main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC cherpumple

Discussion in 'Community' started by tom, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    It's so funny when non-vegans try to preach about protein to vegans... as if vegans don't feed themselves daily and know what their diet entails.

Here, Sami
    http://www.veganhealth.org/articles/protein#table3

* I'm not actually a vegan... pescatarian, here.

thesevegetables likes this.
  2. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    I'm not vegetarian at all. I like meat and have nothing against eating meat. I think it is natural to eat meat, no matter what some vegetarians propagandize. Humans are animals just like dogs. Vegan dog food? There is. Just no. STAHP
    However, I also really like vegetarian/vegan food. Give me real turkey and soy turkey, and I will choose the soy turkey any day - I just think fake meat is yummier than real meat. A lot yummier. Same with milk - almond/rice/coconut/soy over animal milk any day. Yogurt. Etc. I don't feel like I'm being deprived when I eat vegan, because I think vegan tastes better than the "real" stuff most of the time - I'm eating what I want, and it happens to look like an animal but it isn't.

3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Blech, soy turkey.

4. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    i am by no means a vegetarian, but i too think fake meat is num-nums in the tum-tums.

5. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
    IT'S ABSOLUTELY AMAZING, CHEWY AND RUBBERY AND SMOOTH
    Vegan pepperoni is also amazing. Fake bits of vegan fat, even!

6. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    You better not like fake bacon. Tastes like Band-Aids.

AAAAAH likes this.
  7. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
    Not enough fake muscle and too much fake fat for my preferences. Fake ground beef is the best. The first time I had a taste of Morningstar Farms' crumbles, I thought I was actually eating real ground beef. Well-seasoned, excellently textured ground beef. It was only later that I looked at the package and saw "vegetarian" written in small print.

8. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    depends on how it's cooked, and what brand it is (I prefer Boca to Morningstar).

If you know how to cook tofu... I mean, if you know which spices to use, and how to cook it correctly, it's amazing.

9. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Tofu itself is fine. Most imitation meat concoctions are awful.

10. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
    I like fake meat more than tofu. I'm weird, I know.

11. Bender666

Bender666 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    I'm on a pure igneous diet. It has fewer calories than an Atkins diet and is richer in minerals. I can **** diamonds!

12. AAAAAH

Nov 8, 2012
    i'm on a pure ingenious diet. no one has ever done it before. today i ate a tire, a garter snake, and a first aid kit!

13. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I think it's hilarious that a thread about a twenty-five-thousand calorie desert has turned into this discussion.

14. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    as soon as i am rich enough to hire a personal chef i am going to live on a diet of nothing but bacon-wrapped cherpumples.

15. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
    I know a guy on paleo. He first started it because he needed to lose 3 pounds in a week for a sporting competition. He now plans to follow the paleo diet for the rest of his life. When we have meetings together, everyone's food requirements are catered to...gluten-free pizza, vegetarian options, etc. This guy came to the last meeting to find an entire bag of pistachios on his plate (because paleo means no Haagen-Dazs, pizza, etc.). Unfortunately, he is allergic to pistachios. Had to eat raw bell peppers and fennel for dinner.

16. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    "Paleo" is an appropriate name for the diet because it requires that you have the intelligence of a caveman.

17. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    mmmmm haagen dazs pizza

18. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    I don't think it's the only appropriate diet for humans and sure paleo nuts can be pretty nutty, but I don't actually think you need intelligence deficiency to find merit in cutting out refined starches and processed foods?

19. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Well, to be fair I'd say that of any fad diet.

20. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Thats...the most impressive thing i have ever seen.

21. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Caveman Power Diet

The mild state of fight or flight you will experience activates your animal insincts for hunting and gathering, which makes you energetic. As you progress through the diet you will notice this energy boost actually increasing.

It's a manleh fad diet

22. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Oh geez is that Papyrus?

23. AAAAAH

Nov 8, 2012
    you will be more healthier, which will become evident when you look at yourself in the mirror.

24. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
    But seriously, cutting out quinoa? Potatoes? Brown rice? These are whole foods. They are healthy, although they contain starch. I'm pretty sure actual cavemen filled up on starch and sugar when they could get it.

I have a big problem with gluten-free because of why people do it. Sure, there is a small percentage of people who actually medically can't stomach (literally) gluten. But all the celebrites suddently became gluten-free in 2010. I know that everybody, teens to seniors, did not all become gluten intolerant in 2010 because biologically everybody of vastly differing populations are not all going to develop the same condition in the same year. People think that gluten-free is healthier and will help them lose weight. That's not true. Gluten-free cookies/pizza etc. are just as processed and have as many calories as normal cookies/pizza/etc. - it won't help you lose weight simply by cutting out gluten. And sure, a lot of people cut out gluten for a week and post online blogs about how great they feel, how energized, clear - yeah, but that's how you feel when you cut out basically anything. You will feel energized etc. after a week without sugar. A week without carbs. A week without meat. A week without eating. Gluten isn't special - the effects are not unique. Cut out anything else.
    And if you all actually are biologically unable to tolerate gluten, you wouldn't have all, millions of you, suddently become intolerant in 2010, at different ages, diets, etc. Statistically unacceptable.

25. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
    Have you heard of the ABC diet? Eat food that start with A on the first day, B on the second...have fun at X.