of you did'nt go to Celebration 2, I can tell you that it is crucial that we get a hotel that is close. It will save lots of money and lots of headache.

So the question is, how do you want to do this? Do we all want to book our rooms at the same hotel all at once? Or are we going to do it sepratly at the same hotel. Ether way its coming down to decision making time.

I am seriously going to book a hotel room the day they annouce it. So thats why im saying, should I book more than one? and if so how many? I don't want to get screwed if someone says there coming and then they don't. Then I would have to pay for the room.

I am going to look up the rates, number of people per room allowed, and locations of all the hotels around the convention center and post them here when im done so that we can be ready for when they announce it.

2. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    I'm up for sharing a room with any number of guys. And the closer to the convention center we can get, the better. If you don't mind booking multiple rooms at one time Danny, that would probably be best. :)

3. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
  4. redeyekho

redeyekho Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 1, 2003
    It would be nice to know for sure where they are located before I make a commitment.

5. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    I'm definitely in.....and as far as sharing goes, I'm okay with that too. Should be enough of us girls to share a room or two!

6. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    From what I can tell, those 7 hotels are within a 3 block radius of the Conference Center.

7. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    I don't think it needs to be said but I'm in :)

8. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
    Steve, I already have all the phone numbers to all those hotels and more :)

Heres what Indianapolis looks like

I've got most of the phone numbers to all the places that are within 2 blocks. I don't like booking hotels over the net, thats why im going to do it over the phone. But anyways, from what i've dug up about prices is that it will cost us about 150-200U.S. a night with 4 people to a room. which = about 50-70 Dollars a night Canadian per person.

Which isn't bad compared to what I paid for a Motel 6 last time. It was 45 U.S. a night and did'nt have AC!

So I think 3 rooms should do it, right?

John
    Berx
    Steve
    Me
    Dave
    Kevin
    Ang
    Terry
    Jason?
    Banana?

And maybe a couple of others. I'll check the cancellation policy of each place, that way we won't get screwed :)

9. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    I think Laura is going to try to come too....but we can always figure that out later.

10. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    Excellent map, Danny. :D And I would agree, booking over the net isn't recommended. Besides, you can't book for anything past November 2004 online anyways. :(

11. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
    Its the same map I used for Celebration II :)

12. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    Well, wherever the best deal can be had... //Shruggs
    I've heard rumor that at this point in time, only the Westin is taking reservations for 2005...

"Something to think about..." ;)

EDIT: Just by looking at the map, I get the feeling that if the Westin is within $20 of the others, then it would be by far the best choice (especially for convenience).

13. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
    Ya, right know I think the best choice would be the Courtyard by Marriot, or the Westin.

Im keeping my eye on that Niagra board to Steve ;)

14. TK-713

TK-713 Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2003
    I agree with Danny. It was about a $20.00 cab ride from where I stayed.

Have they even announced where CELEBRATION 3 IS going to be yet???

Iam defenitly in on going to celebration 3, I don't care if I have to quit my job to go to it(LOL).

I think if we can get some rooms close by eachother, that would be good, and also the same hotel.

15. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Once you gys can get a fairly firm commitment to how many rooms you'll need let us in Niagara know.

I suggested in there that if we can combine our bookings we could get a better than con rate.

As far as hotel I think I'd prefer the Marriott. Its directly attached the con centre and I stayed at the Marriott in Atlanta for Dragon*Con, they are nice hotels.

Of course we need to wait for the official announcement still and then see which hotels are going to be the official con hotels and what rates they have.

If we are all prepped ahead of time we should have no problem grabbing a block of rooms within the first days after the announcement

16. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    One question... How are we getting there? I don't know about the van yet so we might hafto either rent or maybe go in convoy. The van I'm lookin into seats fifteen people. It shouldn't be a problem to borrow either since my mom managed to book it for next week when she called today.

17. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    Transportation doesn't have to be booked as soon as accomdations do... ;)

18. redeyekho

Oct 1, 2003
    I would think that flying would be the best bet. I have a communicator... maybe I can contact my ship and have us beam there. [face_mischief]

19. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
    I think a road trip would be way more fun :) Plus its alot cheaper. A van that seats 15 would be perfect. I can't see more than 15 of us going.

And as for you Dave, StarTrek references are not welcome here! :p

20. banana

banana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    I am in so the more info the better :)

banana :D

21. redeyekho

Oct 1, 2003
    I can imagine that it will be 2 to 3 days of driving to get to Indianapolis if its there.

22. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    That's why you book a week off of work :D

Road trips are fun

23. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    ...As long as there aren't any annoying little kids which can't sit still, or people who insist on stopping at every little town for a bathroom break... ;)

24. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    ROAD TRIP !!!! Sorry I love road trips, I make a point of finding all the tacky tourist stuff along the way :D
    Steve, unless you're going to lock Shanna in a water proof trunk we're stopping for potty breaks lots anyway. She has the bladder of a two year old :p And doesn't danny qualify as the little kid who can't sit still. :)

25. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
    Hey! I may qualify as a little kid, but i can sit still ;)

My Game Boy, 20 AA's and a 12 pack of Coke, thats all I need :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.