main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Celebration IV in LA (May 24-28)

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Phuong_Solo, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phuong_Solo

Phuong_Solo Jedi Master star 2

Jun 26, 2003
    Most of you guys have probably heard that C4 is now a real thing. Any thoughts?

2. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    I really wanted them to do C4, and LA is perfect because I could take a trip to Disneyland. However, I'm not too thrilled that they chose next year do this. I'm going to renew my Disney World annual pass for trips in January and September (because my Longhorns will be travelling to Orlando to play Central Florida). So, there is no way I can afford the trip to California in addition to my two trips to Florida. :_|

What will C4 entail? I mean, with each previous Celebration, there was a SW film to accompany it. I assume the central focus will be Star Wars in 3D, as well as the new animated and live action TV series.

3. anakinobiwan

anakinobiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    The 30th anniversary of SW is next year so that's the purpose of C4 along with the new TV show and other SW items. I went to C3 and had one of the best times of my life. Being a life long SW fan, it was like living in SW fantasy land for 4 days and I didn't want to leave! Me and 10 of my SW lovin girlfriends went and we plan to do it again next year. Will probably have about 15 friends going.

4. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    I'm ready to go (since I never made it to the other celebrations) ... not sure if my wallet will be ready though ... HA HA.

BTW, how much does the convention run price wise???

5. Phuong_Solo

Jun 26, 2003
    Well, if you guys think that you might attend, rooms are booking up very quickly. You might want to start calling hotels now.

6. anakinobiwan

anakinobiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Did it. I'm set but will be calling the hotel constantly over the next year and make sure they have my damm reservation.

7. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    I am making plans to go to this event (even though it is about 10 months away).

Does anyone have any good / bad thoughts on these huge events (since this will be my 1st BIG con)???

8. Phuong_Solo

Jun 26, 2003
    Here is an Update!!!

I was checking the Southwest Airlines website and they do not have any flights scheduled yet for dates after May 10. If you can order tickets early (at least 14 days in advance), you can get a round trip ticket for about $200 from what I understand. I know that they have flights from Houston Hobby straight to LAX but I haven't checked with IAH since I live next to Hobby. I am not sure if we could gather enough people if we could get a cheaper group rate of some kind.

9. starwarsgeek74

starwarsgeek74 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2006
    I've always been a procrasitnator, but I was expecting to pay a lot more than $200 for a round trip ticket. If anything becomes of this group rate idea, I would surely like to know about it! That might actually convince me to go. I've been dying for a reason to put my armor back on anyways...

10. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    A few airlines I've looked at the rate seems to run close to $350 round trip. Myself I would rather go Southwest so I'm going to wait until I see what Southwest charges.

11. Phuong_Solo

Jun 26, 2003
    Update!!!

If you plan on flying from Southwest, the internet special price for a round-trip flight from Houston Hobby (no flights out of IAH from SW) to LAX will be $217.30 and is now available for purchase on their website.

Here is some pricing info:

Pre-Registration
    4-Day Adult $110 (Official Star Wars Fan Club members get 5th day free!)
    4-Day Child* $45
    1-Day Adult $40
    1-Day Child* $20
    *(6-12 years old. Children under 6 are free)

Onsite Purchases
    4-Day Adult $125
    4-Day Child* $55
    1-Day Adult $45
    1-Day Child* $25
    (*6-12 years old. Children under 6 are free)

Badge Registration: October 30th, 2006 (Noon PST) - March 30th, 2007 (Noon PST)

12. Jedi_Ryn_Luna

Jedi_Ryn_Luna Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2005
    I want to go so bad but I'm new to purchasing hotel and airfare online, along with finding my way in LA by myself. Anyone have any tips? This would be my first big trip by myself. I'm only 19.

13. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    Jedi_Ryn_Luna,
    I've only traveled a few times by myself and it seems a little scary at first but it's not that bad. The best thing to do is call (or use the 'net) and book the hotel & flight. The most important part is confirm the information from time to time via phone, etc.

As far as the flying part you can always ask the people that work at the airports where to go for which gate, etc.

14. Jedi_Ryn_Luna

Nov 16, 2005
    Thanks so much for the info. yeah I've been looking at the rates for hotels and airfare and the prices aren't so bad. I think this dream might become a reality for me. I don't want to go alone though so I'm trying to find someone that will go with me or if nothing else someone who is already going who I can hang out with.

15. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    I am going (as well as my brother-in-law). I have already bought my badge and my B.I.L. paid for the hotel and flight ... so we are booked and ready to go. You are welcome to hang out with us there, etc. ... if you can find us among the 1000+ people going to be there.

16. Jedi_Ryn_Luna

Nov 16, 2005
    Cool! Thanks..yeah I'd love to meet some folks from Houston but really anywhere. I hope I can make lots of friends. So are you going in costume, Danpa_Wamem? I'm thinking about throwing something together for atleast one day. I'm so excited, I really think I can do this.

17. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    I'm going to dress-up as a jedi (for atleast 1 day) and wearing Star Wars T-Shirts the rest of the time. My brother-in-law will be dressed as a x-wing pilot. I have a picture of my costume, etc. on myspace.

18. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    Just curious how many of you out there are going (or atleast planning) to go to C4?

19. Dawashindi

Dawashindi Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2007
    I'm going. It's my first one. I have to leave early though, on Sunday morning, so I'm hoping there's not some big event at the end.

20. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    Dawashindi,
    This will be my 1st celebration as well (not my first con, but my 1st BIG con). I'm leaving on Sunday as well, to beat most of the "flight traffic" on the following Monday.

21. ChewbaccasRevenge

ChewbaccasRevenge Jedi Master

May 19, 2002
    My husband and I are going. This is my second celebration and his first. We'll be staying at the Figueroa, which promises to be an insane time. We aren't dressing up or anything, don't want to bring all that extra stuff. We will be going to LA several days before the festivities to take in some of the sights, and leave Monday afternoon. I can't wait for all this to go down, I just hope we are prepared enough.

22. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    Hey there ChewbaccasRevenge,
    I was going to stay at the Fig, but my brother-in-law found a cheaper place that's off of 7th St (so it's not too far away from the con).

23. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Hi everyone I started a thread in the MS regional discussion about C4.

My husband and I will be there. I was hoping everyone from the region could get together while we are in LA :)

24. starwarsgeek74

starwarsgeek74 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2006
    Still seems up in the air if I'm going, but was wondering if I could get some input. It seems that the Celebrations are nothing but lines, lines, and lines leading to lines. Has anyone been that can tell if this true or not? My understading is that if you want to purchase anything or see any of the celebs, you have to stand in line, which is understandable. But is there anything to do that doesnt involve standing in a hours long lines, such as table booths or displays? If I get to go, I dont want to spend my whole day waiting. Input? Please tell me I'm wrong!!!

25. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    This will be my 1st Celebration so I can't really say for sure if the "lines" are going to be the norm there or not. Apparently it was that way the last time and gencon is doing a few things different this time; like getting a scheduled time to go into the store (plus the store is open 24 hours this time around). I would think the exhibit halls would be pretty packed but I doubt there would be lines unless it's to buy something exclusive or get something signed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.