main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA CHOC WALK

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by han-shot-first, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    Alrighty folks! I'm posting for CHOC so that we've got plenty of time to plan and raise the money so that as many people can do this as possible that want to go. I think we should all posts ideas on how to raise money for this fine charity. I'm going to be putting these up in all the Starbucks and wherever else I can. I'll be posting more ideas later.

I've made up this flyer. The color here is pretty bad I know, as it's a scan and my printer was low on ink. It looks alot better in person I promise. If anyone wants this to be able to pass out or email to other people, I can email this to you as it looks really good, or at least I think it does. PM me your email address and i'll send it to you.

Let's make this a really big turnout for our group. If you've never done this event, you're in for a real treat as you'll totally love this! You only need to raise $50 to walk and get you get a t-shirt + pin and discounted ticket for the park if you go on that day. I'll be posting all the prize levels when they're up on the website. If you work this smart as Kari has for the past couple of years, you can get a free ticket to the park that you can use on SWFD for next year! I'd like to see as many of you as possible there. We can do this BIG!

Sheila + I will do whatever we can to help, as I think the rest of you will too, as in sharing the cost to make it so that we all get to go. This means car pooling (share gas cost) or hotel rooms (share cost). We can pack it in! Make this a priority folks and you'll never forget it. All updates to follow on this thread, so make sure you keep up as there's some vital info that you'll need to participate. ROCK + ROLL FOLKS! THE IEFF RULES!!!

[image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/choc002.jpg]

2. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    My job makes for a great place to raise money. Last year, I put a bucket up and gave kids a Gobbstopper for each donation. All those nickles, pennies and dimes really added up!

While going through my cabinets at work at school's end, I came across a bug bucket of all sorts of book marks. Most are from different Comic-Cons. I'm going to add those to the mix, but for .25 each. I give candy even for pennies. The students ended up donating somewhere around $200 last year. It's amazing!

3. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    I just got an e-mail to remind me to save the date and to say registeration is coming soon.
    How soon is soon?!

Kari (I think) had mentioned doing a yard sale. When would you want to that?
    I have a lot of old clothes that are in good shape that could be sold.

4. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    Online registration is available for CHOC WALK!!! [face_dancing]

5. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Yea!!!

CHOC Walk registration. It's $50 to register and we need to have 6 registered people to form a team. Please post here once you're able to do that and as soon as we have enough of us, we'll get the "team" registered. It's going to be a week or two before I can do it, but should be done before the end of August.

6. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    In my excitement I immediately called Mike and he said he would register the team as soon as he got home and post when he has finished so we can register. Hooray!!

[face_dancing]

7. delta_1138

delta_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2006
    I'll be registering as soon as Mike gives the go-ahead.

8. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Wahoooooo! I will be making a quick phone call in the morning over to CHOC, as I had a couple of questions in regards to signing up our team. I promise to post back here when the team is set up online which should be by 10 am tomorrow. They've changed a few things that I wanted to get clarification on. So until then, hold tight! [face_dancing] :D

Let's make this a really big turnout for our group. If you've never done this event, you're in for a real treat as you'll totally love this! You only need to raise $50 to walk and get you get a t-shirt and a discounted ticket for the park good through Nov 14th. If you work this smart as Kari has for the past couple of years, you can get a free ticket to the park that you can use on SWFD for next year! I'd like to see as many of you as possible there. We can do this BIG!

Sheila + I will do whatever we can to help, as I think the rest of you will too, as in sharing the cost to make it so that we all get to go. This means car pooling (share gas cost) or hotel rooms (share cost). We can pack it in! Make this a priority folks and you'll never forget it. All updates to follow on this thread, so make sure you keep up as there's some vital info that you'll need to participate. ROCK + ROLL FOLKS! THE IEFF RULES!!!

9. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Is it 10:00 am yet???

[face_dancing]

10. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    We're offically set up! Wahoo! =D= [face_dancing]

Go here to sign up: http://www.chocwalk.net/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=314791&lis=1&kntae314791=35F405A5B53744529D9345ED573FF7D6

Click on the Register Here button on the top middle of the page. You'll be asked to click the I Agree button. When the new window opens, click onto Join a Team. From there you'll click onto our team which is Inland Empire Fanforce...Duh!:D

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to pay for parking?
    Parking is available in the Mickey and Friends parking structure at no charge. The lot will be open at 5:00 A.M.

Where do I park?
    Parking is available in the Mickey & Friends parking structure beginning at 5:00 A.M.

What time does the Walk start?
    Opening ceremonies begin at 7:00 A.M. on Main Street U.S.A. The Walk will start promptly at 7:15 A.M. No one may begin the Walk after 8:45 A.M. Walkers arriving after 8:15 A.M. will only be allowed entry into Disney's California Adventure® Park

How long is the walk in terms of miles?
    Every year the distance varies slightly because Disney® changes the experience from year to year, but it averages 3 miles or 5k.

