main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Could Anakin be Reunited with Padme in the Netherworld?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Dominick1216, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dominick1216

Dominick1216 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 23, 2013
    After Anakin's death in Return of the Jedi, do you think Anakin could be reunited with Padme in the Netherworld of the Force? Or because Padme wasn't force-sensitive, that he will never be able to see her again?

2. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    I always assumed most people did not keep their identity after dying, but became "one with the force".

3. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jedi_Ford_Prefect Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    I'd like to hope that this is a question that may be answered in the ST. We already know that Anakin's spirit survived death, and frankly I'm more interested in whether or not Padme survived than how exactly Han is going to have his inevitable fanboy-sanctioned Big Damn Hero Death.

However. We obviously shouldn't trust anything you have to say, seeing as you were willing to trigger the Third Impact to try and be reunited with your dead wife. (Anyone who gets that will know that it's in jest. Anyone who doesn't... um... spoilers?)

4. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I once read a fanfic (Stay with me now) where Padme was given a degree of Force sensitivity because during pregnancy, some of Luke and Leia's Midi-Chlorians passed into her through the placenta. That would also explain how she and Anakin sensed each other from across the city during the ruminations scene.

Now, I'm not saying that that is what should be done, but perhaps something vaguely along those lines

5. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Honestly, we don't really have much to go off of. Except that all Force ghosts were pretty much at peace with themselves, so it didn't really matter.

6. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Well, I'm sentimental, so I'll say yes, they were reunited in Force Heaven. And I also have to figure that Shmi was there, too.

Given that, based on EU material, it's love rather than Force-sensitivity that determines your ultimate fate, I'd say this sounds plausible. Force-sensitivity enters into the situation if you want to communicate with the living, I'd figure.

Related question: do you think Palpatine met up with Plagueis in Sith Hell? I can just see Plagueis asking the former Emperor, "So, how did your apprentice kill you off?"

7. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    ^ RotFL

If Padme survived in one form or other Anakin at first most likely would be too ashamed to see her.

I saw another where Anakin pours his heart out to her (even though she isn't there) and her spirit/essence comes to him and latches onto him. Anakin discovers with help of the other Force Ghosts that he can help her take her form and converse with Anakin. Of course there is/was a time limit on it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

"The Starman and Moon Goddess."

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  8. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    I like to think that Padme has transformed into the force, because the force dose abide in every being right? The reason she can communicate with the living is because of her midiclorian count, but that does not mean she can't communicate with the dead.

9. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    If she somehong w is aware she might not be able to contact the Living and so only those that are dead can speak to her. Or the Force Sensitive in question has to be meditating with speaking to her in mind.

And to answer your signature Legacy Jedi Endordude too freaking long!

Legacy Jedi Endordude likes this.
  10. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    Hard to say

11. SweetZombieJesus

SweetZombieJesus Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 12, 2013
    No. Padme lost the will to after-live.

12. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    It's Force sensitivity/skill that determines whether one can "ghost" in the first place ( and even then it doesn't happen automatically, only happening to those who have learned the ability ). Force ghosts are not in "Heaven"; it is actually more accurate to say that they have not really died in a sense, if we equate "died" with "passed on".

Lady_Misty likes this.
  13. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    no , hope not , otherwise she'll be getting stalked by him in the netherworld as well !

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  14. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    I'm sorry but HOLY ****!!!! Did you just hand me a sweet spoiler of what I think it is?!?!?!

15. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 6, 2013
    Nope, I don't think so. She wasn't a Jedi who learned what Qui Gon, Yoda, Obi-Wan did. I still find it a bit off that Anakin appeared to Luke at the end of ROTJ mere hours after he died given that Kenobi and Yoda had years in exile to learn the power from Qui Gon's spirit (how did he learn it though??)

16. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader (and The Life & Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi)- as Vader's dying, Kenobi's spirit steps in, and offers Anakin's spirit a chance to learn that ability, before he fades.

"But Master ... Why me?"
    "Because you ended the horror. Because you fulfilled the prophesy. Because you were ... and are, the Chosen One. Because I was wrong about you. And because you are my friend."

17. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    I love The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi. It is simple but thoroughly entertaining. It is the very reason I want to start reading EU novels.

18. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    There's four books in that style by that author (who's written lots of other SW books as well)- one for Luke, one for Vader, one for Obi-Wan, and one for Darth Maul.

19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yes because magic.

kainee likes this.
  20. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 6, 2013
    I'm going to have to get those books, I haven't read them. Thanks

21. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    It amazes me how Obi-Wan could have said all that, I mean, Vader did a LOT of other bad sh!t before doing that one good action.

22. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Qui-Gon had told Obi-Wan he needed to overcome his anger at Anakin in the past- but it wasn't till then, that he overcame it.

Darth Chiznuk and Lady_Misty like this.
  23. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    That pretty stupid. That would mean every parent of every Force sensitive becomes Force sensitive. Not to mention it is confirmed in Darth Plagiues that midichlorians are not transferable to endow Force power where there is none.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  24. Darth Liberatus

Darth Liberatus Jedi Padawan star 1

May 13, 2013
    It's possible. It really depends on where they go with the nature of consciousness in the Star Wars universe. Qui-Gon taught Obi-Wan and Yoda how to become Force ghosts if I remember correctly, but that doesn't mean that others don't retain their identity after death; it only means that they are unable to interact with the living. If they do retain their identity and can interact with others who have died, then it is reasonable to assume that Anakin will be able to teach Padme how to become a Force ghost. It is also reasonable to think that Padme is Force sensitive and just never realized it in her life because everything happens for a reason in accordance with the will of the Force, Anakin and Padme obviously have a very strong connection, and Anakin is more powerful in the Force than pretty much anyone else, ever.

kainee likes this.
  25. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Because of a bureaucratic error they are reunited in the Netherrealm instead of the Netherworld.
    Fight!

[​IMG]

kainee and Iron_lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.