main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA City Walk Invasion was a Blast! -- Our 1st Major Event Was A Success

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by SRB_Jedi_Knight, Nov 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Greeting to everyone! Special thanks goes out to the following people:

Jedi Janie: For taking the pictures all day for us. You did a wonderful job with all the photos you were able to get.

LordJedi: For the help with purchasing the toys for raffle and for the ride to and from. I had a great time hanging out.

Zhi-don: For also helping out with the toys. As well as letting me borrow some things to really complete my outfit. Also special thanks to you for also helping out the 501st SoCal Garrison when they needed it. I know they were around you quite a bit when they needed someone to hold a blaster or something.

For those that we not able to make the event I'll go over just a few of the highlights.

We met and had a great time with the 501st and it was fun promoting their charity for the City of Hope. We were constantly asked to take pictures from around 10am when we arrived until we left the City Walk at 4:00pm

We were part of a group picture with the 501st in fromt of the IMAX and we we're all decked out in costumes.

It was a fantastic event! I must say that this was the best experience I have had as a fan. We have a ton of pictures to share with everyone who did not make it to the event and we will send out a message once they are loaded on our Yahoo group page.

Thanks again for the wonderful turn out and everyone that participated. Also a special thanks goes to the 501st for all their hard work and effort as well. You guys were a blast to hang out with and it really made it fun for all of us!

2. darth_avery

darth_avery Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2002
    It was so great to finally meet you guys! especially at such an awesome event! I had a great time and i hope everyone who didn't come today at least goes to see the movie. the IMAX screen was huge! but big newport is still my favorite.

3. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    thanks to all you guys for coming out (especially you SRB_Jedi_Knight). The 501st couldn't have done it without you. We look forward to more events together (start thinking Grand Slam in March/April)

4. DEWGOD01

DEWGOD01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    I went and was able to get tickets for the 1:50 show. I so envy you guys who have the outfits and costumes. I felt very inadaquate in just my t-shirt. But it was a great chance to take some pictures. Even had a digital camera as I saw many others did. Are we going to have a thread or something to post them? Or just link them here when we have them up? Just wondering. Also, anyone know what happened to all the Bantha Tracks flyers? I asked the guy at the door and he said they were all gone by the second show of Friday night. Sad.... If anyone has a spare that they could give up or even scan so I could see if it's worth looking up on ebay which is where I'm sure the majority of them will end up I'd appreciate it.

5. Azeem

Apr 12, 1999
    exactly what you got as a response. I had asked them to hold some for us but they didn't....

6. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    hi guys;

it was awesome! had a great time mingling with the 501st. the group picture shot was the biggest thrill i have recevied since i became a fan. to be a part of a group of jedi knights was always my dream, let alone to have pictures taken too. wow! SRB, you were great at coordinating the whole thing. Lord Jedi, it was great to see you again. thanks for bringing your digital cam. Jedi Jane was everywhere taking pics with my sister Renee who ran the raffle at the last minute. we owe her a vote of thanks. also thanks to everyone who made it........zhi-don

7. Azeem

Apr 12, 1999
  8. Jedi_Johnnie

Jedi_Johnnie Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2002
    I had a great time at the City Walk Invasion! I'll post a link for the photos I took as soon as I get them online. Thanks Shawn for inviting me!

9. daosiletar5

daosiletar5 Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2002
    I had a great time also too bad that you can see a lot of pixels on the film and about the photos i like to take photos and i love star wars so i was more then happy to take them.

10. malelesbo

malelesbo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2002
    I had a great time at City Walk on Saturday! I was amazed to see so many people in costume, and what a great job everyone did. Alot of effort and craftsmanship went into alot of the outfits. Way to go, guys! I was especially impressed with the modified Honda Del Sol, souped up for "rebel infiltration missions", or maybe Imperial, I don't know, but great-looking, nonetheless. My girlfriend and I were not in costume, nor did either of us have any fan-force related paraphenelia on us, so we were a bit timid to go up and say, "hey", but I'm sure I'll be talking to you all on the boards, and I hope to see you all again on the 10th. Again, greta job, everyone.

11. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Thanks for the links to those pics Jeff. Ours should be up sometime today.

12. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Hey, it was great to see you guys at Universal yesterday! :) It was a lot of fun. Everyone did such a great job on their costumes!

-Anakin

13. jedi_janie

jedi_janie Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    Hey everyone! I had such a blast that I literally dropped into bed at 8pm last night! Slept like 10 hours! Thanks to everyone for such a wonderful day! I had such a great time taking pics! I took a bunch with my own camera, but it will probably take a day or so to get over to Costco's 1 hour photo to get them developed then I'll scan them. Thanks again to Renee for all the awesome work she did! {BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE} Also to Zhi-Don for helping me feel so at home and accepted! Can't wait for our meeting next week!

14. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Thanks to all who organized it! Unfortunately, I had a bit of trouble with traffic coming down, and that coupled with a late start meant I didn't get to meet very many people.

15. Azeem

Apr 12, 1999
    I was actually looking for you GentleBant since I knew one handmaiden was coming. We had plenty of Padmes for you too.

16. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Azeem, I saw you. :~) Weren't you running around looking for your wife right before the show started? You walked by my friend and I a couple of times.

17. Azeem

Apr 12, 1999
    *L* yeah, that was me :) I found her outside.

Well, just means you guys will have to come trooping with us at the next big event.

18. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    And you didn't even say "hi." :~D

Yes, we will. We serve, we protect...handmaidens are loyal.

:~D

19. Azeem

Apr 12, 1999
    Sorry about that :( there WAS a lot of people there

We serve, we protect, we die for our Emperor. We are the Imperial Guard :)

20. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Sorry we missed you GB. I was busy handing out raffle tickets and other things from 1 up to the time the movie started.

21. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Were you the taller guy by the car afterwards? (I looked for a clone trooper after the show but didn't see any.)

And no apologies needed. I'm just a very scared of LA driver, and forgot about horrendous traffic. :~D

22. Kyps-dozen

Kyps-dozen Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 31, 2002
    sorry i couldn't come....i think the pictures are great though!!!!! i just started a new job and the hours are very demanding.

23. Azeem

Apr 12, 1999
    sorry..i had costume malfuction...I had to go to the backup costume...

I was the sandtrooper with the rifle.

24. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Barry will be sending about 10 of our many pics to Steve Sansweet and Paul Ens for starwars.com soon.

GB: after the movie I was inside around the fan table/counter they had set up.

25. jedi_janie

jedi_janie Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    Hey SRB, which pics is he sending? I'm curious since I took most of them [face_clown] Will we be able to see all of them soon?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.