main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Clone Wars costumes

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Nov 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    I'm completly infatuated with the Obi-CLone idea. I think my husband would look dashing in such an outfit....but until I see some good Clone armor, that costume will wait in the wings.

Also interested in Asajj, but am busy with 5 Twi'lek costumes at the moment.

If anyone figures out a good neck-elongating technique, please share! :)

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    What about the way people from other cultures do it with the rings? A technique similar to that would work, not actually elongate but the illusion there of.

3. jedimelis

jedimelis Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    Jedi_dajuan: the new obsession you are referring to is costumizing, what you are planning on doing is customizing Barbie or the likes into Star Wars. Customzing also can be little changes to existing Hasbro figures, creation of characters from several pieces, free scupt etc...

I had bought a My Scene doll for Padme a while ago before Cartoon Clone Wars came out, but this IS perfect use for her. unfortunately the doll I got has bangs but I just plan on slicking them back on the hair (I put a rubberband in her head months ago, that may help change direction) Looks liek it was Chelsea but I think Nolee would work.

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Thanks jedimelis good to have a name for my OCD. I was thinking of the My Scene or a Bratz cause they're cheaper. I'll keep those dolls in mind though. I noticed just about all that have the right face and eye coloring tend to have bangs so I was thinking of going to the fake hair store and just finding the right color there. Just give the original a buzz cut and make a head dress.

5. jedimelis

jedimelis Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    I think the one I have works on all accounts... she has right hair and eye color.... But this type of doll is definitely cartoony and the way to go....its up to you of course.... Rerooting the hair is gonna be a pain, but it can be done.... I just think theres enough variety of hair and eye color to avoid this all together in the My Scene and Bratz collections.... Here are some customizing links, not much customizing of female characters..... but it has been done.... FYI: What you are attempting is 12" scale customizing.

Rebelscum Customizing Board

FFURG Forgotten Force Ultimate Resource Guide

TFN Customizing Thread

These may provide you with some interesting ideas and techniques....

OH, and cut bangs or slicked back bangs can be covered by the jewel on that head piece for this particular Padme... just a thought.... or you could just sculpt her hair
    on to the head (with Sculpey) and then paint it the right color...... I just might try these ideas..........

6. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Wow thanks, I'll keep that in mind, the headband thing never occured to me.

7. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Personally I love how Obi-Wan looks very Vader like in his armour :)

8. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Oh yeah Obi Wan was great in that scene. I'd love to see that one done.

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Well I have a doll to start the outfit. It's not the one that I will use for my final display, but it'll work for the moment. Free is always a good thing.

10. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    I would love to attempt a Durge costume. Also an ARC trooper would be very awesome. Of course that calls for a lot of money that I don't have...*dreams about the coolness of those costumes*

Forcebewitya!

11. Smiling-Otter

Smiling-Otter Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2001
    So how would you go about making Obi's cloak/vest combo? Looks to me like you might have them as two pieces, with the cloak connecting to the vest on the two armored circles on front.

12. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Thats the way I would do it.

A Vest type thing over the Armor/under the belt, Then attach a hooded cape at the shoulders where the two armor circles are.

If I was skinny enough for Clone armor I would So be doing that costume.

13. Full_Body_Asajj

Full_Body_Asajj Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2003
    Ja-De:

The concept pics I amusing are in the Episode 2 pre concept are book (DEFINATLY SUGGEST OWNING IT). "She" was the original concept for Dooku, when they were toying with the idea of a Sith Witch for the movie.
    As far as the neck stretching idea, I am NOT going to alter anyones physical form for it (thought about it though...). I'll make the collar piece tight (like a turtleneck)and the collar bone piece wider to make the neck seem longer. If you happen to be a female, 5'8 and above, under 120lbs, the longer neck thing would be easier to pull off. Alas, we are all not Adriana Lima (BONG!)so we must use clever guise to replectate our short comings.

Dammit.

