main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Corphelion Stars Bespin Cafe -The Han/Leia WR and Archive - October Fanfic Update Up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by HanLeiaFanficGuru, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanLeiaFanficGuru

HanLeiaFanficGuru Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2003
    Welcome to the Corphelion Stars Bespin Café, fellow Han/Leia fans!

Locking this thread for redundancy. Please refer to the new Bespin Cafe thread

Announcement: New Fanfic Challenge October 2003

This fanfic challenge will run through the month of October with the following topic:

Thank you to GreatOne for this challenge idea:

The premise of this challenge is this:Write about the first time Han told Leia about his childhood, or the first time Leia found out about Han's childhood.

This challenge will run through until the end of October. Although the thread is on the Saga board, your story is by no means limited to the Saga era.

When you've completed your story, please post it to this thread: Han/Leia October Fanfic Challenge

Good luck and may the Force be with you!

[b][hl=cyan]New Fanfics Archived for the Month of September 2003[/b][/hl]

At the top of this post, as well as updated in alphabetical order in the actual Archive are new posts for the month of September. Enjoy!

(Note: If you have a new fic started during September 2003 which was not included in the update, please PM HanLeiaFanficGuru, Tara or LadyPadme and your fic will be updated. New fics started since October 1 will be added to the update at the end of October.)

[hr]

[b]By[/b]:[link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=270837][b]crystal417[/b][/link]

[b]Title[/b]: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=13064846&replies=41][b]Closing In[/b][/link]

[b]Summary[/b]: Han sets out to find his family. Sequel to [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=12493235&start=12806429][b]Remember Me [/b][/link]

[b]Time Period[/b]: Post RotJ.

[b]Status[/b]: WIP.

[hr]

[b]By[/b]: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=872225][b]GreatOne[/b][/link]

[b]Title: [/b][link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=13081264&replies=1][b]A Change of Heart[/b][/link]

[b]Summary:[/b] What if Han Solo was a lieutenant on the Death Star?

[b]Time Period:[/b] ANH AU.

[b]Status:[/b] WIP.

[hr]

[b]By:[/b][link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=894115][b]jedi-lelila[/b][/link]

[b]Title[/b]: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=13184799&replies=7][b]Endor Wedding[/b][/link]

[b]Summary[/b]: Han and Leia marry after the events of RotJ.

[b]Time Period[/b]: Post-RotJ.

[b]Status[/b]: Vignette.

[hr]

[b]By[/b]:[link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=716467][b]LadyPadme[/b][/link]

[b]Title[/b]: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=13045981&page=1][b]Out to Win[/b][/link]

[b]Summary[/b]: Han teaches Leia Sabacc during a mission to Ord Mantell.

[b]Time Period[/b]: Pre-ESB.

[hr]

[b]By[/b]:[link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=271047][b]Sara_Kenobi[/b][/link]

[b]Title[/b]:[link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=13264961&replies=5][b]Retribution[/b][/link]

[b]Summary[/b]: In ROTJ, Han Solo believed he lost Leia Organa to Luke Skywalker, and turned her over to the Empire as Revenge. Ten years have passed and he finally learns the truth. Will there be any hope of forgiveness?

[b]Time Period[/b]: Post-RotJ.

[b]Title[/b]: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=13353484&replies=4][b]Tatooine Son[/b][/link]

[b]Summary[/b]: Luke has discovered the location of his lost love, but only to find her married to an old friend; at the same time, someone from his past is searching for him, and will not stop until he's dead. Meanwhile, the Solos find their reunion more difficult than first expected, as a horrible lie is revealed that will change their very lives forever.

[b]Time Period[/b]: Post-RotJ, AU

[hr]

[b]By:[/b][link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=875364][b]starwarsfan68[/b][/link]

[b]Title:[/b][link

2. Aanix_Durray

Aanix_Durray Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001
    Wohoo! The new archive is up! :)

**cheers**

Oh, and who do I PM to get my fic archived?

-~Aanix~-

3. Tara

Tara Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2002
    Just the HanLeiaFanfic Guru Aanix, me or Lady Padme will add it! :)

Sorry if I missed anyone's fic, there are so many out there! :p No offense was intended, just send out a PM if you want your fic added, with the name, link, and summary.

And I think I will order an eyeblaster, atomized, not fizzed. ;)

Those who have read Tatooine Ghost know what I'm talking about ;) :D

4. Aanix_Durray

Aanix_Durray Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001
    Alright, will do :)

And no offense taken, I know that pain of running an archive...

-~Aanix~-

5. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Yeah! Our own little archive! It looks wonderful! ;)

Thank you for doing this. The formatting makes looking through this thread so easy *hugs to all*.

Am [face_love]

6. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Yea Tara, you got it up! :D
    This is so cool, I never would have had the patience to link so many, since I seem to be handicaped at links. :p

Anyway, great to see this up, it will be so much easier to find other Han and Leia fics now. :)

7. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! Now it won;t be so hard to find Han and Leia stories. We really appreciate this! Thanks again! :)

8. Teoni

Teoni Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2003
    :D coolness, MAJOR coolness!! *happy happy joy joy* all this thread needs now is a link to the previous H/L Writers' Resource thread. *Doughnuts, coffee & tea for all*

*glee* HAN & LEIA rule!!!

