main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN Cumberland Knights FanFilm?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Aderagon, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK-616

TK-616 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    That's great Trebeck.

2. NorvelleJedi05

NorvelleJedi05 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2002
    Yodafett, it sounds like fun. Did you get my email @ yahoo?

3. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I've been thru several rigorous courses of "Internet Drama" at the finest learning institutions the online Star Wars community has to offer...feel free to mine my expertise as much as necessary. ;)

4. yodafett999

yodafett999 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    I did receive it and have sent you a reply, Norvelle.

Sebulba, you know I'll mine that twisted cranium of yours for all it's worth :)

5. JediKitty

JediKitty Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 1999
    Sounds like fun!

Don't forget, a really good comedy is difficult, too...if you are are asking the opinions of fringe members :), dramatic sounds like the way to go. (Unless it's something quick like 'Hardware Wars'-shorter is usually better in comedy.)

If there's a well written script and a spot for an extra Jedi, I volunteer! :)
    (Also have some experience in building props and detailing sets)

6. TK1428

TK1428 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2002
    I think a Dramatic movie would help our credibility more than a bad comedy. I do think that it should focus more on the Story and Acting than the FX. I've seen some bad movies with good fx. The trick is to balance it with humor.

7. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    I've got an idea for a storyline idea for a dramatic movie but I wanna wait till we have the writers set first.

8. Jedi_Dad-1138

Jedi_Dad-1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    Good news for the IK and the Fan Film. I have a new member that will be coming with me to the next meeting. His name is Glen Guimond not only is he a Star Wars fan but is also a published fiction writer. Does anyone know who is heading up the fan film at this time?

9. theWOOK

theWOOK Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2002
    I now the first meeting is slated for end of the summer at best. I still feel a preliminary meeting is in order just to get everyone on the same page. Everyone has ideas, opinions, etc. When we eventually get together it could be a real headache. I have been around films like this before. Too many ideas, too many creative people, too little power to share.

A meeting, however, basic could get every one together and create a rough & flexible, yet semi-cohesive vision.

10. yodafett999

Sep 24, 2000
    I will be at the meeting on Wednesday night and will be available to talk about ideas for the fan film in an informal setting. We'll set up some sort of meeting for sometime soon so that people can share ideas.

Now, before we start I have a few things that need to be said and I'll reiterate them at further meetings.

As theWook has said sometimes these kinds of films can be a headache. Everyone wants to get their ideas into the mix and then things start to snowball from there. Everyone will be heard, that I promise. However, not everyone's ideas will be used in a first film or, possibly even a second film. It is a collaborative medium but it needs strong focus and clarity of vision to achieve goals and sometimes the visions will not match. This will be unavoidable but it will not be allowed to create ill will or serve to alienate people in the group.

Everything that is taken into consideration will be for the good of the film and, even if an idea is not used immediately, it does not bar it's use from future endeavors.

We will talk about the best way to get all the information to each individual who is interested in having it at a later time but for now all I ask is to come up with ideas that you would like to see or things you think would make for a great story. If you have an entire storyline, as opposed to one short scene that you would like to see, then go ahead and write it up in outline form. Hit the high points of the story, include any subplots and characters necessary, but don't worry about dialogue right now.

Coming up with a great storyline is where it starts, we will build from there.

If you are having trouble getting your ideas onto paper then feel free to email me at contact@thefilmcradle.com and I will try and help you as much as possible.

The most important thing is for us to have fun making a film or series of films and getting everyone we can involved in some way. We have the building blocks for a great production and I have faith in this entire group to come together and make the best fanfilm we can possibly make.

We'll take it slow in the beginning, ease our way into it, but once we really start going this thing is going to move fast and you guys are going to have a great time.

Feel free to contact me about anything (questions, concerns, ideas...anything) and know that I will do everything in my power to make everyone's experience enjoyable and allow everyone to feel that they really were a part of a great team and put out a great product.

Thanks for your time and I'll see you guys on Wednesday night :)

-- Jeff Campbell

11. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    Well said Jeff

12. yodafett999

Sep 24, 2000
    Thank you, Fearless Leader ;)

13. Naboo Queen

Naboo Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 1999
    Sounds like you really have it together, Jeff. This should be fun.

14. Tk-Jabba

Tk-Jabba Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    JediKitty wants to go out with me.

Lick. Lick.

15. Aderagon

Aderagon Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2001
    w00t!

This looks like it's really going to come together. I'm looking forward to (hopefully) being a part of it. :)

16. NorvelleJedi05

NorvelleJedi05 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2002
    yodafett999: I was @ the Duncan Video Showcase today. Is your Avid system a Avid Xpress DV v3 or a Avid Xpress DV v3 PowerPack?

17. yodafett999

Sep 24, 2000
    Version 3 I believe, no Powerpack. I'm not sure exactly though. I haven't been able to try it since I run Windows 98 and it is a Win2000 version.

We will probably be using Final Cut Pro 3 to edit the fan films though.

18. t8v9

t8v9 Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2002
    Hello every one...

Just as a reminder that I most of channel 8 at our disposal, and I have been shooting ENG for over 7 years... I hope that I can help you out in someway.

gary

19. djtom

djtom Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 2001
    Heres a link to a VERY informative fanfilm tutorial...

http://www.theforce.net/theater/general/jacetaran/index.shtml

20. leiterside

leiterside Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2002
    I will help with the script. This will be one of the most important things to get started on since it will be the backbone of the film. A good script will make for a good film. The script will take sometime to complete as most need to be revised several times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.