main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Charlestown Star Wars Day (3rd annual) October 22nd

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Avante, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Avante

Avante Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2010
    Hello again to all. Charlestwon Indiana is having their annual Star Wars Day again this year, and I am hopnig some of you can come. It will be October 22 (Saturday) and in the past has started around 2pm. This is the 3rd year they have had it and it has always been a great local event. They will show a movie (showed E 5 last year), have a kids costume contest, some video game contests, and of course awesome costuming guests like ourselves. The kids and adults love it. Let me know if you are interested. If you want to be added to the official list emial me directly since i won't be able to check back here too often. 1avante@insightbb.com Jim (Obi Wan)

2. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    I've been wanting to attend the past two years. I plan on being there this year for sure!

3. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks for the reminder!

4. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    I will try to be there.

5. Avante

Avante Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2010
    Hey, I noticed a couple of you have posted that you were planning on coming to costume for this. If you can email me directly at the address below so I can get you on the list. Let me know what you will costume as, if you will have or need a handler, etc. The only costume problem would be if two people want to do the same face character. I can also send you out directions and official meeting plans for the costumers. There is a special reveal they do for us after the movie, so we all start out together, and scatter throughout later. Thanks Jim

1avante@insightbb.com

6. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I will be there guys,we can finally meet :)

7. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Darn! Now I'm really sorry I won't be there. At least a couple of us will have the pleasure of meeting you.

8. atataboy

atataboy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2005
    I will be there in costume, but several people from the Hoosier Alliance will be coming down to help out with a scavenger hunt/trivia style game that won't be in costume. Anyone interested in helping out with that? Pretty simple, but something else to keep the kids entertained.

9. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    I will help with the trivia and stuff. Not sure about the time though...it looks like it might be 11-4 this year....and is it still at the community center?

10. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Yes on both.

11. atataboy

Apr 10, 2005
    Just sent you a PM with my contact info.

12. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    We're here now, showing A star wars movie on big screen, Costume contest and scavenger hunt to follow with prizes. About 100 people here.

13. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    Actually wound up being maybe 300 just guestimating and it was awesome. Sorry that noone else from our group was able to make it.16 of us went to dinner afterwards and some of us didn't leave until about 8:00. Hopefully they will have it next year when more of us can make it.
    Ry

14. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks for being there to represent the LGA Relin. I'm sorry more of us couldn't make it this year too. Hopefully there'll be more events on the other side of the river soon.

15. atataboy

Apr 10, 2005
    thanks for coming out Thomas! It was a great time. Looking forward to next year. Hopefully tweak the game some more and add plenty. Should be even more spectacular next time. :)

16. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    It was fun, glad we could help.it was priceless to see all the kids so happy we we gave out prizes for the scavenger hunt . I was a judge in a costume contest and that was great too. RC made it possible for the Hoosier Alliance to be a part ,thanks to him too.

17. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    Here is the link for the article the Courier-Journal did on it. http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011310220054

18. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Awesome! Great job everyone!

19. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Next year, RC and myself are going to brainstorm to make this event much MUCH bigger with more games and activities for the kids.

20. jedimaster91

jedimaster91 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    I'm bummed I missed it this year. It ended up being the same day as something I'd already committed to, and I haven't mastered being in two places at once. Sounds like it was fun.