main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars Season Five Disappointment

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi-Dan-D, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Revival-EPIC!!!
    War on two fronts-very boring
    Front runners -not so bad
    The Soft War-A good episode
    Tipping Points- EPIC!!!
    The Gathering-very good episode
    A Test Of Strength-Very good episode
    Bound For Rescue-Awesome
    A Necessary Bond-EPIC!!!!!!!!!!
    Secret Weapons-Worst piece of **** i have ever seen
    A Sunny Day In The Void-i dont know what to say about this episode:p

2. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I have to say this has been a very strong start to the season. Revival was pure awesomeness, they definitely made a good decision there to start the season with that! The Onderon arc was good, barring one episode as it could have been one episode shorter, but still good overall, with Tipping Points being the highlight of that arc. The Young Jedi arc I think a lot of us were very unsure about and it paid off very well, producing one of the best arcs in the series' history. I certainly was very surprised by it and thoroughly enjoyed it! The droid arc... the first two episodes have been very meh for me. Hopefully this is just a slight slump in what will otherwise be a brilliant season with Clovis, Maul/Mandalore, Ventress still to come!

3. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I'm really happy with Season 5 so far. Only two out of eleven episodes have been imo "bad" but they weren't at the level of Evil Plnas or Senate Spy. My only complaint for this season is that with 4part arcs we have less stories to see, I prefer 2 or 3 parters unless the story really needs a 4th.

4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    More lists...

5. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Indeed, what a tragedy.

Secret Weapons should have just started off with the droids on the Separatist dreadnaught, it would have allowed more time for a more complicated escape.

6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Honestly, I could say this season has somewhat disappointed me. "Revival" was awesome but the Onderon arc is worse every time I watch it. I have gotten to where I despise those episodes and almost want to forget them but I just can't. I hammer them into my fanon constructions with a big mallet. Individually I liked the Young Jedi arc although "The Gathering" was slightly boring and the final episode felt anticlimatic. That arc kinda decayed for me when I stacked the episodes and watched them together. I have to say I enjoyed season 4 better. Still this may be turning around for me. I hated myself for laughing at "Secret Weapons" or whatever but this latest episode "A Sunny Day in the Void" might have turned the arc around. There is hope. There is much hope for the future of season 5 actually.

7. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003

Seerow,

I can't say that I see it this way. Season 5 has been very strong in the story department. Maybe this story hasn't lived up to certain expectations, but the 11 epsiodes of season 5 have undeniably been very strong.

8. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    I disagree. I deny that.

9. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    What the hell happened to my Clone Wars.

Even the fandom on dA is dead.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  10. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    One thing that's been bothering me is people saying "Oh, it's the first half, the first half is always lacking compared to the second."

And while yes, this is true, I don't see it as any justification at all. This is Star Wars, there is a galaxy of potential out there for episodes. When we have a time period as rich as the Clone Wars, there's really no excuse for lackluster droid arcs when we could be dealing with the war or bounty hunters or smuggling or anything imaginable. The fact that episodes like 'Secret Weapons' or 'Corruption' were written is simply dumbfounding. The creators have possibly the most in-depth and gigantic universe of all time to play with, and it's frustrating to see such squandered opportunity. I wish there was no distinction of two halfs and that the greater whole could consistently be top-notch. Season 2 came close for that for me.

...That said, I've found Season 5 okay at this point, sans the ponderous Onderon arc, and I think the Droid arc does still have some redemption left in it.

Asharak and DavidIX like this.
  11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    So far I think each season of TCW has been better than the last...until now. I'm having trouble thinking it's possible for the second half of S5 to be amazing enough to make up for the disappointment that its first half was. It's easy to see why they felt pressured to take Revival out of its arc and stick it at the very beginning of the series. If we hadn't gotten that gem, I think I'd probably be much more despondent then I am even now.

S3 had a slow beginning, but some of it was good-slow (especially the clone episodes, Assassin and HOBS). Then such ambitiously ground-breaking arcs as the Force-witch arc and Mortis made it excel past anything the previous seasons had done. S4 was also dull early on with the Water War arc and droid episodes, but General Krell's arc came early in the season so it wasn't the same, and then we had some of the best arcs of the series exploring new ideas with the slaver, Rako Hardeen, and Massacre/Maul's return arcs. Nothing as crazy as Mortis, but cumulatively enough for S4 to be even better than S3 IMO.

