main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Celebration V

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JocastaNu3, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    For C3, we did a last minute trip. Had to get a hotel about 10 miles from RCA dome and we bought our tix when we got there. I think they had 50,000 tix and only 35,000 sold. You can probably wait till the week of and decide.

The artwork at C3 was various styles including the posters used for the prequels and some wild "noncanon" art like Yoda meditating while surrounded by 3 female Jedi dressed in nearly nothing. The artist submit 100s of artworks to Lucasfilm and only a few are chosen for use. We get to see the ones not chosen as well as the ones they do.

2. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    Who is going?

3. ChewieTitan

Dec 26, 2001
    My wife and I are going.

4. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    See you there.

5. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    Is anyone going VIP? My brother and I are.

6. ChewieTitan

Dec 26, 2001
    Yes, we have Jedi Knight. Been really excited since we got the Aayla badges. I guess the trip hasn't seemed real till then.

7. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    Cool. If we want to meet there, it will be easier that way. What time are you arriving on Thursday since we get in early?

8. ChewieTitan

Dec 26, 2001
    Depends on if we get registered Wendseday evening or not. If we do, then we will probably leave the Peabody at 8:30am to get in line for entry. If we don't get registered Wend then we will go to VIP reg desk at 8:00am.

9. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    I am having the car pick us up at 8:00am at the hotel. We are staying 15 minutes away, but, we will be dropped off at the door. Should be standing in line ready to go at at least 8:45am.

10. JocastaNu3

JocastaNu3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2008
    Hi,
    sorry no communication for awhile,
    I have a couple of basic Celebration questions, even tho chances are slim to none of us going, but there's still hope.....
    we don't have any tickets, what would be the best course of action to get tickets, and is it worth it to go for just saturday and sunday?
    Are the lines unbearable? like will we be standing in lines for hours just to get into the exhibits. We have never been to any conventions of any kind, SW, comic con, nada, so we are total newbies. We are not intersted in autographs. What would get us the most bang for our buck and short lenght of time????/

thanks in advance
    lil

11. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    The Saturday ticket is worth it just to see George Lucas. You never quite know what he will say.

12. ChewieTitan

Dec 26, 2001
    Lil, you can wait and buy tix their. That's what I did for C3. Just going two days will still be worth it I think.

You will need to pick the events you really want to see and plan on seeing at least half of them. For example, I've got 8 events picked for Saturday but some of them overlap so I will see how the day goes and decide which to watch closer to time.

As far as lines, for Lucas, Fisher, Ray Park, and Daniels, the lines will start forming at least an hour before starting time. Several hours for Lucus. So if you don't want to waste time waiting, then during these events, you can walk right into other less sought after stuff.

For Saturday night, I know y'all like Disney so you can do the Last tour to Endor. It starts at 8:00pm and I really wanted to see the Clone Wars panel 6:00-7:00 but will probably skip it for Endor. Plus, they are doing a Hyperspace Hoopla that you missed at SWW.
    Come on, you know your itching to go.

13. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    ^ That sounds right. I have never been before, so I don't really have any advice. The Endor thing will be fun I think. I know a guy that works there and he said they have really put a lot of thought into it. The firework show is not to be missed. I was just there for SWW, but I think it will be fun.

Also, I know some people that are camping out Friday night for The Main Event. That is going to be one, long line.

14. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    It was a spectacular experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.