main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Collector's Cantina Version 2.0

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by G1Prowl, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2005
    I'm not sure if this is old news to you guys but I spotted Anakin's starfighter today. It was at the 1st Ave. Target. for $19.99. I would have bought one for myself but they had a Transformers Alternator that I had been looking for.

BTW, If you guys are looking for any toys. I can keep an eye out for you in the Princeton and Vincennes area. Usually not much around here compared to E'ville though.

EDIT by Krash: At the request of the CR, this is now the official thread of the E'ville Jedi.

Play nice kids! ;)

2. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Cool, yeah post away if you see stuff. In fact, we can make this the new collecting thread. G1 Prowl, if I could get you to edit the first post & title to reflect this, that would be great. Call it Collector's Cantina version 2.0 or come up with something new & creative.

Going forward, at least for a while, post all collecting news here.

This will be good because of so much ROTS stuff coming out.

But remember NO SPOILERS in this thread!

But this will be THE PLACE for E'ville Jedi Collecting News!

3. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Mr_Self_Destrukt Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    Dude you beat me to it. I saw the new Unleashed at the Wal-Mart on the west side off of Lloyd.

They had 5 of each. I picked up another Stormtrooper :)

I know that Comic Quests site www.comicquest.com has some Unleashed that came in as well. I am unsure of what it is.

Here are some topic title ideas...

"Look sir...toys!"

"Look what I found"

"These are the toys we're looking for" or

"Are these the toys your looking for?"

4. G1Prowl

Feb 10, 2005
    You beat me to it Krash. I was planning on calling it E'ville Collectors cantina but I guess that will work.

Ok gang, this is where we send out our Probe droids in the Evansville area in search of collectibles. Report here with your findings.

5. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Cool, and let's not forget Ulkesh2's report about Anakin's starfighter sneak preview vehicle. It was at Target First Ave...but should be at East Target, Wally World & TRU too.

Target East also had all 4 sneak preview 3 3/4 figs as of this past week.

6. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
    I got my "new" Jedi Starfighter from www.toysrus.com and as much as I like it I really wish it were also available in smaller form. ie; Action Fleet

Going into this new film year the one thing that I really have an issue is the way the Action Fleet line was marketed. The whole re-issuing of ships that had already been purchased when Galoob released them 7-8 years ago still irks me to this day and when things got up and going and they started selling out of them Hasbro pulls the plug.

I will stop there. I am a huge Action Fleet fan.

7. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Bummer, I was unaware the Action Fleet line had been axed. Did Hasbro give any explanation at all? I was just starting to buy a couple of them. With their size, they are so much easier to display.

8. G1Prowl

Feb 10, 2005
    Toy hunting sources?

So where do guys "Hunt" for toys new and old in the E,ville area?
    Other than the usual Department stores.

Some of the places I've had luck in the past are...

Comic Quest (of course)

Grampa's swap shop (been awhile since I've been
    there)

The Consumer Mall in Owensboro, KY

Giant Flee market (been awhile also)

Diamond Flee market (Long time ago)

Toy Man toy show in St.Louis ( Kinda out of area)

I was just reminiscing about the days when I had time to just drive around looking for toys. Before the dark times, before the Empire. lol!

9. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
    I found the new Unleashed Wave (Stormtrooper) at Wal-Mart off of Burkhardt and Lloyd.

My sources are...

TRU

Both Wal-Marts

Both Targets

and of course Comic Quest

I think maybe we should have a wants list that we post on here and if we find something another member wants we can at least post here or maybe call to let the other person know.

This should be all inclusive for some of us do not just strictly collect only Star Wars. I know G1Prowl does the Transformers. I love Marvel Legends and McFarlane and all the cool stuff Comic Quest carries.

10. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    A good idea would be to put your want list in your bio, and then perhaps post a link in your signature.

You can't trade or sell on the boards, you will have to use e-mail/phone for that.

I can help with anyone who wants to do this...

11. G1Prowl

Feb 10, 2005
    Pick up your visual scanning!

Some places around the country are accidentally putting the new Revenge of the Sith figures out early.

12. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
    A bunch of Targets all across the US have screwed up and put out the Tri-Droid fighter, Grevious wheel bike, and Ob-Wan's Jedi starfighter out.

