main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Chewy's Angels: Sacul's Goofy idea for a Fanfilm parody trailer.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by sacul-1138, Apr 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    Pretty simple really.

CHEWY'S ANGELS (Trailer only)

Starts off with the little speaker phone.

Chewy howling (talking) with subtitles. (*also thought it would be funny to have Chewy howl something out and the subtitles would go on for a minute as if he said something really long in one howl..ala Wayne's world)

Then just copy one of the Charlie's Angels trailers from there.

*think about three Jedi chicks fighting Boba Fett (Like that fight in the alley) and all the other Star wars Characters too. lots of slow mo action and all that.

Naturally there would be some shots from the charlies angels trailer that we couldn't do (or do well) ...like jumping from a plane and all that. But I think the rest would be pretty easy.

Auntie would be good for Cameron Diaz's role and I might have the right person in mind for Lucy Liu's too.

Just a thought, figured it might be a good project for our Fanforce that would be fun too. and since it looks like we have some people in and around our area that are interested in doing fanfilms...plus if the 501st is willing to help out.

We could make it a long project and just shoot when we can or maybe even shoot it in one weekend (maybe).

Any one interested?

2. Jeremyguy

Jeremyguy Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1998
    That sounds cool. As you know, a few of us have some related experience - crutag with his film, pacman's digital video stuff at school, and me doing some post-production audio work at school.

My only hitch is that once school's over, I won't have access to the kind of software & facilities used for doing sound effects & dialogue replacement stuff.

I like your idea, though!

3. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    I might have access to the public access stations equipment soon too, so this might help.

They have a class to get on board which I can do which would also give us access to thier studio for shooting, it's small but we could possibly set it up for blue screen effects too. Need to look more into that again.

And I have some friends who can draw up the story boards and I might have the connection to get some costumes made.

My brother-in-law does SFX makeup too so he could help out. (I'll make him)

4. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    I am always willing to offer what recourses and talents I have.

5. pacman

pacman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2002
    I'm game, sounds like fun! Sacul, could you PM with some info on the public access station? I'm working on a project now that will require some studio stuff. Thanks

6. Elvish_Jedi

Elvish_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2002
    i'll be in, if you can find somethin' for me to do.

7. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    (Dang, I posted here last night, but it's not there??)

Anyway, it sounds really cool sacul! I love it! :D

8. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    I'm sure there's a part for everyone Elfish.

Even if we don't do this project I still think it would be great fun for our fanforce to make a film.

We certainly have the resources between all of us to make one I'd think.

I'll head to the public access station this week and see what they have to offer as well.

9. fn_clone

fn_clone Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    If you didnt notice, I just joined the board a few days ago and came across this while meandering around the forum. The idea sounds pretty cool, just wondering if anything ever came of it? or if it's in work? About using the public access equipment, dont you just have to take a class of theirs, and then you can loan any of the equipment you want for a certain period of time?

10. Jeremyguy

Jeremyguy Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1998
    I used the public access station in Roseville several years ago when I was just getting out of high school. That was basically the drill: take their class for a couple weeks, then you could check out their equipment and use their editing bays & studio. I've been off their list for years, though...and it probably wouldn't be too difficult to top their quality with a home computer setup these days, anyway.

11. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    i checked into and I'm on the list, but they didn't have a current schedule for classes when I was there (guy was on Vac)

But I'm going back this week so I should have more info then.

Been thinking about some scenes too.

12. Rattak_Sal-Solo

Rattak_Sal-Solo Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    I'm interested, plus I have access to a DV camera, plus I know a guy who has a Mac editing program and is pretty good with it. I got really inspired by all the fan films shown at Celebration 2, and I want to make one really bad. I think it's a cool idea, and would be really funny.

13. fn_clone

fn_clone Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    well, i also have a dv camcorder along w/ adobe premiere, after effects and all that other jazz. The only thing i'm really missing is a good sound recording device so i could record the sound independently of the video.

14. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Lets talk about this at greater detail at our next fan force meeting. I think some great potential can come from this.

15. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    Wow cool, who would have thunk one of my crazy ideas would ever pan out?

I've been thinking about some cool ideas for this still.

I was thinking of Cameo's for the party they go to in the Charlie's Angel Movie.

We could litter the background with Star Wars and movie types

Jay and Silent Bob
    Pimp Lando
    The Comic Book Store Guy from the Simpsons
    LDV has a life size Jar jar.
    Maybe make a Ig-88 head and put that up so he looks like he's there.
    and we need a bartender like the one from the Cantina. (I forget his name)

etc etc etc

The one thing I think would be trouble is that we can't do those wire tricks (IE: flying over fences and stuff.) but I'm sure it can be worked out in some way.

16. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    I am game for this. This might get us a tour at ILM!!!!! NOT!!! can't blame me for dreaming :D

17. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    That's cool sacul! I like the idea of splicing in scenes from the movie too (like worked so well in American Jedi, the fan film). It's very clever.

18. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    "This might get us a tour at ILM"

Oh well get that tour, but I doubt Chewy's Angels will get us in the door.
    muhahahahahaha

Remember kids where there's a Sith there's a way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.