main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C'mon Guys, lighten up!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Protege-of-Thrawn, Oct 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Genghis, I only said that because it did make a whole lot of sense to me when I heard it. The idea that George Lucas reviews every book seemed a bit far-fetched. Plus, I only heard that statement about LFL when I was reading a board about an EU movie, and was it possible. I guess since I thought an EU movie was pretty "on the back burner" for LFL, then I took the reasoning for why that was so to be fact, aka the "LFL doesn't give a darn about the EU" rumor. Of course I am wrong about that, and I apologized for it, so lets leave it at that.

Jae Angel

2. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    cuz, remember the title of this forum is "C'mon Guys, lighten up!!"

Jae Angel

3. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    So true. Sorry if I went too heavy on you. :)

4. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! :D

Jae Angel

PS- Skipping stupid comp-sci lectures is FUN!

5. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Troy Denning's been posting here, too. Peter Mayhew shows up once in a while, as do A.C. Crispin, Mike Stackpole, and a few others. Kathy Tyers was here A LOT when BP came out.

Mike hasn't been around since the move from UBB :( We scared him away :p

To find out what other famous people come here, check out my profile.

Also, Hayden Christian may have been here.

wk

6. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    wk,

you're missing Jan Duursema in your profile.

7. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Hear, hear, PoT!

8. RingoJuna

RingoJuna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2001
    Agreed. I figured out things were bad when I started letting certain threads get under my skin. Just let me have a deep breath....and then a nice menthol cigarette ;)

9. mutley

mutley Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 1998
    Genghis12, why do you read so much into stuff?? My point was that if you buy the book you have a right to decide if you like it or not, end of story.

Your thinking of the person who get's the book from a friend or from a library is your idea--and I dare say they have borrowed it because they want to read it, and by the time they get it have already decided that it's worth giving a go. :) are they entitled to an opinion, of course they are, but in the context of this thread people who buy the book have a right to post how they feel about it.

10. LtSticks

LtSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    You're right Protege-of-Thrawn, we should look on the bright side of life-at least MOST of the good characters are still alive! And even if Jimmy is now dead, he's gone to a better place, where there's no Borsk Fey'lya, I bet.

11. ganner_rhysode

ganner_rhysode Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2001
    I wish I could lighten up but for the fourth day in a row I'm suffering horrendously with tonsilitis.

Also, despite the UK release date of SbyS slated as Nov 1st, my local bookstore as well as the nearest Forbidden Planet sci-fi store have said they can't confirm this, haven't received any stock yet and gave only the vague estimate of "sometime in November".

:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.