main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Defiance

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by moosemousse, Feb 18, 2013.

1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    There's a new TV show starting soon called 'Defiance'. I don't know much about the show but there is a tie in game of the same name. The game will be an MMO Shooter and will release on PC, PS3, and 360. From what I've seen it looks pretty neat and I've got my copy on preorder already.

Also, registering codes on the website will unlock bonuses, like extra inventory slots and weapon skill bonuses. The codes are easy to find with google, so you don't need to hunt them down.

The official website: http://www.defiance.com/
    The game wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defiance_(video_game)
    The TV show wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defiance_(TV_series)

2. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I thought this was about the Legacy of Kain finale.

3. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    I play tested this game! It was quite a while ago, very rough around the edges at that point, but I had fun with it.

The idea of intermixing game with TV is interesting. Lets hope it delivers on its ambition.

4. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    The third beta started today for PC and 360! As I've preordered it I was guaranteed a place in it. So far I'm really liking it. I haven't play it a lot but I can see myself playing this most of the time. I really look forward to seeing how it ties in with the TV series.

5. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Game is coming tommrow! Anyone else playing on 360?

6. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Yes, me. Unfortunately Amazon have been rubbish and I won't get my copy for another two weeks or so. I am getting the ultimate epic edition so it'll be worth the wait. Also, when I do get to start there won't be every single player doing the first few quests at the same time like in the beta. That was crazy.

7. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I am getting it on Friday and going to play it over spring break.

8. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I played the beta for a bit on PS3 and liked it, but will probably wait for the price to drop.

9. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    TotalBiscuit is saying it still seems very Beta in places, which is not so good. Le sigh at MMO launches.

10. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I finally got my copy of the game on Thursday and have been playing it a lot since then. I have a few niggles with it, but overall I'm really enjoying it. Arkfalls are pretty spectacular and lots of fun. I can see a lot of similarities to Borderlands in the weapons and such, but that's not a bad thing. Well, I love Borderlands so I might be biased. All in all, it's a really interesting universe with interesting characters.

Oh, and the TV show starts tonight. I can't wait for that.

11. JohnDude

JohnDude Jedi Knight

Apr 25, 2013
    I'm enjoying Defiance. It is a fresh step away from the hack and slash MMO. I haven't watched the show yet, but I do have them DVRed!

12. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Yeah, it's been great. I've been rushing through the story missions to get to a place on a map that only unlocks at a certain point. It's been great. I had a go at the multiplayer and co-op missions, and that was great fun too. Multiplayer is standard fare really with nothing particularly special about it, other than the EGO perks and weapons. Still, I recommend having a go because it's fun. Co-op is 4 player with a mission objective. Keep an eye on the 'Goals' section as they've put up some new pursuits that'll run out soon. I've done five out of the six but the sixth is kind of a pain and doesn't give much I can't get any other way. I'm just wishing I could share a picture of my character. That'd be so cool.

13. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Sorry for the double post, but I thought this was too exciting to not share.

The big thing about Defiance is that the TV show and game are tied together. Some characters have appeared in the game and there's been other in game stuff from the show too, and now in game stuff will be in the show. But it's exciting because it could be you! All you have to do is win the contest and your likeness will appear in an upcoming show! Cool, no? I doubt it'll be easy but it'll be worth trying out. For full details, see the link below.

http://www.defiance.com/en/most-wanted/