Does Walk Registration include a day in the Park?
    Walk registration is for the CHOC Walk only. The Disneyland® Resort offers registered Walkers a specially priced $61 1-day Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper ticket to return to Disneyland® Park and Disney's California Adventure® Park (valid October 18 through November 14, 2009). You may purchase up to five tickets on the Walk day only and must present your Walk wristband at the Disneyland® Resort Ticket Booth located in Disneyland®. Restrictions apply - visit a ticket booth at Disneyland® Resort for further details.

How Do I Get My Walk T-shirt and Wristband?
    The week leading up to the day of the Walk, CHOC sets up a temporary Walk Office, hosted at Kia Motors America; located at 111 Peters Canyon Road, Irvine, California. Walkers are required to "Check-In" in order turn in cash and checks as well as pick up their Walk Wristband (for entry) and Official CHOC Walk T-shirt. Please refer to the check-in calendar for times and locations to turn in money, pick-up wristbands and walk t-shirts. Prizes will be sent to participants home via US Mail from December 1 through December 20 including Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® tickets. Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper tickets are valid for one year (October 18, 2009 through November 14, 2010).

Can I rent a wheelchair or stroller?
    Strollers and wheelchairs will not be available for rental from Disneyland® Resort. Personal strollers and wheelchairs are allowed.

Can I bring my pet?
    Sorry, but animals (except service dogs) are not allowed.

Can I use a skateboard or other vehicle?
    Sorry, roller skates, bicycles, scooters and skateboards are not allowed.

What is the minimum I need to raise in order to participate in the walk?
    In order to help CHOC Children's reach its goal of providing quality healthcare to the community, a $50 minimum donation is required at the time of online registration. In order to help Walkers reach the minimum pledge, we now accept, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Debit Card and Online Check Payment (ACH).

What is the age limit for children to walk for free?
    Children two and under are free and do not require a Walk wristband. Children three and over are required to raise a minimum of $50 to participate in the CHOC Walk.

Can I still collect sponsorship money in cash or checks?
    Yes. Walkers are required to post all offline cash and check collected to their account via the new "Pledge" feature located in My HQ. Bring all cash and checks collected to Check-in and a volunteer will confirm your offline donations.

If I want to sponsor by check, who do I make the check out to?
    Please make checks payable to: CHOC or CHOC Foundation. NEW THIS YEAR!!!! We now accept Online Checks (ACH).

11. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    WOO HOO!! [face_dancing]

Will you be looking into getting a hotel room for this???

12. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Absolutely! Will be looking into that over the weekend. Will post ASAP!:D

FYI...On the FAQ I wrote above, disregard the part of where to pick up the wristbands and t-shirts as I'll be collecting money from everyone who has cash or checks and will pick up the groups t-shirts and prizes and give it to them the day before CHOC. :)

Here's the prize levels for your most appreciated donations:

$50 - $149 CHOC Walk in the Park Wristband, Official CHOC Walk in the Park T-shirt

($150 - $349 One lucky winner will truly experience the Magic of Disney® like never before! Upon raising $150, you'll be entered in the Disneyland® Resort Dream Suite Drawing! You and three guests will enjoy a one night stay in the Disneyland® Dream Suite located inside Disneyland® Park. This magical room is not available at any price! You will also enjoy complimentary admission for four to Disneyland® Park and Disney's California Adventure® Park for two days and dinner at the Blue Bayou (available dates are 10/25/2009, 11/7/2009 or 12/12/2009). Based upon availability and subject to change. At least one member of the party must be age 21 or over to win. Please see official rules for additional details.)

$150 - $349 CHOC Walk in the Park Wristband, Official CHOC Walk in the Park T-shirt, Official CHOC Walk in the Park Commemorative Lapel Pin, Gift Card TBA, Entry in the Disneyland® Resort Dream Suite Drawing

$350 - $549 CHOC Walk in the Park Wristband, Official CHOC Walk in the Park T-shirt, Official CHOC Walk in the Park Commemorative Lapel Pin, Entry in the Disneyland® Resort Dream Suite Drawing, Gift Card (TBA), One Disneyland® Resort 1-Day Park Hopper® Ticket

$550 - $849 CHOC Walk in the Park Wristband, Official CHOC Walk in the Park T-shirt, Official CHOC Walk in the Park Commemorative Lapel Pin, Entry in the Disneyland® Resort Dream Suite Drawing, Gift Card (TBA), Two Disneyland® Resort 1-Day Park Hopper® Ticket

$850 - $1599 CHOC Walk in the Park Wristband, Official CHOC Walk in the Park T-shirt, Official CHOC Walk in the Park Commemorative Lapel Pin, Entry in the Disneyland® Resort Dream Suite Drawing, Gift Card (TBA), Two Disneyland® Resort 1-Day Park Hopper® Ticket, ASICS Shoes Gift Certificate, Vera Bradley Silk Scarf from the Charming Shoppe in Orange

