main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

W.VA CIII room booking

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedi_master_sal, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Hello folks, I wanted to invite you folks to book your rooms along with us. I'm coordinating this for Pittsburgh. Cleveland is considering doing this with us as well. The 2 biggest reasons are such:
    1)We all can have fun together without having to trot about to different hotels.
    2) We can SAVE MONEY!

Basically the rooms I'm able to book the cheaper the rates. There are at least 6 rooms for Pittsburgh, I'm estimating 4 or more for Cleveland. As long as I hit the 10 room minimum, I start getting a better deal. With you folks along, this would help to solidify the lower rates and you can take advantage of the lower rates as well.

please give this some consideration.

I would need a preliminary list of people going and how many rooms you need by April 19 (one week from today), but you can cancel all the way up until August 31st. After that time, the reservations will be set.

Ithorian, since your CR, please coordinate this on your end should the group decide to do this with us. If so, please PM me that list.

I truly hope you join us. We're looking forward to having a strong FanForce presence and it would be UBER-cool to take a floor or two of a hotel.

BTW, the hotel I'm booking with IS directly connected to the convention center in Indy. So no walking!

LMK,
    -Sal

2. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    LOL So as I post in your forums you post in ours, this must mean we are ment to do this! Im totally up for it!! Ithorian?

3. Ithorian

Ithorian Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2000
    ABSO-FRIGGIN'-LUTELY!!! :D

And yes, I would concur, we would probably only be looking at two rooms. But since we need to get a head count, we need to spread the word. We can either have a meeting and have people confirm there, or we can do this online.

What do you say, folks?

4. -Fettish-

-Fettish- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    I am definitly going to CIII!!! But will let you gentlemen handle the hotel stuff as you all know more about it than me...

:)
    -Fettish

5. Dark-Wolf

Dark-Wolf Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2004
    Sign me up as well! Just tell me roughly how much it costs and Ill be there! =P

6. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Right now all indications are that rooms will be $130-160 per night. Your amount will be determined by how many people share the room over 5 nights. (Unless you want your own room then it's $130-160 x5.)

I'll leave it to Ithorian to give me a tentative list. We in Pittsburgh are planning on booking rooms on April 20th, but these rooms are not at the discounted price YET. This is just a precaution, in the unlikely event the world goes awry and we can't book the "cheap" rooms. Begining the first week of Sept I will book the discounted rooms and cancel the other rooms. Again, just being prudent. Of course I will check before making reservations as to what penalties may be incurred if any for cancelling or switching the booking.

Once those rooms have been set and cancellation procedures given, I will post how many rooms, where at and when up until you are allowed to cancel your reservation without penalty.

For now, I have set the tentative date for deadline of submission of cancellation of reservation for Sept 1st. Should I find that we have more time than that to cancel without penalty, that again will be posted.

Sorry, so lengthy, just trying to cover all bases here.

Any questions please feel free to post them or PM me.

I am checking yours, Cleveland's and of course my (Pittsburgh's) boards, on a regular basis, with special regards to the booking of rooms for CIII.

7. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    As some of you know, I'm organizing rooms for CIII for my group (Pittsburgh FF). I've invited you folks as well as the Cleveland, OH FF, to join us in booking rooms so that we may receive a group rate.

We meet the criteria with 12 rooms between our 3 cities and there is good news regarding these rates.

I will need to hold a brief meeting (5-10 minutes) with those going to CIII and booking with our group, at the Pittsburgh Comicon. Details will not be given on the boards. (You'll find out why at Comicon)

Those not attending comicon, please ask Ithorian for this info when he returns from Comicon.

I will ask that when this information is given, for it NOT to be posted on either the message boards or your website. (Again, you will know once I meet with you)

Thanks for your patience,
    -Sal

8. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    This message will self-destruct in 10 seconds....

;)

9. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
  10. -Fettish-

-Fettish- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2.............ONE

Uh....where is the ka-boom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering KA-BOOM!!!

-Fettish *is disappointed*

;) LOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.