main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collector's TAP CAFE XV everyone is welcome here !!!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by CrazyMike, Sep 28, 2007.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Looks like it's getting there, Mike. When is your estimated date to move in?

2. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    October 12th Les. The house has already been delayed 4 months and we would have received a letter by June 14th to inform us of delay longer than 2 weeks so it is looking pretty good that we will be in before November at the latest.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Happy Canada Day to all the Canadians out there! I guess that can only mean one thing - Mike and Jeannette will be gorging on ribs all weekend at Ribfest! I hope the weather co-operates!

4. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi Les :) actually ribfest is labour day weekend in September. Now I have acraving for ribs lol

5. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    My mistake, Mike - I thought it was Canada Day weekend for some reason..

6. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Happy 4th of July to all of our American friends out there :) The weather has been amazing out there. Blue skys and sun :)

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yep - Happy 4th! Hopefully it is sunnier there than here. We had some sun today but it's cloudy now. No rain though. Actually we could use some of that. My grass hasn't been green in weeks. (At least I don't have to mow..)

8. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi Les, it is currently 45C which is 113F out here at the moment. I should try boiling and egg on the pavement :)

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Ouch, Mike. I hope you have a/c.Tim said it's about 100F in his area. We're cool compared to you - it was about 80F in the sun today and supposed to be in the low 60sF tonight.

10. Louis_Skywalker

Louis_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2008
    Hey guys, I haven't passed through here in a while so hope your all well. I just had a couple of questions and if anyone can give me any answers that would be great. Basically is their a trading card collectors thread or does anyone collect trading cards? If you do I don't suppose you know of anywhere I can buy boxes of the new empire 3D cards in the UK? (apart from eBay). I'v found shops in the states that will ship boxes to the UK but as you can imagine it's costs a fortune. Really wanted to get my hands on some but can't find any with online searches. Well if u can help that would be great. Thanks

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Hey Louis. We don't really have a card thread, though we do have a forum for the card games. (It's a bit dead though). If you're in the London area you could try Forbidden Planet as they sell cards. (They also do mail order so if you're not nearby give them a call. The megastore is on Shaftesbury Avenue.) You could also try Amazon UK. I know they have had other card sets in the past.

12. Louis_Skywalker

Jan 12, 2008
    Thanks Les. Trading card collecting seems to be one of those hobbies that unless you live in the states there's just no where to buy them from. I found a few online sites but none of them have the latest releases. Ebay is literally your only resource for the latest additions to the hobby, which means trusting the seller and paying over the odds for items that are on general sale in the states. Oh well, think I'll try and talk to some traders at the next memerabillia or collectormania I get to. Thanks again Les

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'd still give FP a try. They have a few stores around but the big one is in London. There's a Contact Us section on their website. If they don't have the cards in stock maybe they can order them.

14. Louis_Skywalker

Jan 12, 2008
    I'll give them a go Les, I think contacting them is a good idea. Also forgot that buying from the states means the potencial for being stung by the import tax! A right minefield. My cousin bought a load of Sideshow LOTR WETA statues from the states and got a massive bill from customs. They held onto the statues until he could afford to pay it!

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I've gotten bitten by Customs as well on US stuff. About the only thing that's immune is books. (No duty on them so you don't get nailed if you order from Amazon US. I have gotten charged on CDs from them though.)

16. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Customs fees can be a real killer and they are also very inconsistent. There are times when I get the identical size and value ( example Sideshow 12" figures ) and my fees range from nil to $25.

I came to work yesterday with an empty laptop bag. I was in such a rush to leave that I left it on my coffee table at home. I am such a moron :)

17. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hello everyone :) The hot and humid summer days continue out here in my neck of the woods. Temperatures have dropped and are now in the 90s (30c) and it is looking like it is going to stay that way for the rest of the week.

18. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hello all, My company moved datacenters this weekend and so far it is looking good. The test will come today when everyone logs in for the first time :)

19. Louis_Skywalker

Jan 12, 2008
    Hello everyone. Weather is very good here in the midlands today, sunshine and blue sky's. Never had any luck with my topps empire 3D cards, very disapointing! Really wish they released more collectable lines here in the UK we seem to miss out on so much. Good luck with the big log on Mike!

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I hope it's all OK, Mike. Did you have to work all weekend?

It's sunny and hot here in the London area. I was outside for awhile but the flies were getting really bad in my garden so after killing a few of them (and having it get worse) I decided to come in.

21. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hello Les and Louis :) Yes I worked most of the week and I am happy to report that the big move was successful. We have a few more items to attend to this Sunday but it should not be a big deal.

22. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000

The future Star Wars room :)

[image=http://www.mikestruys.com/images/Mike/IMG_5831.JPG]

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Looks good, Mike, but that window takes up valuable wall space! :p

Is the room going to be fairly large?

24. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Yes it does eat up space Les. The good thing is that it will not get alot of direct sunlight. There is a raised ceiling just in front of the window that goes up about 10 feet so I will be able to hang ships. The room is decent sized room. I have been trying to talk Jeannette into giving me a second bedroom lol :)

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Good luck with that, Mike. How many bedrooms does the house have?

It looks like Tim might be over for the first half of September. We had hoped for August but his co-workers got those dates first. I don't know the exact dates since he still has to book his flights.