main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Destiny's Way

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by sjjediknight, Feb 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjjediknight

sjjediknight Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2001
    Just completed another installment of the NJO. I enjoyed the various aspects of the plot and as stated before look forward to a new storyline as like most readers we have grow weary with the VONG enemy of the New Republic. It appears that they are developing Jacen along as a future Master out of this new batch of Jedi Knights.

2. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    i'm still trying to plod my way through dark tide rising part 1, or whatever it's called (shows how much i was paying attention :p ). someone told me i could skip over vector prime, especially since i knew about the vong and chewie. i'm not very keen on the vong ... partly because i was in an RPG about 1.5 years ago where they were the new enemy and there was virtually no way around them...it's nice to have a very challenging foe, i admit, but it's not fun when they're impossible to beat or get around.

3. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    I have to say I'm looking forward to wrapping up the Vong chapter of SW. I think they've done a decent job of stringing it out as long as they have with new developments both in characters and in the battles.
    More looking forward to new novels set during the Clone Wars :D

4. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    yeah i myself prefer the prequel and pre-prequel era books/comics, as i've said before. although i did enjoy dark forces (the kyle katarn story) ... or at least the book on tape version of it anyway. it was very entertaining. i ended up yelling at the characters (especially jan orrs) most of the time.

5. sjjediknight

Feb 11, 2001
    No doubt we all have our axes to grind with the storyline. Chewie being the first main plotline character to be bumped off and then Anakin. I am not sure where there heads have been through this series at times, but did enjoy Destiny's way. I would enjoy some novelization of the early Jedi Knight era also.

6. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Hey Carrie, did you get all 3 parts od the Kyle Katarn story on tape? I wish they'd do more books on tape like that. I don'thave the patience to listen to someone reading the book, but you throw in voice actors, sound effects and music and I'm all over it.
    I have all the radio dramas on CD. 2 Dark Empire and 2 Tales of the Jedi stories on tape, similar to the Dark Forces stuff, I love those!
    Edit: Almost forgot to mention the Rebel Mission to Ord Mantell on LP :D

7. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    dex, yeah, i've got all 3 parts on CD actually, got them at job lot as a set for like $6. yeah i liked the sound effects and music myself :) my dad got me michael crichton's latest ("prey") on tape for christmas, and while it's good, i'm like where's the sound effects? :p

8. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    I'm like a kid. I'm having fits waiting for the two Outbound Project books. I still Zahn is the man when it comes to Star Wars EU.

9. sjjediknight

Feb 11, 2001
    Zahn, was how I got hooked in the EU with Heir to the Empire. Since then I have read all of the main thread books to date. Have not read many of the off shoot books like the bounty hunter or tales from Jabba's palace books.
    I was watching ANH the other night and really enjoying the simplicity of the film along with the awesome visuals that Lucas set the tone with in that film. Still am amaazed about the opening sequence and how cool and timeless the shot of the star destroyer is coming out of the top of the screen and going on forever!

10. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    The Tales from Jabba's book is great! It's almost like SW Pulp Fiction. All the stories tie into at least one other one somewhere along the way. The Cantina one is pretty good too. You'll see the movie differently after knowing how lots of the cantina patrons came to be there that day.

11. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    ah i love the tales books! isn't there a tales of the bounty hunters too? i devoured those in high school.

12. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Yep there were three Tales books. I think the Cantina one is my fave. Mainly b/c I've always liked Figrin D'an and I used to bring my (1978) Hammerhead action figure with me everywhere. Him and the Power Droid. Hmmm..maybe I was the first Gonk-worshipper...

LOL

13. sjjediknight

Feb 11, 2001
    Thanks for all of your inputs... you have inspired me to re-think my opinion of the string of splinter books. Would not have thought about the Cantina connection to ANH viewing.

14. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    i love the gonk droid [face_love]

i think i have to find some time to go back and read things like splinter of the mind's eye etc. isn't that the one with luuke skywalker or am i getting things mixed up as usual?

15. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Luuke Skywalker was the clone of Luke that Joruus Cboath used to try and kill Luke in the original Zahn trilogy. Spinter of the Mind's Eye was the farse written by Foster where Luke took on Vader shortly after the battle of Yavin and wins. You are led to believe Vader is dead. Foster's last book was much better and directly ties into ATOC.

16. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    In his defense, there was no knowledge of a future movie at the time. But I have to agree, overall, it was so-so. (The original Solo trilogy was much better!)
    Kaiburr crystal or not, I can't buy Luke cutting Vader's arm off so soon after ANH.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.