main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Charlestown Star Wars Day

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Relin, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    I can't post the link from my phone but it looks like this will be this Saturday from 11-4.

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks Relin. This is a public event and everyone is invited but it doesn't look like they're looking for Fan Force "back stage" assistance this year. I know the Hoosier Alliance (Fan Force) won't be there and we usually have an invitation extended to us through them but that hasn't happened.
    FYI the IN 501st (Bloodfins) are limiting who "troops"(works) their events so maybe that has something to do with it?
    The link with location and hours is here...
    http://www.cityofcharlestown.com/star-wars-day-2012/
    Mostly kid stuff but good excuse to catch a movie and hang out with other SW fans in a positive setting.
    I'll be there but I'll be trooping showing those Hoosiers how the KY 501st does it :cool:

3. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    I think the Hoosier Alliance is having some issues with people not being able to show up and they are not as active as they would like. I know that they were talking of disbanding on FB, but have since decided against it. Just an FYI.

4. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks for the news. Good to hear they're not disbanding. It's too bad but we all lost a lot of momentum with the board shut down. Hopefully everyone will bounce back. I had PM'd Echo3 a couple of weeks back to see if he was still our Regional head but never heard back.

5. TD3109

TD3109 Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 2012
    Nice to meet you Today JediMika, the entire family had a great time, glad that Louisville/Southern IN. has a larger 501st presence than years back....looking forward to more!
    Obi "Shaun" Kenobi & Karen Tully

jedimika likes this.
  6. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Welcome Shaun and Kelly! Glad you came over to the forums to check us out. I'd really like to see your Tie gear up close some time. I can't believe it when you said it was 15 years old, that's as old as the 501st!
    Hope to see you at the Meet and Eat this Friday or you can make it to one of our other social events...we always have something in the works!

The Charlestown SW Day had more costumes but a slightly smaller crowd than in the past. They're thinking about moving it to a little later in the year next year since there are so many Fall festivals and activities going on this time of year.