main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Darth Bane: The Rule of Two

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jankarakk, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    Has anyone else read this novel by Drew Karpyshyn???

2. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    I have it but I havent read it yet.

3. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    It's good just a couple of things that kinda bothered me. Perhaps we can compare once you're read it.

4. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    I read it.

5. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    What did you think about it? Overall I did enjoy it, but I did have a few things that I was like what the heck....no that shouldn't happen.

6. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    I liked it. What did you have problems with?

7. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    I just didn't like that a particular species that is supposed to be unknown until after the death of the emperor not only makes an appearance in the book but also seems to be recognized on sight.

8. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    but i really am coming to terms with it...especially since a rpg book i've recently acquired points out nicely that knowledge of certain force powers comes and goes with eras so why not also of different species and their planets of origin?

9. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    which species?

10. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    the chiss. and also the noghri though i don't remember if any were actually in either of the two novels but they make mention of honoghr several times in both stories. my understanding is neither were really all that well known about until the thrawn trilogy.

did that just for people who may have not read the books yet and are wanting to avoid anything that might potentially be a spoiler.

11. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    In Thrawn Trilogy, Thrawn was already a Grand Admiral, yes? Well in some Empire comics I am reading, he appears as Captain Thrawn, and the Emperor is impressed with his utter lack of emotional reaction upon hearing the news that the Death Star had been destroyed. So, it stands to reason that Csillia had been discovered, and the occasional Chiss ventured out into the galaxy...

And yes, Saga Edition is quite the set of books. It seems that most of the skills/feats/talents/powers are now based on combat, where in the prior d20 system, there was a lot more versatility to shape out a non-combat character. What do you think?

12. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    The earliest book in the chronology before this one was published was the Outbound Flight novel. But yes I do see your point :)

Yes WotC does seem to have attempted to make it more of a dungeon crawl like D&D. Especially with their heavy emphasis on using the mini's. I'm not a big fan of them in D&D but I would be interested to see them come out with some campaign modules other than the Dawn of Defiance RPGA campaign that they are taking their time with coming out with all 10 volumes of. But something I've noticed in my more recent gaming incursions with my smaller gaming group (I miss the big Saturday night group lol) is that the fewer people you have the easier it is to implement more actual role playing elements as opposed to just when you have a big group it's really hard to do so and it's mainly "Okay we have a mission let go blow stuff up." Those are fun too though :D I just like rolling the dice and having free time to be a geek with fellow geeks.

13. KleptoKlown

KleptoKlown Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 5, 2004
    Geekyness is pwnage.

That is all.

14. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    Hey signs of life from someone else yay!!! Thank the force! lol