main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Diary Challenge 2013 question for mini challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Diary_Challenge_Sock, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    And my question has yet to be answered... [face_whistling]

Jedi_Falcon

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Congrats Hazel *throws confetti*

Hazel likes this.
  3. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    *throws more confetti*[face_party]
    Congratulations Hazel:)

Hazel likes this.
  4. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    No it's not. Tags only last for three days then they're automatically deleted and it doesn't matter if you have read them or not. I've been tagged for stories and by the time I get to them the tag is already deleted. Please continue to pm the sock thanks.

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Congrats Hazel[face_dancing]

And when is the sock updating and putting all the diaries in?

Hazel likes this.
  6. Volund Starfire

Volund Starfire Jedi Master star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    Question not the sock lest it releases the foot.

((he said he would be updating it every week or so))

7. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Just out of curiosity, do you check on a diary before you pronounce it dead? Because I know I'll forget the PM again.

Also, for next year, the rules really need to be updated. I don't think the confusing three month rule is in effect anymore, is it? In 2011 and 2012 if a diary went a month and a week without being updated, it got deleted.

8. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Don't see my diary on the list...

9. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I still need to actually type my entries. I wrote two, but I need to type them, still. I'd do it tonight, but I'm really tired.

10. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Finally got my computer up and running yesterday. Took a bit longer than I had hoped, but yay! Didn't have much chance to write yesterday so I started my diary today. It's a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Warhammer 40,000 cross-over. Hope you like it. :)

In the Grim Darkness of Ponyville

11. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    My diary isn't in the directory and I pmed the Sock. What do I have to do to fix this?

12. Volund Starfire

Sep 5, 2012
    Okay, this sounds psychotically amazing.

13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Just wait till the end of the month. JediFalcon is a busy person and (from personal experience of controlling a sock) probably only signs into the sock account twice a month. Your diary will get into the directory, eventually. If it still isn't by the end of the month PM it again.

14. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    I'm continuing the diary I started last year before the move (the one that I asked about up thread.) The first post for this year went up on 1-18-13. All of the truncated posts are edited, so past entries should be complete and readable.

Shark Kibble: The Datapad of Student ISBTECH 815761

Timeframe: Beyond the Saga, starting 21 ABY.

Characters: OC's (Lydia Shelvay, Inder Barrett, Xenon Bramer, Tamir Zelenus, Aika Lesedi, Jarl Ombyrne, various), minor canon characters (Elena and Corwin Shelvay, Antinnis Tremayne, various)

Summary: This is a diary told from the viewpoint of Lydia Shelvay, a young woman from one of the most obscure of the scattered Outer Rim backwaters of the Imperial Remnant. She seeks to join the rising Second Imperium as a technician for their growing intelligence organization, but her journey to the last warlike holdouts of the Empire leads to some uncomfortable discoveries. Not the least of which regards the presence of unsuspected objects of much too centipede-like origin in her brain. Worse yet, she finds that some of the mysteries of her new world are inextricably linked to her family’s troubled secret history. And don’t even get her started on the thing with the sharks…

15. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I know that we're all busy in our lives but it's been a month since the challenge started and the index has yet to be properly updated. It's not really fair towards the participants.

16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I don't want to nag either, but I agree with Ceillean. Some of the diaries are not even up there yet, which might be discouraging to those participants.

17. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I agree with Ceilean and Briannakin. The latter brings up a good point, as one of my diaries isn't up there.

18. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I apologize to everyone, in the past two weeks I have been using up a lot of my spare time to get a baby blanket finished. I have less then a week to get it done as the shower is one week from today

19. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Diary_Challenge_Sock Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2007
    Index has been updated. Please let me know if I missed anything.

20. Volund Starfire

Sep 5, 2012
    Just the spelling of my name. :)

21. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Holo-Diary of Master Dooku is set in "Before" not "Saga". At the very end of the diary (hopefully) is when it goes into TPM.

22. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Is it too early to start going "wah! no one is commenting on my diary! wah! :_|"? Cos I'm tempted to. [face_batting]

TrakNar likes this.
  23. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I'm not familiar with either of the universes your story is a crossover of, so I'm kind of lost reading it, so didn't comment.

There is no link for Shark Kibble (the sixth story in Beyond).

24. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Did you click on the name? It may not look like it but the links there and it is working for me...

25. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Yeah, I wasn't being serious. If you do read it and you don't quite get something then I'll answer all questions when I update next. It might be part of the story/plot or something that I'll answer in the update itself or I'll answer it separately.

It is a link, it just doesn't look like one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.