main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ON Comic Book Expo 2005

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by VaderFanForever, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Hey all! I am wondering if any of you will be attending the Canadian National Comic Book Expo in Toronto August 26-28. If so, maybe we could get together and hang out! I know I will be bringing my Vader costume as part of the 501st!

So let's see who is going!

2. Frobro00

Frobro00 Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2005
    I'm going. I have a large group of friends going, it's a yearly trip for me and it's a lot of fun :)

3. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Cool! This will be my first CBE. I went to C3, and now am addicted to cons!! I too am going with a large group from Almonte, Ontario. Will you be bringing any costumes? I will be bringing my Darth Vader!

Man, I LOVE wearing that suit!! I can't wait!

By the way, are tickets avaliable yet? And if so, how much are they?

4. Frobro00

Frobro00 Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2005
    http://www.hobbystar.com/ComicConTorontoV2/CC_Main.asp

That's the link to the main site for CNE. Advanced tickets are available but they also sell them there.

5. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    Looking at this site has my geekboy senses tingling...so much there...not enough time and cash!!!

6. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    This will be my first CNE...so I have a silly question...will collectibles be sold in CND dollars with the US exchange? How does that work?

Sorry for the silly question. [face_blush]

7. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    All prices have been translated into Canuck Bucks

8. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Oh, okay. So they will be twice as much! :p

Woofer, will you be there? Do you know where you are staying??

9. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I plan to go, but as I live about 100 km away I'll likely just drive up each day

10. Frobro00

Frobro00 Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2005
    It's a lot of fun, especially the costume contest, which Vaderfan will have to enter.

11. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Does this costume contest require any singing or dancing? Because if it does, then forget it! I can't do any of either one! I'd make an ass out of myself in front of thousands of people!! [face_blush] [face_blush]

Besides, you guys haven't seen me in my Vader suit yet. Maybe you will think I'm not good enough [face_shame_on_you]

12. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    Dude.. I'll be there... Sandtroopin!...perhaps a little Stargatin... the 501st, in the past, has always done the opening Ceremonies for the Masquerade... It'd be Awsome to finally have a Vader there for it!

I'm still trying to get Alex to take R2...

and FYI... it's the SFX part of the expo that matters... hehe... not the comics...

13. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    You mean you guys have never had a Vader for the opening ceremonies?? That is such a shame! Can you tell me what my duties would be as Vader for the 501st??

This show is going to be AWESOME!! I have taked with Roy Mitchell...Canadian Garrison Co, and he said he is going to try and ask a Star Wars actor out for dinner, curtisy of the 501st! That would be very cool!

I can't wait! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] :cool:

14. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    odds are... you'd just have to look dark and menacing... leave the talking for an officer with no helm on...

Yeah... last year we took Peter Mayhew out... it was pretty cool indeed!... Our Vader out here was always too busy and unavailable for most events... so most times... we are Vader Free...

15. Hudson1138

Hudson1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 7, 2005
    VADERFAN is who you want! I met him at the Ep3 midnight premiere at Silvercity Ottawa, his costume is BAD ASS! and ****! hes like 7 foot tall LOL

16. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    [face_blush] Awww...thanks Hudson. I really appreciate the comliment! It is good to know that there are fans out there who appreciate what we do.

Well, I will highly contemplate doing the costume contest! It sounds like fun!!

17. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    I will be there this year, I don't want to enter the costume contest but I hope that I can at least watch

The Masquerade sounds like fun aslo :)

18. Lil_Miss_Amidala

Lil_Miss_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    The costume contest and the masquerade are the same thing I thought.

19. Frobro00

Frobro00 Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2005
    They are the same thing, the only thing is to be able to watch it, you must purchase a deluxe three day pass. it's not much more than the one day passes and you get access for all three days. you can go if you have a day pass, but they let the deluxe pass holders go first and if there is room they let the day pass users go in.

20. Lil_Miss_Amidala

Lil_Miss_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    I heard they were going to be doing a ticket system this year. That way, people aren't waiting for hours to find out they can't get in. AnimeNorth did it this year, it worked out really well.

21. Frobro00

Frobro00 Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2005
    that'll be a nice change. not having to get in line 3-4 hours in advance just to get seats.

22. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    As long as GenCon has NOTHING to do with lines, I think we will be okay [face_whistling]

23. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    And besides, if I'm in my Vader suit with the 501st behind me, I will clear a path for you guys! :)

24. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Deluxe 3 day pass eh?

It would have been intresting but I will only be there on the Saturday it looks like, so I will just stick to the one day pass, but thanks for the info :)

25. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Yiippyyy!!!! I got my tickets in the mail today! Now all we have to do is get to the show, and stand in line to get the passes to get into the show. I have thought about dressing up in my Vader suit to wait in line. I don't think anyone will be able to miss me.

I am also thinking of bringing my lanyard from the FanForce forms that was made for me for C3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.