14. MagicCoon

MagicCoon Jedi Youngling

Sep 11, 2003
    So does anyone have some good (online) resources for Asajj pix? I'm such a geek-I haven't even seen the Clone Wars cartoon yet I'm still fascinated by her and would really LOVE to try this costume out (it doesn't seem incredibly hard compared to the other females I've thought about...ie Zam...) The best references I have are like, the same two posters and the action figure. Does anyone have anything else??

Thank you thank you thank you!

Sarah :)

15. Smiling-Otter

Mar 21, 2001
    You can watch the shorts on cartoonnetwork.com. They have a few pics of the different characters, though nothing exhaustive.

16. Jayne

Jayne Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 16, 2002
    Ugh. I've hit a huge wall with the Padme costume. As soon as I say that I've got it in progress, I loose all track of the half-beaded corset cover. Okay, so it's probably been lost for a while, since I started the costume in 2002, but still. I've got most of the skirt done, but I'm still confused over some things, mainly because my computer is still giving me nice blue screens instead of anything useful and the ones at work won't run the cartoon network or other sites' online versions. Anyone have a screencap they're willing to send me for research reasons only?

17. Aliabes

Aliabes Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    If you still need it, you can find picture of Clone War Padme on this page.

http://www.geocities.com/v_paquel/

18. Jayne

Oct 16, 2002
    Exactly what I was looking for, thanks so much!

19. Jedi_Droideka

Jedi_Droideka Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2003
    Hey you guys/gals. Looking for a Unique custome something cool I was thinking Plo Koon but if you have any Ideas PM me. Just give your idea and if you have it a price thanks.

20. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I want to build Asajj Ventress' twin lightsabers and the box they were presented in.
    For the sabers, I would like to base the design on the books and the concept paintings, because I guess that is what the cartoon sabers were based on. I am looking for good online sources of pictures of Asajj Ventress, that are not from the cartoon.

21. Aliabes

Aliabes Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Your welcome :)

But I'm quite selfish actually, I sooooooo much want to see a Clone Wars Padmé costume on someone!!!!

22. Smiling-Otter

Mar 21, 2001
    Miss Ventress - along with Durge - have been in the comic books. Look for the "Star Wars: Republic" line. From Luuke's site: "Ventress' lightsaber handles are especially modified so that they can connect into a joined, S-shaped handle, becoming a double-bladed lightsaber."

23. Jayne

Oct 16, 2002
    LOL, well, I guess I should help satisfy that, huh?

The more I look at that pic the more I'm thinking it's supposed to be a purple version of the leather and lace dress with a tight corset and slim skirt with a train, but I'm still set on more of a picnic-dress skirt, so I'm working towards that end. I've hemmed a lining fabric, and finished rolled hems around fishing line on a lavender chiffon, lavender vine fabric, and shimmery lavender chiffon for a three-layer skirt. I think I'm going to leave the hem tiered, with about 4 inches between each to show off the layers. I'm beading a fringe on the long back train, and the base fabric for that is cut. The corset coutil is cut, sewn, and boned, and I tore out a few beads on the cut lavender covering last night. I plan on sewing it together tonight or tomorrow night. I'm not sure how I'm going to do the diamonds on the corset yet, but I'm going to use the extra scraps of the three different chiffons on the skirt to do the different colors, and then bead some, and so-on. I'll try to have some construction pictures for you soon.

24. The_Clone_Emperor

The_Clone_Emperor Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    [image=http://www.paralada.org/Estonia_self/Estonia_images/SWgeek/DURGE_img/Durge_P01.jpg]
    [image=http://www.paralada.org/Estonia_self/Estonia_images/SWgeek/DURGE_img/Durge_P02.jpg]

[color=666666]Begun this Clone Wars costume has.[/color]

25. JainaMSolo

JainaMSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2001
    Whoo-hoo! TCE has joined the fray-- this is going to be awesome!

Caitlin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.