main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~~~Dark Forces: Jedi Knight Revival- Come one, come all!~~~

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Connemara, Oct 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terra

Terra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    I would just like to remind everyone how much I ruled.

Thank you.

2. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    Just you wait till next week! :p

Nah, I've only played twice, and I finally got used to the saber last game, so I should get used to the Force powers next game. I'll probably get cleaned up.

3. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    All right, the highly anticipated (well, not really, but anyway, who's counting?) First Game of the Season Screenies!!!!

I shall discuss them as we proceed through:

Here is the end score of our first level. As you can see, Terra did, in fact, own...as my dead body visually attests.

But I was not totally helpless during Terra'sreign of terror, Here is an exmaple of Cait's infamous double ownage. Notice how honorably I sliced Wampasmak through the back.

However, Terra lost his nerve after that first resounding victory, and left. After that I was the supreme Full Force champ, untouchable by any of the others. Here is a much more triumphant Sarris, standing over a headless Wampasmak. ;)

Here is a look at a very intimidating dude. Yes folks, tis the infamous AWB, the same bloke I mistakingly spent the entire evening referring to as The Anakin Wannabe. This was while we were preparing for the official screenie, and AWB was glaring blaster bolts at poor Wampasmak.

Here's the end screenie of Blades of Death, where I reached my personal pinnacle of ownage. Just had to share it with you. [face_devil]

After that we proceeded to switch over to No Force, and my reign ended. Jedi Solo left the game, and Here you can see our mysterious AWB was the master of No Force.

Here is the Jedi Tower level, where AWB reached *his* pinnacle of ownage.

By the last level I was determined to make a comeback. The entire Battlegroung Jedi level was a neck and neck race between AWB and I, for who could make the more kill before the score limit was hit.

Within the last two minutes of play I was behind by three, and then, in stunning comeback from behind...The pwnage crown of Connemara is restored!!

Whew, twas a hell of a good game guys! I look forward to next week's adventure.

And here, of course I didn't forget it, is the official Game Screenie. Sorry, Ultima 1, for some reason you were cut out of the picture. We'll hafta work harder on our positions for the screenie next time, guys, dunno what happened there.

Anyway, many thanks to Ultima 1 for hosting all the screenies with his webspace.

And until next time, this is your screenie album host, Connemara, signing off.

Yes, I am aware I take myself way too seriously.

:p

Edit- Fixed a link for the Jedi Tower screenie :)

4. The_Anakin_Wannabe

Jan 21, 2003
    Yes folks, tis the infamous AWB, the same bloke I mistakingly spent the entire evening referring to as The Anakin Wannabe.

I know you want me.

5. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Oh, you just gotta copy/paste the links that didn't work. I think they must be too long for the markup codes to work properly. :confused:

And yes, I want you, TAW...I want you in game next week so I can disabuse you of this concept that you're better than me. ;)

6. The_Anakin_Wannabe

Jan 21, 2003
    She's trying to establish dominance. For guys who don't know much women you have to learn one thing. They think their the boss, and thus, they will do stuff like this. They will try and establish their dominance over you. Us males naturally think it's funny, but you got to let them think that they are in control, but we really know whose boss.

7. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    Oh, you just gotta copy/paste the links that didn't work. I think they must be too long for the markup codes to work properly. :confused:

And you need to remove the space randomly placed by TFN in these posts. IE will interpret that as %20, which, in HTML, means a space, and there's not a space in the file, just that TFN puts there.

By the last level I was determined to make a comeback. The entire Battlegroung Jedi level was a neck and neck race between AWB and I, for who could make the more kill before the score limit was hit.

Within the last two minutes of play I was behind by three, and then, in stunning comeback from behind...The pwnage crown of Connemara is restored!!

Wah.

Just for the record though, Smak was running in circles, so I couldn't get a clear path to saber him. :mad: So I pulled out my blaster and shot him. He died. :p Then I had no force speed or anything to go get the last kill.

And, I'm used to JKII controls, so I took forever adjusting. And I suck with teh force.

Therefore, I'll do better next week unless AW is actually good. ;)

(This is gonna be like a 100 page thread by the tourney, and people'll be scared to cuh-lick.)

8. Terra

Terra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    His skills are insignificant compared to the power of the r0x0ring.

9. Jedi_Solo

Jedi_Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    Here are my screen shots of the game

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/jedishomepage/jkpic.htm

enjoy!

Ps
    You know my skill with the saber far surpases you own ;)

10. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    I'm planning on setting up a few JK games for November while Connemara is running MotS month.

I won't be able to set up dates much more than a week in advance due to my work schedule coming out a week at a time, but here are the games I'm planning (mods/levels are on the first post, and I'll reference the date they're listed under):

SPORK(see January 6 game) Full Force on the regular levels

CTF on Massassi Level Pack four (January 30)

Full Force/No Force on Galactic Locations Level Pack (see October 20)

Anyone with any other ideas should post them here.

11. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Sounds good, Ultima :)

Oh, shoot, that reminds me...it would prolly be a good idea if *I* got MotS before then...see, my disk is cracked :_|

People, you need to remind me to order that!!!

12. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    That's not good. Maybe you'll be able to run JK games then after all, so the dates can be announced sooner.

13. The_Anakin_Wannabe

Jan 21, 2003
    Therefore, I'll do better next week unless AW is actually good

:D

Conne, it just looks like your going to have to just canel MOTS month. Ahwell, it's a great loss, but I think it's necessary.

14. Wampasmak

Wampasmak Jedi Master star 3

Apr 6, 2000
    Running in circles and shooting wildly is just one of the advanced losing tactics employed by the Knight of the Plastic Saber.

15. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    I own MOTS.

16. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    BTW, an online friend (NXTB on TFN) might play next week. But might not.

17. The_Anakin_Wannabe

Jan 21, 2003
    I own MOTS

I don't :(

18. Jedi_Solo

Jan 27, 2002
    ebay man!

19. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Yeah, I am gonna get the game. I still got time...how long does Lucasarts take to ship?

20. The_Anakin_Wannabe

Jan 21, 2003
    BAH! Ebay sucks. Everyone I have spoken to who bought something from Ebay paid but never received their goods.

Besides, I'm sure theres other ways of getting it without being shafted.

21. Jedi_Solo

Jan 27, 2002
    too bad that it doesn't come with JK anymore

22. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    GOOD NEWS!!

There will still be a MotS month! I've installed MotS, and the install went fine, I even started a game in MP, just to make sure it would work. I haven't tested it fully yet, but so far it's fine. There is soemthing wanky with the CD, so if anyone can tell me those tricks to enabling MotS to run without the CD, that would be much better of course. I know JP knows that sorta thing...you around here somewhere, JP?

23. The_Anakin_Wannabe

Jan 21, 2003
    My friend. I present you with this link

24. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Yay! *hugs TAW*

We can now play MotS ;)

25. The_Anakin_Wannabe

Jan 21, 2003