main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

W.VA CIII

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Raptor, Mar 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    Fixed the image permission issue.

I like the second badge as well! We will be the envy of a few badges, but the first designs is a core design that alot of FanForce's will probably use.

Rap

2. -Fettish-

-Fettish- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    PRETTY, PRETTY, PRETTY....

Er....wait....nevermind....

It's COOL! :p

3. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    What I'm trying to figure out right now is if I should bring my Video Camera. Im sure we can tape outside and in the hallways, but it's not allowed during pannels, shows, art displays, etc. So to tape? Or just be happy with stills? (Note my still camera can take small quicktime movies with sound, but its no where close at all to my DV camera). One bonus to not taping is there is less equipment to have to carry around I guess :)

CIII is SO CLOSE!

Rap

4. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    I vote for teh camera lol...so that when i finally meet you guys i can see the greatness of CIII.

but thats just me.

5. BIGMAC

BIGMAC Jedi Master star 1

Jan 15, 2004
    Rap,I received an e-mail from Jeanette at Gencon who said that video cameras ARE allowed but will be restricted at some events.Is this policy that was carried over from CII?I'll probably still take my camera and video what I can.If you would like we can each make copies and trade after we get back from the show.Closest Motel I could get was the Radisson about 3 blocks away.Don't know room/phone numbers yet but will let you all know when I do.I won't be able to leave here until Thursday afternoon/evening, 2 of us in the group have to work on Thursday morning.Fettish and I have e-mailed back and forth and she said to post on the boards here to keep in contact with everyone.Hope too see everyone there.Only 9 more days left!!!

6. Ithorian

Ithorian Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2000
    Hey, Mike, good to hear from you! :)

Yeah, if I recall correctly, that was the policy at CII. So I'll be bringing my DV cam down for at least one day (probably a day I don't wear the outfit). My still camera is just TOO out of date to take solid pics.

Woohoo! Only 8 days until we're in Indy! Can you feel it????????????????????/ :p

7. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    Hey Mike, good to hear from you! Ive decided I am going to bring my video camera, but not sure how much actual footage Im going to take. The policy this year is pretty much like CII's was. I was on the phone today with GenCon and they pretty much verified that, which is fine.

Mike, we should exchange cell phone info (via email or PMs) so we can be sure we are able to hook up!

CIII is soooooo close!!!!

Rap

8. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    My camera is stupid!!! It's a digital, but it is VERY touchy and doesn't like me much... :(

The camera and I have serious issues...

:p

9. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    So what's our time we meetup at the middletown mall? Also any new info on our transportation issue? We can fit everyone into the one car, but not all of our bags.

10. BIGMAC

BIGMAC Jedi Master star 1

Jan 15, 2004
    Rap,sorry but I'm still living in the 20th century and don't have a cell phone.I'll pm/e-mail you the address to the Radisson Hotel and the phone number,you can leave a message for me at the desk and I'll call as soon as I arrive.I too am bringing my digital camera and 3 SB cards,plus my camcorder.Lots of picture taking to do I have.---Mike

11. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Don't feel bad, I don't have a cell phone either!

:p

12. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Here it is folks, the directions for the Great C3 Caravan!

One cool bit of news too, one of the Columbus FF members (Chris Spears aka lazer310) will meet us at the stop on Wednesday to greet us! he will be meeting the Pittsburgh group at or close to 9:30 am. For those who may be coming later, contact lazer310 @ http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=239876 (his profile where you can PM him, if you want him to meet you as well.

From Pittsburgh:
    Leaving from the Waterfront, go to 376W to 279S to 79S to 70W
    We will be on 70W for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Take the 91B exit which is approx 2-3 west of Columbus.
    This exit road will bear to the right. Go two stops lights until we see Wal*Mart. This is our stop. There are plenty of gas stations and places to eat here as I'm told by Chris.

From Cleveland:
    71S to 270W to 70W to EXIT 91B
    This exit road will bear to the right. Go two stops lights until we see Wal*Mart. This is our stop. There are plenty of gas stations and places to eat here as I'm told by Chris.

From WV:
    Your choice where to start but I'm told by Chris (he had a relative in WV) to take:
    60N to 70W to EXIT 91B

This is to Columbus only (after that it's a straight shot to Indy.)

For those of us staying next to the Convention Center in one of the connected hotels, here is a link to Mapquest for a more detailed look at downtown Indy. Choose from here where you want to exit the freeway: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&formtype=address&searchtype=address&cat=&address=&city=Indianapolis&state=IN&zipcode=&searchtab=home

To avoid Indy traffic, it looks like the 79B exit off of 70W is the closest to the convention center.

Okay folks so make your plans!!!

-Sal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.