I checked the Target in the east side and I saw nothing. I have yet to check the 1st ave Target.

13. Zar_Valen

Zar_Valen Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    I collect robot and classic monster toys, so for Star Wars I buy mostly the droid figures and a few of the ships. The new sneak preview astromech toy is pretty cool, btw.

Where the heck is Grampa's Swap Shop?

14. G1Prowl

Feb 10, 2005
    Grampa's is now on First Ave. near Hacienda. I'm not sure if he even deals with toys anymore and I haven't been in the current store. He used to buy collections and resale them about 6 years ago.

15. Zar_Valen

Nov 19, 2004
    Cool, thanks for the info G1Prowl.

16. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
    ***ROTS Medium Vehicles at Greatland Target ***

I just scored a set of the new vehicles, they are 19.99 each and this was maybe 30 min ago.

I had an employee do an item location check with some DCPI numbers and he was very helpful and brought out a case of them.

Luckily he didn't notice the "Do not stock before April, 2d 2005" stamp on the box.

G1Prowl, they had some Alternators that I had never seen there as well.

17. G1Prowl

Feb 10, 2005
    Thanks for the info Mr. SD!

I'll try to swing by there on my way home Saturday.

18. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    This posted in Bloomington:

HUGE HUGE SCORE THIS MOURNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K-Mart West had 4 full cases of Ep3 figures
    Ep3 Unleashed
    Ep 3 ships & deluxe figures .The cases CLEARLY said "Do not Release before April 2.2005 " On them. Thank you KWest employees!!!

I got the only Grievous Unleashed.
    I spent around $150.00 and dint get everything!!!

Eric

19. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
    Here is a visual guide to go by...

[image=http://www.epicplastic.com/Untitled-2.jpg]

20. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    Just an update in Bloomington. They had the toys out for 24 hours, but when Eric went back, they refused to sell them to him. They removed them from the shelves, hidden away unitl April 2. :(

21. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
    Here is some interesting info from www.yakface.com concerning Target in the months before the movie release...

Due on April 2nd:

087-06-0937 - Figures with Cups
    087-06-1262 - Micro Vehicles
    087-06-0311 - Collector Edition Darth Vader with Laval Reflection Figure

Due on May 8th:

087-06-1489 - Collector Edition Stormtrooper/SW Articulated Super Clone Trooper
    087-06-1490 - 5-pack Collector Cases

22. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Wow. I just saw a pic of Wizards' new AT AT and I think I am in love!

www.gamingreport.com has a picture gallery from GAMA, and it looks like my favorite four legged tank of death was the main attraction.

Anyway, the rpg company Wizards of the Coast will be making an AT AT this fall for their miniature game. And as I am an old West End Games miniatures guy, I am looking forward to having an AT AT to play with.

If you really want one, your best bet is to pre-order with someone who does that, cuz I think Wizards has stated they might not have enough to go around. Or, they just want folks to pre-order. Regardless, check out the pics.

MTFBWY
    AlWAYS

Jammies

23. Zar_Valen

Nov 19, 2004
    Here's an ad that ran in yesterday's INKY Classifieds:

STAR WARS - Set of collectables, some new. $100 for all.

I'm not sure if I can post the guy's phone number or not here so until Scott says it's okay just PM me and I'll pass the number along.

{Disclaimer - I'm in no way associated with the aforementioned so it's not a solicitation, just a friendly FYI for any interested parties. :)}

24. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
    I can already tell you that it wont be ok due to the theforce.net policy that you cannot post about trading or selling collectibles even though you have the best of intentions and not solicitating.

Thank you for making the post. I have found the best place to buy "lots" of Star Wars and other genre related collectibles is Ebay. Type in "Star Wars Lot" and you should be able to see actual photos of their whole collection.

25. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
    I found the new Titanium Series which had the following case asst.

Case#: 0902 (w2/r1)
    1x Y-Wing
    1x Star Destroyer
    2x Snow Speeder
    1x AT-RT Transport
    2x Republic Gunship
    2x Jedi Starfighter
    2x A-Wing
    1x Tri Droid Fighter

The case had the "Do not display until" stamp, but they rang up with no problem. The cashier let me keep the box :)

These were at the Eastside Wal-Mart Supercenter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.