main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration III

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by Oscar_the_Gungan, Jan 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    Also, while looking at Priceline, you can't make any reservations until at least another couple of months for a flight so far in advance. I'd recommend getting your flights booked in the beginning of June.

2. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    I'm curious how many planning on going have been to a Star Wars Celebration before.

3. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    I think all of us here have, except one or two

4. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    That's cool, no new news yet. I'm hoping after the Clone Wars mania ends after the last episode we will hear more about the hotel plans from Lucasfilm.

5. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Thought you guys might like this info:

Adams Mark Downtown 1-317-972-0600 - Does not have C3 in their system yet....will only book 1 year in advance.

Marriott Downtown 1-317-822-3500 - Will only accept reservations 50 weeks out.

Raddison Downtown 1-317-236-2558 - Will only accept reservations 1 year out.

The Westin - 1-317-262-8100 - Will only accept reservations 1 year out.

Comfort Suites - 1-317-631-9000 - Will only accept reservations 1 year out.

Hampton Inn - 1-317-261-1200 - Will only accept reservations 1 year out.

6. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Here's what I just copied from the official website:

It seems like a long wait until Star Wars Celebration III opens its doors at the Indiana Convention Center April 21 - 24, 2005, but it's not too early to start anticipating what looks to be the biggest Star Wars fan event to date.

As the summer progresses, look for news and details in the Community section of www.starwars.com,and at the official Celebration III website: www.starwarscelebration.com.

We can't give away too many surprises yet, but here's what we can tell you now. Celebration III should feature more Star Wars events, exclusives, and festivities than fans will find anyplace else:

Stars from the casts of all six Star Wars films.
    Magic-makers from the film crews.
    Special sneak peaks into the future of Star Wars.
    Treasures from the Lucasfilm archives - props and costumes and more.
    A variety of unique Star Wars entertainment brought together under one roof.
    More fan events, more fan creations, and more fan involvement than ever before.
    New Celebration III merchandise including an exclusive action figure available nowhere else.
    Improved Fan Club benefits - for members from all over the world.

7. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    Hey, what did anyone think of the new Celebration III logo. Looks pretty cool to me!

8. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    It rocks man...very dark, very Episode III-VI, very cool...

9. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Just recieved word that they're beginning to take reservations for C3...nothing official from Lucas but you can reserve at your own will. Is anyone up for just doing it now to be safe and waiting to see what Lucas offers?

10. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    I have reserved two rooms that fit 4 adults with 2 double beds at the Embassy Suites across the street from the RCA dome. It's $200 a night, so only $25 a day...pretty good for free breakfast and free shuttling. This leaves two open spots. I'm sure Oscar the Gungan is going...so 1 then. We may have two open still depending on if all from Boise end up going who said they were going.

11. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    just checking but are you able to cancel the reservations in case there is abetter deal from Lucas? from over here going is me and RabidJawa, aka Adam. a friend of mine from LA and probably Barry and Valerie.
    Who were having planned for those rooms?

12. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    We've got myself, Cody, Russ, Eric, James, and Adam. That's all from this end. James and Cody I'm not 100% sure on at this time. Things may change for them as far as coming along finance wise.

YES you can cancel the reservations no harm done. We'll see what Lucas offers...I did it because it brings a feeling of security...and its really close to the dome plus its a good and cheap deal! You might want to call and reserve a room so that we're all in the same hotel. They require a credit card # to reserve...it's not charged, just used for security. I just had my mom give me her # and reserved that way.

13. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    I just realized that there is no law saying you can't have more than 4 in a room, so as long as some of you don't mind the floor, we could have some really good deals here. And depending on what the official fanclub offers, we may just be saving a bundle!

14. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Just out of curiosity, are we all cool with sharing a room here???

15. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    As far as I know there isn't a problem. Heck, I'd sleep in a closet just to be there and I'd be happy about it. In the next month or so we should hear more about hotels and stuff from official sources. It is sounded like tickets and hotel rooms will be reserved through starwarsshop.com.
    It won't be long until plane tickets can be purchased, If anyone finds a good deal let us know!

16. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Since I can't get a hold of anyone in IDF, I'm going to say that we have 9 confirmed including
    ME
    Eric N
    Eric R
    Barry
    Mrs Barry
    James
    Adam S
    Adam
    Russ
    And we have 5 possibles:
    Cody, Ryan, Randy and Brice and your L.A. friend....hope this is right. Someone PM me from IDF if your numbers are wrong.

17. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    Well, it is sounding like sometime in the middle of next month we will hear something more concrete on ticket prices and hotels. So keep your eye out and keep checking back here.

18. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Yeah....hey Erik...you should encourage your brother to
    post more! He's our president and I only see him post once a month if we're lucky!

19. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    Hey, I kinda am thinking of going too. Or am I not cool enough to go?

20. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    Erin, you should go. It's a lot of fun!! And it would be wayb cool to get a huge group. As they say in Evil Dead fan circles "The GORE, the merrier!"

21. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    ANybody should go indeed. Fans of all kinds:

1) Costumers, but we have heard enough about them

2) Autographs nuts, walk around with a SW poster with 50 signatures on it, every conceivable actor. THe poster is alternatively kept in a locked briefcase as the owner probably had to shell out $20 per Hancock to get it

3) Collectors. Seen them drop $200 for a Xmas ornament circa 1978. But its worth it right? ;)

4) Regular joes, walk around, take pictures, meet people...not a bad day. Certainly the cheapest. A lot to be said for it.

But I'll be in costume, and my self esteem rides in direct proportion to how many people take my picture. So will anyone who goes promise to do so?

22. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    Celebration III is for anybody that likes Star Wars. Every aspect of Star Wars you can think of is there.
    One of things I love about going is amywhere else someone might call you a geek, like that's a bad thing, for loving Star Wars. At celebration I remember feeling like I was among my people. For the most part people have been really cool there.
    One of the cool things about it, is that if you've had Star wars questions you have always wondered about it you get the chance to ask the people who actually were there.

23. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    Barry, I promise you now, I will take your picture. (at least twice since I have two cameras)

This is going to be really fun, I can't wait. It will be nice to get the heck out of dodge for awhile, will be really cool to go somewhere new, and meet a ton of new people. Can we leave monday? Just kidding, 7 months to go.

24. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    Hi!
    Over at www.starwarscelebration.com they just posted that Badge and hotel info should be up this month.

25. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    THose pdf files for exhibitors that have hit the net make me think the info we are waiting for is coming soon. One of them even had a schedule. It sounds like there are events going up to midnight at some nights. One thing I thought was cool was the opening ceremony isn't until 8:30 p.m. We missed it last time and its cool there will be plenty of time to get in line for it. 7 more months!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.