main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary chinese ep.2 figures accidently get sent to frederick, md toys r us!!!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jawa78, Apr 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jawa78

Jawa78 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    a few toys r us stores in maryland have gotten in different variations of certain figures that they weren't supposed to get. These figures have small cardboard backgrounds inside the packaging and were supposed to be sold in china only but somehow got shipped to the u.s.! The guy who manages the toys r us in frederick told me that they were gonna go fast and get them while i could. At first i thought he was joking but they had a few signs up pointing out that indeed there was a goof up and they got the wrong figures. The ones with the background that they had were the main ones (anakin, padme, obi-wan, 3po, r2, and jango)i picked up the ones with the background and just to make sure i went to wal-mart and they had all the figures...without the cardboard thingy (toys r us had both versions though)so go to your local toys r us and check on this or make a trip to frederick because they are not supposed to be sold in the u.s. but accidently got shipped here!

2. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    You need to go buy them and hold onto them. They are the one's that jump up in value.

3. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    The background figures can be found in most of the stores. I think they were gonna be released in the US, but they ended up being too expensive to create, so they started leaving them out. But the stores that got shipment early, got the figures with the background. Still, they are rarer to find.

4. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I have three that have the background card. Anakin Peasant disguise, Tusken Female and child, and Captain Typho! Woo Hoo!! I got them at the TRU in Columbia. Going back this week to see if there are any more.

5. Fipe_Naz-mero

Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    "Hey I found one!"

My friends:
    Here in California MD, I found them too. Weird, right? Well I got Anakin and Obi-Wan. And they were at good price (5.99). Also the Mace Windu figure (the action one), Darth Tyranus, and Obi-Wan figures are also at special price (8.99). I don't know the price up there, but I found it comfortable, even though they can be lower. And I made the collection of all three important people in Luke Skywalker's life: Yoda, Obi-Wan and Anakin.

Also, K-mart is doing a giveaway of life size replicas of C3PO and R2D2 Carboards. You get a Scratch COLLECTIBLE Card, let me say that again... a scrath COLLECTIBLE card. Yes, so think about this. If you want to buy some figure, buy one, then the other, then the other...and you can collect all of them. I got two so far. I got $2.00 off on any Star Wars Lego set. And I'll be back for those so I can try again and again and again.

Well, that's all for now.

May the Force be with you... always.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    CHARM CITY COUNCIL FORUM
    CALIFORNIA MD

6. Ca-Bal_Sirrah

Ca-Bal_Sirrah Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    Today, I went to the Toys'r'Us in Golden Ring. I found 12 of the figures with the scenery background card. They are:
    Captain Typho
    Plo Koon arena battle
    Super Battle Droid
    Kit Fisto
    R2-D2 Coruscant sentry
    Battle Droid arena battle
    C3PO
    Jango Fett Kamino escape
    Obi-Wan Coruscant chase
    Padme arena escape
    Shaak Ti
    and Tusken Raider with child
    I believe they still had multiples of each. Their was also a very limited selection at White Marsh Target

7. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    Yeah, the Columbia TRU has a ton of carded figures. They DON'T have any Yodas, Clonetroopers, or Count Dookus though!! :mad:

8. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I found a lot of clonetroopers at the TRU near the Glen Burnie DMV. But, I can't find anymore Yodas or Dookus.

9. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    If anyone needs Luminara Unduli, a figure I've heard is becoming hard to find, check out the Toy Works in Bel Air at the Festival Shopping Center. They had at least 20 a day or so ago. They also had many Taun We's as well.

10. Ara-Gorn_Sirrah

Ara-Gorn_Sirrah Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    Hi all!

TRU on Rt.40 West (1 mile outside of the Balto. beltway) has alot of figures with the card backdrops. In fact they have posted bright green signs alerting collectors to this fact. I reckon they won't last too much longer with advertising like that.
    I'm certain there weren't ANY R2-D2's with backdrops, nor Battle Droids. They had 2 Plo Koon's with backdrops, but one package was slightly damaged.
    No Yodas or Dooku's.
    Anybody finding these two anywhere?