But S5... Really, I think the only parts of S5 so far that are on par with what I've come to expect from the show are Revival and the youngling arc. Onderon was four episodes of a one-episode plot, and this new droid arc is looking a cross between Evil Plans and a Woody Allen film which, while I love Woody Allen, isn't what I look for from TCW. I can't say I'm totally disheartened by the show because I've seen the trailers so I know what I have to look forward to, but damn, I'm thinking it's going to be hard for this to be the first season that wasn't better than the last.

Convor and Seerow like this.
  12. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    If they wouldn't have inserted Revival as the premiere episode, I wouldn't really have minded it since I did really enjoy the Onderon arc and it's first episode would have made a pretty solid season opener.

13. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh there is no question this season has been a complete cluster you know what.

Revival was an awesome episode. I thought it would be the episode to get the season rolling. But they did the complete opposite. Onderon besides being visually pleasing to watch. It was a total disaster of a plot and story development. That arc is the definition of "one and done"- It has zero replay value whatsoever.

The Younglings arc was ok. The last episode with grievous kicking ass saves this arc from falling on it's face.

This Droid arc is unwatchable. The first episode secret weapon, I'm not going to lie I fast forward half the episode. No idea what happened, it was that bad. This last episode was a little better. But come on man. We need Maul and Savage Opress to save this season right now.

14. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, this season has been less of a
    than last season's mess of ****.

I think it depends on what you expect from TCW. All I want from TCW is NO NOMAD DROIDS and SHADOW WARRIOR and there have been none of such BAD quality.

15. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Nah.

16. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003

I agree with this so much, every single episode they get a chance to produce 22 minutes of "Star Wars". The first half of s5 does not measure up at all to what it could and should have been, and there is no excuse for wasting so much potential. We shouldn’t be satisfied with half a season that’s awesome and half a season that so, so, not five seasons in.

17. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Revival and the Young Jedi arcs were great. But the Young Jedi arc almost felt like a separate show....which is basically what it is. ;)

Really disappointed with Onderon in the end, will never rewatch it. Haven't watched either of the droid arcs.

The show should be in its prime at this point, but it's still all over the place, and I think that's why I would qualify this season as "disappointing".

I think S1 and S4 were probably the most consistent overall. S3 was the worst. S2 was wildly inconsistent, with some of the best and some the worst episodes.

18. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003

Yea, the problems the show is having is the kinda problems I expect from s1 of a show, not s5. When a series is that far along the creators have usually decided what kind of show they are making and who their target audience is.

19. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I think it's clear they are trying to please everyone.

20. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    It doesn't help that the writers seem to switch from season to season.

You think of a show like ST:TNG or X-Files, where some of the main writers are with the series for several years, they really start to develop the characters and themes and they can do it in subtle ways...or when they take a risk, you're more willing to buy into it. I dunno.

I definitely agree with that. I think that list also includes George Lucas. ;)

Seerow likes this.
  21. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I would encourage you guys to give S5 until the end of the season to judge. I'm thinking Ahsoka's overall arc from Onderon through the finale will pay off, and on a smaller scale the droid arc which we are told will pay off by the end, particularly with Gregor and the Separatist plot.

Not to mention the Maul stuff we have ahead of us.

Could work better as a whole rather than a sum of its parts...

Seerow likes this.
  22. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    It's getting better with every series.

23. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Up until season 5 it felt that way. Season 4 had me all hyped up for more greatness. However, I tink it may be starting to turn around.

24. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I must say parts of Season Four killed any enthusiasm for the future of TCW . But then along came Massacre and Bounty and Revenge... and little more hope I saw.

25. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    This season has been so ****ing terrible. Considering I don't agree with the premise of the Maul arc - which everyone seems to be looking forward to - on principle, I think this'll be the season I think is the show's worst. Revival was utter balderdash and I've never been unable to get through the first couple of minutes of an episode until Secret Weapons came along. I skipped A Sunny Day In The Void as a result. I was wrong when I thought this show had some potential left.

eht13 and Esg like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.