main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey Coruscant Courier Quarterly Newsletter - March Edition

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JadeSolo, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Hi everyone! :D As discussed at our November meeting, members of MEPA would like to publish a quarterly newsletter centered around Northeast fandom. Content can range from printed word to visual graphics, science fiction to life in general - anything and everything. PG rated, of course!

We need everyone's help in this. If you're looking for ideas, here are a few to get you started:

--MEPA trip to Boston to see "Science of SW" exhibit

--Review of "Dressing a Galaxy" exhibit/book, including a letter to LucasFilm marketing asking how could they possibly think there was no market for this book in NYC...

--ROTS DVD review

--New EU books - these can be split into post-NJO and post-ROTS. Reviews and where to go for spoilers for future books (but no actual spoilers listed)

--What have people added/deleted from their SW collections since ROTS? Talk about your favorite pieces.

--cartoons/games

--fanfic - short pieces preferably. If it's long, it'll be chopped into several parts to be published every quarter.

--Photos!! We've been having great times, let's show them off. Remember, PG!

--Anyone who's been to a John Williams concert and would like to comment on the experience.

--Transit strike commentary

--Restaurant reviews

The newsletter doesn't have to be restricted to SW-related material. There's a lot more out there, and we'd like to see people's thoughts on it!

So here's how it works. Kristin and I will be driving this flying umbrella as Graphics/Layout Editor and Content Editor, respectively. All submissions and questions should be sent to us.

Written-word submissions - reviews, articles, fanfic, and the like - should be sent to me (Anu) at milfalcon94@yahoo.com. Please send them as Word documents attached to the email, but plain text with markups is fine. If you're not sure, just ask, because it shouldn't be too big a deal.

Graphics - cartoons, illustrations, photos, and the like - should be sent to Kris at jedi_master_benae_quee@yahoo.com. Submissions should be .jpg files that don't eat up hard drive space or slow down the email service.

Deadline: January 31. If you need a few extra days, let us know as soon as possible.

Publication Date: First week of March.

Questions or ideas? Feel free to email us, and have fun!

2. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    sounds like a great idea. Where would this newsletter be published? I'll work on some stuff for it.

3. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    Cool deal!

I'll start workin on some things too!

~DG~

4. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Thank you both! Kris and I are going to send it over to Jedi_Samantha once it's done, and she'll put it up on the MEPA website. It'll be in PDF format, in case people want to print it out. :D

5. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Hello NJ :)

We've extened the deadline to this Friday (Feb 3), so if anyone has an article or graphic, be sure to get it to us by then. If you need more time for something, please let us know so we can leave a space open :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.