I'm hoping to check a local K-mart (& get my scratch-off!) and possibly another TRU and/or Target tonight. Will report ASAP if anyone's interested.

Hey, Ca-Bal! Wassaabbe?! Finally got your password, I see. ;)

11. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I am so pissed that two of the main characters from AOTC are already rare action figures a little more than a week of hitting the stores. That's totally ridiculous.

12. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    I know DS, That's what I've been thinking also. Why would they only ship out a few of the most important figures in the movie??? Makes no sense at all.

What would all these Spiderman toy customers say if they just shipped out everything but Spiderman and the green goblin, which they have not, that I can assure you!! I can't walk two feet without bumping into Spiderman toys at a toy store.

Any way, I just went to Kay Bee toys online and got the Anakin Hangar duel, Clonetrooper and Zam figure, which I couldn't find anywhere else. If any of you guys bought extras of these to give to me at the meeting I'll still buy them from ya!!

I saw the Luminara Unduli and Taun We at the Columbia TRU when I went there last weekend, but I didn't pick them up because I didn't think they would be that popular. Needless to say that when I went back yesterday, there were none to be found.

13. Ara-Gorn_Sirrah

Apr 30, 2002
    The Star Wars entrepreneurial (sp?) spirit is alive and well... If you don't want to bother going to K-mart for the scratch-off game, people are selling sets of them on eBay...

Not to mention the figures we're all having trouble in locating... Big surprise, huh? ;)

14. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    IMO, Spiderman's marketing strategy is too far over the top and is making the same mistake that TPM did.

15. Ara-Gorn_Sirrah

Apr 30, 2002
    Entertainment Earth claims to still have full sets of the Preview figures for sale & other 'collections' of EpII figures, incl. this:http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS84861CC&variation=&lg=1
    * Luminara
    * Jar Jar
    * Nikto - Jedi Knight
    * Royal Guard
    * Saesee Tin
    * Taun We

I'd double check if you decide to go this route though. There's disclaimer "(subject to change)". Price is $59.99

Photos of figures do not indicate presence of the backdrop inserts though. [face_plain]

16. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    Yeah, it just irks me when people go around and grab up all the popular figures and turn around and sell them on ebay for $100 and up. If going to ebay and buying a Yoda or Dooku is my only option, then I guess I won't be having those figures then. There's no way I'm paying that much for a piece of plastic. I don't collect Star Wars toys in the hopes that I will be able to sell them one day. A true fan doesn't sell their prize possessions ya know. I'm keeping every one of em and passing them on to my children and then to theirs. I guess you could say they are my heirlooms. :D

Plus I love playing with my ::cough:: ::Cough:: Action figures!!

[image=http://mywebpages.comcast.net/stang515013/spaceballs_large_13.jpg]

17. Ara-Gorn_Sirrah

Apr 30, 2002
    Amen!
    [ROTFL]
    DH, you roll my chops! :D
    I needed a good laugh today, thanks!

18. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, I don't collect the figures for profit. For me, it's the joy of obtaining them. It's like an Indiana Jones dig. Actually, now that I think about it, the Indiana Jones movies can be a symbol the struggle between collectors and scalpers. The scalpers want the artifacts to sell them, but Dr. Jones feels they "belong in a museum."

19. Bria-Tharen

Bria-Tharen Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2002
    Ooh Shaak Ti! I must must MUST have her! Unfortunately, I have no car :( Anyone that has access to her willing to negotiate???

20. C_3PO

C_3PO Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2001
    A couple of the figs I got at TRU in Baileys, VA have a cardboard background in them, of the Geonosian Arena i think. am I to understand that these are Chinese, or rare or valuble or something?! BTW, how the hell do you spell valueble? Did I get it right?

21. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Basically, they're harder to get because Hasbro discontinued the insert. So, yes, they are more rare. But I don't know if they're worth anything.

22. C_3PO

C_3PO Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2001
    Cool! It's a good thing I didn't damage the package too much pullin the figs out the bottom!

23. Ara-Gorn_Sirrah

Apr 30, 2002
    Found Sneak Preview figs (all four) at K.B. Toyworks in Westminster on Sunday. Packages looked to be C-8 to C-9 condition, too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.