main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collectibles Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Greensboro, NC' started by Padawan311, Oct 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLarry

DarthLarry Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2001
    well my tenacity finally paid off. i walked into target today around 5:30 and guess what was sitting there on a peg: yep, the exclusive clonetrooper. i snatched that thing up so fast, its not even funny. there were only 2 and my friend chris got the other one.

this, after yesterday, when i was at target, and finding no clonetroopers, decided to ask a worker.

"do you have the exclusive clone trooper?"
    "no, we got an initial shipment, and we sold out."
    "do you think you're going to get some more?"
    "no. that's it. your best bet is to try ebay and pay a lot of money." employee walks off.

uh, yeah. thanks. that's just what a customer wants to hear.

good thing i didn't listen to him!

and yeah, the gunner is way cool.

by the way, have you found clone trooper #6 anywhere lately? i missed him the first time around and would like to pick this one up.

2. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    Kohl's on Battleground Ave. had a ton of the #6 Clone Troopers, try there, great score on the Exclusive Clone Trooper! I am still searching.

3. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    There's plenty of those at Wal-Marts with out having to pay Kohl's price. I want more to maybe customize into the blue color scheme.

What's the difference between the #6 and the #41. I mean visually I can tell there's a difference but, are those differences signifiyng a rank difference? #41 has a black back pack kinda thing with antena but, smaller than the ANH Sandtrooper back packs and without pauldrons.

4. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    The #41's are the Super Posable Troopers if I remember correctly, the #6's arent as articulated and have that "Quick-Draw" action feature.

5. DarthLarry

Oct 24, 2001
    which Wal-mart, spooky-kid? the one on battleground sure don't have the #6 clones.

thanks about the tip about kohls. i'll try and swoop by tomorrow!

6. DarthLarry

Oct 24, 2001
    hey thanks for the heads up on kohls. there were a ton of #6 clone trooper. whoo-hoo!

i did feel a bit funny buying only action figures in a primarily clothing department store, but oh well. i got over it quickly when i had that clone in my hands!

swung by target again, and nothing new.

thanks again! i owe ya one!

p.s. acme comics is doing free comic day. got the free Star Wars comic.

7. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Haha, yeah, it is alittle odd buying Star Wars toys in a department store, but I wasnt passing up the ones I found. I FINALLY picked up a #33 Clone Commander yesterday at Kohls, lol. This morning I was at Target on Battleground Ave. when it opened and picked up 2 Exclusive Clone Troopers, Deluxe Clone Trooper and another #33 to open. Not too bad! Now I am searching for a #41 Super Posable Clone Trooper.

8. DarthLarry

Oct 24, 2001
    you mean the target on lawndale? i was there twice today, inadvertently, and found nothing. wah. :)

have you seen the clone trooper with cup at the other target lately? do you know if they're going to get anymore in?

9. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Yes, I meant the Target on Lawndale, sorry about that. I have also been looking for the Exclusive Clone Trooper with Cup and havent seen any since April 2nd, I am kicking myself for not getting one then, another lesson learned, lol.

Here is some news on the Target Exclusive Clone Trooper, seems that they ARE limited to only 50,000 and a second wave of these awesome figures are due out about anytime, so keep on the lookout.

http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=92171

10. Shogi

Shogi Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2005
    I found everything EXCEPT the exclusive trooper today (Op. table Vader, AT-TE driver and new clone)the "super articulated" clone trooper is almost as good as the "quick draw" one. The AT-TE driver got me excited for a moment, finally they made a trooper with ball joints for the hips....unfortunately they did away with the ball joints in the shoulders and elbows, now if they could just combine that one with the super articulated we'd have a kick ass trooper!

11. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Hello, welcome to the boards! Are you in the Greensboro area? Where did you find the new #41 Clone Trooper, I am looking for one of those as well.

12. Shogi

Shogi Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2005
    I found the clone trooper at Target on Wendover, I found all the others at Target on Lawndale

13. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    I picked up the only 2 #41's I have seen last night at the Target on Lawndale Dr. Also got 2 Blue Royal Guards, I havent seen those since 4/2, but they are popping up everywhere now it seems. Target also had a bunch of the new Deluxe figures and lots of #'s 33-44, only no Exclusive Clone Troopers and no more #41.

14. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    I picked up 2 more Target Exclusive Clone Troopers and another #41 this weekend. The Target on Hanes Mall Blvd. had several of each when I was there early on Saturday.

15. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Scored another #38 AT-TE Gunner and #41 Clone Trooper this weekend.

Thought I would let everyone know StarWarsShop.com is offering the C3 Vader to Hyperspace members only while supplies last, these DO NOT include the protective case. This offer started this afternoon and wont last long I am sure.

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=3416;category_id=457;pcid1[face_talk_hand]pcid2=

16. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Yeah, didnt last long at all, the C3 Vaders are now sold out once again.

17. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Picked up a Republic Gunship and some #41 Clone Troopers at Target on Lawndale, also some Anakin with Dooku sabers at Wal-Mart on Battleground here in Greensboro.

18. Shogi

Shogi Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2005
    Which one is supposed to be rare now, Anakin with Dooku saber or with closed hand on vader saber?

19. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    The Anakin with Dooku was the rare one, but they had a ton over the weekend so maybe thats changed.

20. Shogi

Shogi Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2005
    I figured that the dooku was the "corrected" version which would mean that the vader saber was the rare one, but then again this is the same toy line that calls almost any variation "rare" :p

21. Shogi

Shogi Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2005
    Found the all white clone trooper 3 pack today at Target on Wendover. The card was half ripped off and it was hidden behind some snowspeeder legos. I woulda bought it but I could only buy one thing and I had a 7 inch tall Jessica Alba in my hands already :)

22. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Haha, cant blame you for that. I picked up the 3 pack of whites clones at the Target on Lawndale this morning, they had all of the new deluxe wave.

23. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Nothing new this weekend, I havent seen any figures over #44 yet. I am hoping to see the new Unleashed figures out soon, supposed to be out this month last I heard.

24. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    If anyone is looking for a ROTS Republic Gunship, KBToys.com has them in stock for $30, about $39 with shipping. This is a good price and the only place I have seen them in stock in a long time. I have only ever seen one in a store, Target, luckily I bought it when I found it. These are going for close to $60 on Ebay nowadays so pick one up!

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/4007859/ctid/17/INstock/Y/D/

25. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    I still havent had any luck finding any figures over #44 yet. Reports are coming in of figures #48-50 being found on the West Coast, I will be out hunting this weekend looking for those and anything else new, I have hit a dry spell, anyone else had any luck?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.