9. Tara

May 4, 2002
    You're welcome everyone! :) Thanks for stopping by here!

all this thread needs now is a link to the previous H/L Writers' Resource thread.

There already is ;)

10. Solosgurl

Solosgurl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2001
    Hi everybody...I'm a big fan of Han and Leia fic and I write my own too. I've started this story a few weeks ago that's been rolling around in my head for a year or so. It involves everyone's favorite Bria Tharen...hehehe so it should be interesting to see everyone's responses. It'd be great to have some beta readers on "stand-by" when I actually complete something worth betaing.

You should be aware that I'm not the "typical" fan fiction writer. I really write "deep stuff" that may take a few readings to fully soak in. I guarantee it'll be something worth reading because it will be different from other things you have probably read before.

I'll be around....talk to everyone later
    ~SG

11. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

A few more fics added in tonight.

Seriously, anyone who has a fic they want added, please PM me, Tara or HanLeiaFanFicGuru, as stated above. Also, if there's an old story you know of, let us know.

12. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    *dances in excitement*

A whole archive of Han and Leia fics! Yay!

13. Tara

May 4, 2002
    In a random fit of insomnia, this thread is updated yet again for the third time in one day. That was all the H/L fic I could find on the JC, if I'm leaving anything out, feel free to PM me!

I also changed the format to include Title, Time Period, Summary, and Status. I hope this one will make it easier for viewers to use! :)

14. Tara

May 4, 2002
    All right, I added a few things in the first post to make it clearer on how to submit a fic, advertise a fic, review, etc. :)

Also, I have a question: How do I get the accent over the e so I can add it to cafe? ?[face_plain] Thanks anyone who can help me!

Great news everyone! Of Love and Marriage by J_Girl has been updated for the first time in two years!

15. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    You all did a great job putting this together. :) It's nice to see a place where all the H/L fics can be found easily.

16. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Wonderful Job setting this resource thread up. This is really nice. :)

17. Tara

May 4, 2002
    Thanks for the comments, everyone! :)

And always remember, this is a cafe, so if you want to order an eyeblaster, air cake, dustcrepe, havla etc. go ahead and order to our waiter droid ;) Best in Coruscant ;)

Anyway..

LadyPadme and I are trying to think up some fic challenges for this thread. Princess1 made the suggestion that a good fic challenge would be to write about Han's reaction to finding out Leia's pregnant. (Plus this would be a good time to do it, on the heels of TG!)

What do you guys think?

I think we should aim to do one fic challenge a month...So the one for this one would be over around April 20 (just to make it easier). That should give everyone lots of time :) I might participate in this one, if I can cure my writer's block! :)

18. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    What a great idea! The next time I go hunting for some good H/L stories at TFN I'll know where to look. :)

19. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Thanks for the invite here. I'll drop by whenever I can. :)

I'll try and work on that challenge too. :)

20. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Thanks for the invite, Tara!

Nice place you have here! I see a lot of familiar faces.

Ok, I would like to order a round of eyeblasters for everyone on me! :D (I could use one after updating for the first time in 2 years!)

J_Girl

21. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    And another thanks for the invite, Tara. :)

I read Tatooine Ghost, too (A fantastic SW book for any SW fan), and, to honor the current board colors, I'll take a green eyeblaster, atomized, not fizzed. ;)

22. Tara

May 4, 2002
    So nice to see you guys all here! :D :D :D

Ok, I would like to order a round of eyeblasters for everyone on me!

In that case, I think I will order a large crate of green St. Patty's day beer... ;)

Tatooine Ghost was wonderful, HIGHLY recommend it to all SW fans, but especially Han/Leia ones! :D

Eyeblaster. Atomized, not fizzed.

Solo. Leia Organa Solo. ;)

The fic challenge of the month is now up - get those creative juices flowing! :) :) :)

23. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Yea, one fic challenge a month sounds good, keep those creative juices flowing. ;)

Well, since this is a cafe, I order Carbon Freezes (star wars ice cream of my own invention :p) For everyone! ;)

24. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow! Awesome job on the archive!

BTW, thanks for the invite, Tara! :)

25. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    I'm so excited about this!!! I absolutely adore Han and Leia, and I really think their relationship is the best in Star Wars- not the others aren't great, I just happen to prefer this one. And hey, Harrison Ford being extremely hott doesn't hurt either :) I'm planning on writing some Han/Leia fics soon, but I have absolutely no time...probably in the summer I'll get really prolific and come up with like five :) Anyway, finally, I just want to post an invite to my message board. Most of you have already been there, but if you haven't it's a great place. I started the thread for some help on writing Han Solo and gaining an insight into his character, and around page 2 or 3 there are some comments on Han and Leia. Everyone who posted there is so extremely talented, and I've learned a lot from it, so I hope you will too! Here it is: The Han Solo Thread. Enjoy!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.