main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA Cinerama Viewing of AOTC En Masse

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Master-Mishima, Jul 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Well, I could not see any pixels. I don't have perfect vision by any means, though, either. I don't have to wear glasses, so I don't, but my vision is not that good. I wear my prescription sunglasses when I need to drive someplace I haven't been to much, and I don't care if it's night or not, I'd still rather wear those than normal glasses, which not only look stupid but also do not work properly.

Glasses are not shaped right, they are all square, but your eyes are not square, obviously, they are round. The lenses should also be round, otherwise you get this horrible skew to everything in your peripheral vision, which is what happens to me without my prescription sunglasses, using normal glasses. The sunglasses are so incredibly good that it doesn't seem I am wearing anything, it just seems like my vision is perfect, but it doesn't distort anything. It's amazing.

Anyway, the only reason you wouldn't see pixels on a film print is because the film is so damn crappy and blurry that it obscures straight lines, LOL. The whole point of digital is clarity, so if you can see pixels by looking super close on a straight line (and they are so small, it'd have to be something entirely straight, or you'd never see it), that just shows how awesome the quality is :)

2. Master-Mishima

Master-Mishima Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    Sorry all, I got crapped on at work. The frustrations of being LAN admin. I was plannig on attending, I had even cancelled other engagments.. Some people! I mean, they post about these great get-togethers and get a bunch of people to commit and then no-show! I dunno.... Sounds like the Dark side of the force to me.. :(
    If'n anyone wants to go on Wednesday night, I'm game - Job be dam*ed!!

3. Darth_Iquitous

Darth_Iquitous Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I already saw AOTC at the Cinerama. I thought it was the coolest thing...so cool I didn't doze off during any of the slow parts like I did the two times before at a regular theater. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.