main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Destiny's Heir (HTTE AU) Completed 2/19

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tych_sel, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Disclaimer: As usual, I own nothing in the Star Wars galaxy, but am just playing in the Flanneled One's sandbox. All rights to any characters seen in the following fics remain with their original creators. I also owe a great thanks to Timothy Zahn, whose novels give this fic a backbone.

Author's note: This fic takes place five years after the Battle of Endor as seen in Destiny's Hope.

Destiny's Heir

Prologue: Return

The Empire I swore to protect is gone. It died over the forest moon of Endor, and I was powerless to stop it. A ragtag group of Rebels managed to defeat an Empire that should have stood for a thousand years. I was there, and should have done more. But I didn't. But before I could do restore the Empire my master founded, I needed to learn. I needed skills that far surpassed my current level. I needed to focus on the true trial, the trial of the Dark Side. I have come to understand the truths of the Sith precepts, and feel ready to announce my return.

Peace is a lie. There is only passion. The first precept is the easiest, as it should be. I realized that in my struggle to stay hidden, I'd let my passion become dulled. The Rebels seek the impossible, and too often have some small success. But passion will be their undoing, and the passion that rages inside me will never be quenched.

Through passion, I gain strength. It's actually quite simple. The passionate hate I feel motivates me, it gives the determination I need. The fates of the Rebels have been sealed, and they cannot be changed. Forces already are moving against them, forces that I can use to complete the destruction of the Alliance.

Through strength, I gain power. The ways of the Sith are not easy. If one is to truly understand the Dark Side, one must be willing to surrender to it. But one must also have the strength to control it, to master it. Only then can one gain access to the full power of the Dark Side. Vader never understood this. My Master understood this, which is why he sought another, one who could someday replace Vader. He sought one who would have the strength to seize power. One such as me.

Through power, I gain victory. The power I've gained will give me access to the greatest of the Empire's weapons. I also now possess the power to defeat Leia Skywalker, once and for all. With her out of the way, the path to greatness and redemption lies before me.

Through victory, my chains are broken. When the Alliance falls, the chains that bind me to the past will be broken. The vision of my master will be vindicated, and my last link to the past will be broken, my enemies vanquished. The galaxy will bow before me, and the full power of the Dark Side will forever hold sway.

This I vow. My name is Lumiya, and soon, all will tremble at the mere mention of it. I am the Dark Lady of the Sith, and my vision will not be denied.

That's all for now, I'm afraid. I'm not sure what my posting schedule's going to be on this, as I have very little actually written at the point. But I'll try and get the first part of Chapter 1 up sometime this weekend.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

2. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Ooh! First Reply! [face_dancing]
    I get the first spot on the PM list, right? [face_batting] I loved "Destiny's Hope" and I can't wait to see where you will take this! And I love your prologue, based off of the Sith Code...
    Can't wait for more!

3. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Oooh, what an intriguing start!!! I really liked Destiny's Hope so I can't wait to see where you take this! :)
    =D= =D= =D= =D=
    Thanks for the pm! You can keep me on the list! ;)

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Great start! Please put me on the PM list!

=D=

5. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Excellent prologue Tych_sel! I've always wanted to see more on Lumiya. If you have a PM list, can add me to it?

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I'm gonna love this... I know it!!! PMs please? [face_batting] Hugs!!

7. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    Ooh, interesting! :D I know approximately zilch about Lumiya, but the POV has my attention already. I like the idea of looking at things from her perspective, and you do a nice job with it. Good post; I'll look forward to the next!

8. Darth_Kripp

Darth_Kripp Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Oh, your assessment is quite true, Milady. However, I'm afraid that you've forgotten one of the most important principles:
    "Your over-confidence is your weakness, as it was for your master".
    Good luck, for you're gonna need it.

9. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    Wow, I like this! Please add me to the PM list! :)

10. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I will be following this as closely as I can. I read a few bits and pieces of Destiny's Hope and I will want to see what happens. You can put me on the PM List.