$1600 - $3499 CHOC Walk in the Park Wristband, Official CHOC Walk in the Park T-shirt, Official CHOC Walk in the Park Commemorative Lapel Pin, Entry in the Disneyland® Resort Dream Suite Drawing, Gift Card (TBA), Two Disneyland® Resort 1-Day Park Hopper® Ticket, ASICS Shoes Gift Certificate, Vera Bradley Silk Scarf from the Charming Shoppe in Orange, $100 Gift Card (TBA), $2 Gift Certificate for Baskins Robbins Ice Cream

$3500 CHOC Walk in the Park Wristband, Official CHOC Walk in the Park T-shirt, Official CHOC Walk in the Park Commemorative Lapel Pin, Entry in the Disneyland® Resort Dream Suite Drawing, Gift Card (TBA), Two Disneyland® Resort 1-Day Park Hopper® Ticket, ASICS Shoes Gift Certificate, Vera Bradley Silk Scarf from the Charming Shoppe in Orange, $100 Gift Card (TBA), $2 Gift Certificate for Baskins Robbins Ice Cream, Anne Geddes Key Chain, $250 Gift Card (TBA)

13. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    I am registered! Yay! :D

14. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    =D= Awesome!

Okay folks, this is truly a great event to attend and for an awesome cause! PM Myself or Kari, Nikol, Sonya, Sandy and we'll all tell you how fun and awesome this is! You get free swag for walking and memories that will be with you forever. We raised $1151.00 last year and we were ranked #250 in 2007 and moved up to #177 in 2008 from over a thousand teams. Lets beat these numbers once again...we can do it! RA RA RA!!![face_dancing]

This is a great oppotunity for us to make this our biggest year yet! We've gotten more donations and raised more money each year we do this. I'd like to see as many people at this as possible. We'll do our part to help out as will other folks in regards to sharing a room to save on cost of the hotel the night before (which is also part of the fun). Ridesharing, you name it we want you there!

For all those who haven't done this, you're in for a real treat as this is truly something you'll want to do each year and look forward to. Could anyone who has done CHOC, please post your thoughts and experiences for the new folks who haven't walked! This is our big one folks and we need all of you that can go to join us and be part of something really great and oh yeah...FUN!

IEFF ROCKS!!!!!=D= [face_dancing]

15. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Got our room reserved. I wanted to get it where we started it all. That would be at the Quality Inn Maingate on Harbor only 1 mile up the road from Disneyland![face_dancing]

I got a great rate of only $60 which is cheap! So we've got an extra queen bed and room for a blow up matress and sleeping bags. First come first serve on the extra bed. The more we can get in here the better the savings on the room for all!:)

16. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    Thanks so much for taking care of this fearless leader! You rock!
    We'll definitely be coming! If someone's need for a bed outweighs ours,
    we can sleep on the floor.

17. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Please count me in as a roomie..... so long as the rest of the occupants plan on getting some sleep. No giggling and chatting all night. Yep, I'm just a grumpy old woman! :D

18. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Guess I forgot that you have to pay $50 upfront to register...darn it. :oops:

19. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    We'll glady hold your spot for you[:D]

20. delta_1138

Aug 17, 2006
    I also forgot about that fee. And my lack of a credit card.

21. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Isn't that what Dad's for??? (don't tell him I said that) :D

22. delta_1138

Aug 17, 2006
    Not at the moment.

23. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    If you give me your money, i'll register for you.:)

24. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Unfortunately, we're not going to be able to go this year. I can't justify spending $100 just to be able for the two of us to walk, not even get into the park afterward, which we'd have to drop more money to do, plus food, plus hotel the night before. We just signed up with a debt consolidation program, and I need to make sure we have the money there to pay that. I'm really sorry we won't be able to be there with you guys, but I really need to prioritize the use of that kind of money.

25. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Totally understandable. Have you thought about getting donations? Is that possible with you as in your circle of influence? I ask because Sheila and Dane (our nephew) have always gotten donations so that nothing was out of pocket.

We've got a hotel room already which would only be $15 for you after we split the cost. Another $20 for breakfast, $15 for gas, so your real cost to do this would be about $50.

Again I know money is tight but if the money to walk was raised and it only cost you $50, would that make it to where you could go? We'd love to have you as you already know.[:D]

We want everyone who can make this to come! Start putting in email requests with the link to CHOC so that people can see what you're doing. Talk to everyone you know, sell some stuff you don't need, talk with your neighbors, etc etc etc, as you get my point.

This event should never put anybody out. We don't want to put ourselves in a bind to do this charity walk. With my donation, I save my cans + Plastic for the year and that pays my donation. Sheila gets hers by emails she sends out and Dane has his Mom get donations at her work.

Yes there is a cost of hotel, food, gas but that is minimal when the cost is shared with others. My intention here is not to guilt anyone into this, rather show you a way that you CAN make this happen if you choose to.:) [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.