main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Cinematic releases - catch up?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kehleyr, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    The first of the cinematic releases is only a few months off now.

Like we did for eps 1-3, anyone else want to do go see it en masse?

2. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    I am assuming you mean the 3D re-releases? I'm pretty sure that isn't until next year...?

3. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    From what I've been hearing, the first 3D cinematic release will come out in February. If that goes well, the other episodes will be released a year apart from each other.

I had a blast at the midnight ROTS screening, I wonder if there be midnight screenings for these releases.

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I hope so, the atmosphere at Midnight screenings is awesome!

5. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I love to do another midnight screening again.

I do wonder if there will be further changes/additions made to the 3D print of the films compared to the soon to be released Blu-Ray editions.

6. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    Count me out as I don't do 3D movies.

I especially don't do 3D movies where Darth Vader cries like a school girl during a pivotal scene aboard the Death Star 2.

Damn you Lucas, damn you to hell.

7. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I want to see all the tweaks within context of the film before siding how I feel about it. I have not seen the OT in years.... it be going on 10 years.... I only have AotC and RotS on DvD so I can't wait to get my hands on the Blu-Ray copy and watch it all seven films in chronological order.

If they keep to the schedule... RotJ 3D doesn't come out till...2017? By then there are speculation of the live action tv series or a new trilogy of films starting production around then.

8. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Shadowfire with these glasses you can still join your friends in going to a 3D screening without worrying about the 3D...

9. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I'm curious to try those glasses to see if they actually work. I don't mind 3D, if it is done correctly it looks amazing.

10. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Thats a good idea for those who dont or cant watch 3D. We have some round Harry Potter glasses to watch 3D in now. Kinda funny, the entire audience at the Premier looked like Potter clones.

11. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    saw green lantern in 3d, the 3d part was good, the rest not so much.

at home though, 3d is the biggest crock to ever be forced onto people, you just don't need it at home unless you have a fetish for 3d films, and i doubt you do because of how few movies have come out in 3d.

12. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I am skeptic about 3DTV... that doesn't interest me at the moment.

I do love the Nintendo 3DS but that goes beyond the 3D screen. But for special titles... I have to admit Star Fox and the Legend of Zelda looks outstandingly beautiful in 3D and can't resist putting the depth slider to the max.

13. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    The trailer for the 3D cinematic release of The Phantom Menace has been released though online sources seem to be pulled down. There is no doubt that I will be seeing the films in cinemas again, even if it is in 3D (there be 2D sessions in select theatres if they follow the U.S.).

Here is a line of thought: There is a whole new generation of fans that may not be familiar with the films but are caught up with The Clone Wars series. For them, it is a chance for them to experience on the big screen and discover the backstories to the characters they have seen already in TCW.