11. Kevin_Solo

Kevin_Solo Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 22, 2007
    It's great to see the start to this sequel, Tych_sel, and thanks for the PM! Lumiya as a Sith Lady will certainly be a formidable foe for the Rebels. [face_thinking][face_thinking]

12. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    Hey! Loved the prologue and can't wait for more!

Great Job! Can i get on the PM list please?

PHGS Weyr

13. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Good start be sure and put me on the PM List.

14. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Allow me to begin by saying that I'm staggered by the response so far. I only hope the story's worthy of it!

SithGirl: I suppose it would only be fair to give you the first spot. Glad you liked the Sith-based prologue. I suppose it comes because of those big bold words on the back cover of the HttE paperback: Beware the Dark Side.

dancing_star: Glad you found your way here, and enjoyed the beginning. Hopefully, I can keep you intrigued.

VaderLVR: Thanks! You're certainly on the PM list.

corellian_ale: I'll be happy to add you to the list. I started off with Lumiya back in Destiny's Hope, but couldn't find a good reason to kill her off. I also think she can be a more interesting villan than some of the other Dark Jedi we've seen.

Jade_eyes: Hopefully you'll love it. And yes, PMs will be forthcoming.

The_Face: My Lumiya will be different from the canon Sith Lady, so no previous knowledge is necessary, though reading through Destiny's Hope may help one understand where she's coming from. Glad you liked the POV, though I have to admit that it's not going to be the POV for the majority of the fic.

Kripp: Yes, she has overlooked her own arrogance and overconfidence, hasn't she?

Thrawn1786: Glad you like. I'll be happy to add you to the list.

JediLiz: Glad to see you'll be following this, even if you aren't able to follow it as closely as you'd like. I'll be happy to add you to the PM list.

Kevin: You didn't think I'd leave everybody hanging for too long, did you? Lumiya should be a formidable fioe indeed.

PHGS_Weyr: I'll add your name to the growing list of PMs. Glad you liked the prologue, and trust me, more is on the way.

ccp: Thanks! And you're on the list!

Okay, with replies finished, here comes the beginning of Chapter 1.

Chapter 1

"Captain Pellaeon?" called a voice from the portside crew pit. The person being addressed ignored the call, almost as though he expected the call to be repeated. He finished looking over the latest planned course correction, and then turned from the navigation console to find a young man approaching. "Captain Pellaeon, the picket line reports that the scout ships have returned."

"Lieutenant Tschel, I don't know what they're teaching at the academy these days, but on the bridge of a Star Destroyer one doesn't simply shout information, and hope it reaches the person for whom it is intended. There are procedures to be followed, and if you cannot grasp such a simple concept, perhaps I should have you reassigned to a less vital location." That ought to do, Pellaeon thought. Fifty years, he'd been serving in the fleet, first under the Old Republic and then under the Empire.

"I apologize, sir," Tschel said. "I meant no disrespect."

"Of course you didn't. But for just a moment, consider what might have happened had there been a Rebel agent aboard," Pellaeon said. Now that Tschel had been reprimanded, it was time to ensure that he understood why such things were not done.

"I understand, sir. It won?t happen again."

"Very well, Lieutenant. Return to your station." Pellaeon watched as Tschel crossed the command walkway, and descended back into the crew pit. Then he turned back to the viewport, looking at the reflection it presented. His face was growing heavy, his mustache long since gone gray. Tschel was only part of the problem, he realized. In the glory days, it would have been inconceivable for such a youth to serve as an officer on the bridge of an Imperial-class Destroyer such as the Chimaera.

So much had happened to change that. Darth Vader and the Emperor had both died aboard the second Death Star. And while Pellaeon hadn't exactly understood why the Emperor had considered it necessary to build a second one after the first had been destroyed, it had cost the Empire dearly, taking with it the best and brightest of the Imperial fleet.

Or rather, the best and brightest tha

15. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    I've always liked Pellaeon; he's a good character, and you've done a nice job with him here. Good post, and thanks for the PM. :)

16. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Ooh, great rewrite of the beginning of Heir to the Empire. Nice to see you give Pellaeon some depth early in the story, and I really like it so far! Oh yes, Lumiya, your overconfidence may just be your downfall...

17. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    A very intriguing update!:) I'm excited![face_dancing] I love the Thrawn Trilogy- Heir to the Empire was my favorite! [face_love]
    Very well done!
    =D= =D= =D= =D=
    P.S. Thanks for the pm!:)

18. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    hmmm, so Thrawn's still in charge, but I wonder if this means Lumiya is going to be trying to oust the insane clone C'baoth? What i mean - is she going to be the one to trick Leia. And I wonder if Luke's trained as a Jedi. This will get very interesting, indeed.

19. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    :_| Too short!

:D Awesome job. Thrawn and Pellaeon. Two of my favorite characters!!!

=D= Can't wait until the next update!

20. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    *delurks* *relurks*

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Super beginning. Liked Pellaeon very much and am glad to see him here also. Thrawn and Lumiya... [face_thinking] I also have an inkling that she'll take the role of C'baoth o_O Woot!!! Talon and Mara will show up also!!!! [face_dancing] Thanks ever for the PM :D Might I ask how far into the TTT this will go? :) This has the wonderful texture and feel of the TTT already. *happy sigh*

22. Darth_Kripp

Darth_Kripp Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Interesting...

23. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    Great Stuff! I love TTT Heir was my favourite, also the first star wars book i ever read!! Can't wait to see the next part!

Thanks for the PM!

PHGS Weyr

24. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Palleon has always been one of my favorite characters! And you're certainly doing him justice here! :)

"Very good, though I believe that the trouble has followed them home." He turned one of the monitors to face Pellaeon. "I take it you recognize the design?"

Pellaeon did. Approaching the Chimaera was a squadron of Rebel fighters, an old Nebulon-B frigate hanging back. It was the better part of a task force. "How did you already know?" Pellaeon asked, more than a little astonished.

"If the pursuit consisted of Rebels, they would not have given up simply because a wing jumped into hyperspace. No, Captain, I think you'd best prepare the Chimaera for combat," Thrawn said, opening his eyes. "I suppose we'll just have to teach the Rebels yet another lesson." He straightened his uniform jacket, the white seeming even more brilliant against his pale blue skin. "And then we'll see if the strike was successful."

=D=

25. Kevin_Solo

Kevin_Solo Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 22, 2007
    A good Chapter 1, Tych_sel! =D= Obviously, it's more than a little like the start of Heir to the Empire. However, I did like the greater detail you gave to Captain Pellaeon:

Pellaeon watched as Tschel crossed the command walkway, and descended back into the crew pit. Then he turned back to the viewport, looking at the reflection it presented. His face was growing heavy, his mustache long since gone gray. Tschel was only part of the problem, he realized. In the glory days, it would have been inconceivable for such a youth to serve as an officer on the bridge of an Imperial-class Destroyer such as the Chimaera.

So much had happened to change that. Darth Vader and the Emperor had both died aboard the second Death Star. And while Pellaeon hadn't exactly understood why the Emperor had considered it necessary to build a second one after the first had been destroyed, it had cost the Empire dearly, taking with it the best and brightest of the Imperial fleet.

Or rather, the best and brightest that had been at Endor. He realized that he'd failed to notice the passage of time, and after seeing that the bridge was well in hand, retreated from the bridge. It was time to report to his commander.

Then we have a repeat of the scene where he goes to Thrawn in the second command room. Thrawn is in what we know to be his usual form:

"How did you already know?" Pellaeon asked, more than a little astonished.

"If the pursuit consisted of Rebels, they would not have given up simply because a wing jumped into hyperspace. No, Captain, I think you'd best prepare the Chimaera for combat," Thrawn said, opening his eyes. "I suppose we'll just have to teach the Rebels yet another lesson." He straightened his uniform jacket, the white seeming even more brilliant against his pale blue skin. "And then we'll see if the strike was successful."

I think we all want to know how you're going to have him deal with Lumiya...[face_thinking] o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.